In the market for a new car. Suggestions?

Get the new honda coupe sport. Srs

Seems like it's in your budget.
95% certain I'm doing this.

Just doing my due diligence and weighing all options

If you're looking for a fun car and space isn't an issue, there's the Scion FRS. Sticker Price is around high 25's. It has a Subaru 2.0 boxer engine and is RWD. There's a decent amount of aftermarket parts for the car. It only has 200 hp though and torque is ok. I've heard even though the car isn't that fast it is still really fun to drive.

Seen these joints as low as 18k.

2013 Accord Coupe V6, Purchased Nov 1st

Staggered Wheel Set-up, Purchased Last Week

20x10 rear
20x8.5 front

I will do a half an inch drop, wrap the roof in gloss black, intake/exhaust, HID's, dynomat, and possibly a new interior.

Got a two JL Audio 10's V3's on a JL 1000/1 mono black.

I put down 12k

Financed 15k w/ $260 mo payment.

This will be my daughters car when ready.

View media item 697134View media item 697135View media item 697138View media item 697139

Got a crazy good deal. The dealer wanted $31k otd for this model but there was no way in hell I was paying more than 30 for a Honda.
I found this one used with 38 miles at a used car dealer that sells exotic cars for $27.5k otd. Guy said he bought it at an auction in Nevada dealer needed it gone.

I have noticed alot of BMW owners trading for the 2013 Accord.

Last edited:

Besides reliable, what are you currently driving and what do you actually need in a newer car? Reliability is all in the maintenance history of the vehicle. A simple $80 pre-purchase inspection should tell you if the vehicle has been well maintained or not. I had a 1999 Toyota I just got rid of with 175,000 miles on it and didn't have a single problem because it was well maintained.
 I had a Honda accord previously an 02; I had no worries about it failing me.
really.

98-02 accord was garbage. 

i had a 6th gen v6 myself and it was nothing but problems. i know countless owners of the same car with even more problems. 

but back to thread topic,

get a "luxury" japanese if you can: mid 2000s IS, TL, GS, M, G...

Ever thought about a VW Passat? Great gas mileage, pretty good exterior too, esoecially since you said you were looking at a Jetta.

I'm trying to cop a CC when I get my funds up for what it's worth. Those things are ill and you never see anybody with them :smokin

I would agree that a new accord is def a great candidate. Lease it if you plan on buying it anyways after three years. Leasing is another form of purchase with a more affordable payment. Residuals on honda are the strongest where I know for a fact that others such as Kia are worth nowhere near as much as they should be.

2014 Mazda 6 and check out the 2015 subarus legacy and wrx. I think those are out early 2014

I was in the exact same situation a few months ago. Had the tC and everything. Went out and test drove a lot of cars. Fell in love with the FRS.

If you don't need a backseat I would certainly go drive one as it's the most fun car I've driven and I love driving it on a daily basis. However, If you need 4 seats go with the Accord.

If you're looking for a fun car and space isn't an issue, there's the Scion FRS. Sticker Price is around high 25's. It has a Subaru 2.0 boxer engine and is RWD. There's a decent amount of aftermarket parts for the car. It only has 200 hp though and torque is ok. I've heard even though the car isn't that fast it is still really fun to drive.
Despise the frs, scions interiors are abysmal. Plus i test drove one a while back, didn't like it at all.

20x10 rear
20x8.5 front

I will do a half an inch drop, wrap the roof in gloss black, intake/exhaust, HID's, dynomat, and possibly a new interior.

Got a two JL Audio 10's V3's on a JL 1000/1 mono black.

I put down 12k

Financed 15k w/ $260 mo payment.

This will be my daughters car when ready.

Got a crazy good deal. The dealer wanted $31k otd for this model but there was no way in hell I was paying more than 30 for a Honda.
I found this one used with 38 miles at a used car dealer that sells exotic cars for $27.5k otd. Guy said he bought it at an auction in Nevada dealer needed it gone.

I have noticed alot of BMW owners trading for the 2013 Accord.
nthat.gif

Ever thought about a VW Passat? Great gas mileage, pretty good exterior too, esoecially since you said you were looking at a Jetta.

I'm trying to cop a CC when I get my funds up for what it's worth. Those things are ill and you never see anybody with them
smokin.gif
maybe the passat, havent eem looked at it. I love how sturdy the interiors are on the vw's. the quality is top notch.
I was in the exact same situation a few months ago. Had the tC and everything. Went out and test drove a lot of cars. Fell in love with the FRS.

If you don't need a backseat I would certainly go drive one as it's the most fun car I've driven and I love driving it on a daily basis. However, If you need 4 seats go with the Accord.
damn man, i hateeee the frs. interiors are absolutely 
sick.gif
 you can move the dash if you just push a little. 
laugh.gif

and with kia's they dont hold value, i know if i pay 16-18 for a honda, then i can sell it for 10-12 in a few years. 

idk about kia's  

I have the new 2013 Honda Accord sport 4 door.

I love it. does everything i need it to do

drove it from the Bay Area to Vegas to LA than back home to the Bay Area. didnt spend much on gas at all.

Japanese is the only way to go when you want a reliable used car.  Stay away from those Europeans and Cadillacs.  I knwo too many people that  pump money month after month into those types of luxury cars.  

20x10 rear

20x8.5 front

should have went with concave wheels IMO.
Not a concave fan, I feel it's really played out on these types of cars (ie vossens). I don't see many Honda's with a nice lip. At 33, I didn't want to impress the tuner crowd.
no i agree, concave sux but on this body style it woulda looked better IMO

but yeah, tasteful mods >>>> ricey tuner cars

maybe once you lower it i'll appreciate it more. 

*edit

did you get w3v3 or what series?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom