INDIE Music Thread

this album is way too chill...

A / A : Alien Observer by Grouper

it's actually part of a two album series

to me this right here is the ******g definition of ethereal.

Norrrwaaaaaaaaaayyyy ayyyyy ayyyy ayyyyy ayyyy. One my favorite Beach House tracks, such a great song.

And on the subject of Beach House what is your guys favorite album from them? I mean really I think it comes down to 'Teen Dream' and 'Bloom' I can't decide which one I like more they're both too good.

Last edited:
They also started their tour today (Beach House). I'm so mad at myself for not buying tickets earlier they're sold out now and StubHub is selling them for like triple the price :x

they're all A1 to me, but what they were able to do with bloom though.. 
mean.gif

damn i didn't even know they were touring.. atl show is sold out. 
mean.gif

Bloom really blew me away on first listen. And yeah tickets were originally going for $33 with tax and everything included now it's in high 70s-80s. Oh well, if it kills my bank account I will make it to their show.

For those who are big fans of Dream Pop, like myself, this is an awesome album.

Youth Lagoon - The Year of Hibernation

'Afternoon' is my favorite song from YL's album. Year of Hibernation is a real solid piece of work.

They also started their tour today (Beach House). I'm so mad at myself for not buying tickets earlier they're sold out now and StubHub is selling them for like triple the price :x

Saw them back in May right before Bloom dropped. Basically played the entire album, Equal Mind, and some old stuff. Amazing show. Victoria is really nice too.

yea, baltimore and philly shows are sold out too, been sold out actually. Check craigslist. You can usually get tickets for solid prices.

Yeah I'll be sure to check Craigslist come time of the concert. Finally took the time out of my day to go to Best Buy and buy 'Bloom'. To my delight they also had a physical copy of 'Teen Dream' so I went ahead and bought that as well. Always feels good to support your favorite artists/bands.

Oh god I love this thread. Brb gonna go through my itunes and youtube and stuff so I can share with you all.

Dirty Projectors - experimental indie. Very nice to blaze to.

Stillness is The Move

No Intention: My favorite song by them. Super chill.

exlovers - Their album "Moth" is a pretty good album if you're recovering from a breakup lol

You Forget So Easily

Friends - Their album "Manifest!" is really good. I mainly like one song though.

Friend Crush: Oh god I can't get enough of this song

I can honestly keep going and going but I don't wanna be a post*****. I've gone through this whole thread and spotted a lot of my favorites like The Drums, King Tuff (******oh god I love them a LOT right now*******), Dum Dum Girls, Wild Nothing.

I will stay in this thread for a while, lol. Keep them coming!

Dirty Projectors - experimental indie. Very nice to blaze to.

Stillness is The Move

No Intention: My favorite song by them. Super chill.

exlovers - Their album "Moth" is a pretty good album if you're recovering from a breakup lol

You Forget So Easily

Friends - Their album "Manifest!" is really good. I mainly like one song though.

Friend Crush: Oh god I can't get enough of this song

I can honestly keep going and going but I don't wanna be a post*****. I've gone through this whole thread and spotted a lot of my favorites like The Drums, King Tuff (******oh god I love them a LOT right now*******), Dum Dum Girls, Wild Nothing.

I will stay in this thread for a while, lol. Keep them coming!

I was on a Dirty Projectors binge last weekend after I saw them at Made In America Fest. Great music like you said, very interesting style.. Stillness Is the Move is :smokin

i'm in dire need of a lossless version of the new xx album.

i might just have to wait til it comes out.

edit:

never mind, i found it.

Last edited:
One of my favorite albums ever. Two Doves is probably my favorite song off Bitte Orca :nthat:

Last edited:
Another one of my favorite bands: Twin Sister

You may have heard them on Kendrick Lamar's "The Recipe." This is the song lol
Meet The Frownies

Lady Daydream: I love this song so much. So relaxing. Has that nice beach feel.

I can't find the other thread and you guys are already talking about them in here, so...

Dirty Projectors' short film.

Back
Top Bottom