In the market for a new car. Suggestions?

Sup NT, well I have 6000 and am in the market for a new car.

I have a scion tc now, which is worth around 6000-7000 depending on if i sell private or trade in.

So that puts me at 12000-13000.

My mom thinks I should use that as a down payment and get a newer 2010+ model.

I'm starting to think the same since I need a reliable car.

Thinking about a BMW 328i 2010 for 17000, and do a 4000 in payments.

Or Jetta SLE for 15000 rest on payments.

Or a honda accord coupe 2011 for 16000. and do the rest on payments

Open to any suggestions besides american cars.

Not a fan at all.

thanks for suggestions.

In B4 get da hemi.

Just get a Toyota or Honda. Maintenance on the Bimmer will hurt your pocket once out of warranty. This was why I ditched my 335. Loved the car, but became too problematic too quickly after warranty expired.

Just get a Toyota or Honda. Maintenance on the Bimmer will hurt your pocket once out of warranty. This was why I ditched my 335. Loved the car, but became too problematic too quickly after warranty expired.
My mom advised the same thing.
laugh.gif

Not a fan of the camry, would rather do the Accord coupe since it looks much sportier (sp?)

anybody have insight on a Jetta GLI?
nerd.gif

its a bit more in price, but from the looks and reviews i've read, i'm thinking its a good car.

U said reliable. Stick with Japanese. Countless horror stories on BMW out of warranty. Accord or maybe a genesis if u can find one in your price range

I would look into volvo. My boy said those were some of the must reliable cars he worked on in recent memory at the volvo dealalship.

U said reliable. Stick with Japanese. Countless horror stories on BMW out of warranty. Accord or maybe a genesis if u can find one in your price range
My boy gas the genesis. Thing is made of plastic. :x

I'd cop the Accord coupe or even the Altima coupe

May look into the altima
Listen to this guy. Your selections are all over the place.

how? 2 German cars and a Japanese?
How's that all over the place?

Was actually thinking about this :lol:

jetta GLI autobahn

get a 2013+

check out vwvortex

vw/audi>>>

hondas, kia, etc

screw a 2010 3 also

get a 2010/11 a4 look around deals can be had

Last edited:
Is the maintenance bad on the vw/audis?

not in this day an age, like most cars

back in the day yea they were kinda real bad

also i assume youll have warranty an the vw/audi community is awesome, lots of ppl to help an fun mods

Besides reliable, what are you currently driving and what do you actually need in a newer car? Reliability is all in the maintenance history of the vehicle. A simple $80 pre-purchase inspection should tell you if the vehicle has been well maintained or not. I had a 1999 Toyota I just got rid of with 175,000 miles on it and didn't have a single problem because it was well maintained.

Besides reliable, what are you currently driving and what do you actually need in a newer car? Reliability is all in the maintenance history of the vehicle. A simple $80 pre-purchase inspection should tell you if the vehicle has been well maintained or not. I had a 1999 Toyota I just got rid of with 175,000 miles on it and didn't have a single problem because it was well maintained.
Driving a scion tc, have had to change the tires 2x this year. And it's a gas guzzler. And the last straw was last week going up a hill i completely lost control and almost had an accident. Tires again; had to change my back left tire :x

Basically I just don't trust it anymore, plus it feels like I'm driving a tractor. The ride is terrible :lol:

What do I need? A gas saver, and trust in it. I had a Honda accord previously an 02; I had no worries about it failing me.

Sats blah blah blah......

Does it have a striking exterior?....

The optima does......

Whisper voice ** the optima does**

Get the new honda coupe sport. Srs

Seems like it's in your budget.
95% certain I'm doing this.

Just doing my due diligence and weighing all options

If you're looking for a fun car and space isn't an issue, there's the Scion FRS. Sticker Price is around high 25's. It has a Subaru 2.0 boxer engine and is RWD. There's a decent amount of aftermarket parts for the car. It only has 200 hp though and torque is ok. I've heard even though the car isn't that fast it is still really fun to drive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom