INDIE Music Thread

Kids are getting better at music everyday. Youth Lagoon and Avi Buffalo come to mind.

I actually own that album Oh, Inverted World album by The Shins. Really good band.

The Fiona Apple album was one of the best of the summer. (I think it came out during the summer)

i know it's been mentioned before, but i just now heard it and i absolutely loved it..

imo it's much better than the first one..

pimp.gif

Bon Iver - Towers (Live on Austin City Limits)

In case NT doesn't post the embedded link, here's a hyper link...Austin City Limits is such a great show for catching acts live on TV (especially on HD). The episode featuring Bon Iver & Radiohead will air on Oct 6th on PBS.

Last edited:
New Circa Survive drops tomorrow. Fully self promoted and produced. Here's a song from their first album in celebration:

Well finally got around to listening to Celebration Rock....and Wow....what an album.

Looking into buying tickets to see them at the black cat in DC or union transfer in philly in december.

Younger Us :smokin
Adrenaline Night shift:smokin

i can't even find the words to describe this album.. but i definitely think you all should hear it.

Last edited:
Just got around to listening to the new Wild Nothing record 'Nocturne.' Very good off the first listen. The recording quality is SO much better than the debut album. Still shares a lot of aesthetic qualities with the first so those that loved 'Gemini' need not fret.

I am not crazy about Chairlift, but I saw them play at Brooklyn Bowl last week (I think it was last week) because my homie from college wanted to visit me and see The Drums. Chairlift were quite good. The Drums were better.

ya'll mess w passion pit? i know they are signed to major, but they still have that indie sound.

Last edited:
ya'll mess w passion pit? i know they are signed to major, but they still have that indie aesthetic.

one of my favorite bands to listen to along with the naked and famous. passion pit was amazing at outside lands in SF last month.

heard one of their songs in a taco bell commercial though. oh well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom