In your opinion what is the worst quality controlled retro release?

As everyone else said, everything from 2006-2013 was pretty much garbage with very few exceptions.
Still to me the recent true blue 3s were the most disappointing release ever because I actually had high hopes for them. The NA retros that preceded them were all pretty solid. They were $220 and the materials were trash. The quality control was also non existent. Some of the pairs I saw on display at stores were laughably bad.

Bordeaux 7s. The most recent reissue. That toebox is laughable. No the og was not like that. Them ****s was stitched too tight. I went thru 5 pairs, returned them all and just rock my 2011s. Still look DS and no bubbly toe box.

Would like to add 07 aquas to the list. That paint cracking on the midsole broke my heart. Newer pair is way better.

military 4 from 2006 but the chicago 1 from 2013 sucks too... i like that pair too but dont like wearing it cuz the quality sucks

CDP 4 midsole would peel with ease I remember everyone on here sharing the same issues. Military 4 ‘06 leather was terrible. Should’ve known when I bought them creased on discount. Fire Red 4s from ‘12 had the same issue with creasing too in the majority of the production.

Any 7 from the dark years. Shoe was paper thin. Couldn’t hoop or play anything in at all, and here the Olympic 7s from 2005 were durable as heck for me. On the opposite side of the spectrum the SoleFly 17s and DB 15s were way better then the OG materials wise.

I legitimately believe JB used paper compressed with synthetic leather to make the uppers of the Orion 7s.

2009 Flu Game for sure. Back in 2010, the outsole got ashy and wouldn’t go away no matter what I did. Also, the mudguard was flimsy and creased so easy. The shoe strings were also easy ruined with wear. It wasn’t until I got an 97 Cherry 12 in January 2011 that I realized full on that the 2009 quality was a slap in the face.

In regards to recent I'd have to go with TB3 and Last Shot.

Last shots were terrible, had to go through 3 pairs to find one I could live with.

2011 Cement Jordan 3
2012 Jordan VII (Raptors) were awful. I remember how good the 2002 pair was and I was really disappointed.
2012 black & red Jordan IV
2012 Jordan XII (They're awful to walk in)

those are the main ones that stick out.

Back
Top Bottom