INDIE Music Thread

Grizzly Bear taking up most of my time right now. New album is AOTY status.

Also, Sky Ferreira may have just dropped my song of the fall/winter/late-summer/year

i can't even find the words to describe this album.. but i definitely think you all should hear it.

interesting. I like spoken word, was kinda hard to understand what was being said though.
her crackling voice did make it hard to understand some of the words.

i coulda sworn she was about to start crying on damn near every song.. but either way it's a very interesting project.

My bad, I thought I posted the name.  It's the Swans' new LP The Seer.

I would recommend chopping up the listening sessions to one for each disc.  The title track alone is more than a half hour long.  It's lengthy so listening to it in one sitting may seem a little daunting but man, is it worth it.

Also, Sky Ferreira may have just dropped my song of the fall/winter/late-summer/year

[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

This song is so catchy. Love it.

Words can't explain how good that Sky Ferreira song is........

Instant top-2/3 song I've heard this year.

It's a good song, but I'm not feeling it as much as you guys. Maybe top 20 for me. I'll give it some more listens to see if it grows on me.

Ultraista - Bad Insect

Another song from Nigel Godrich's band...The singer sounds kinda like Elizabeth Fraser from the Cocteau Twins...

Django Django - Default & Storm

Not sure how I feel about this band yet but I thought I'd share....

Divine Fits

If you guys are on tumblr, follow me. I post a lot more music on there than here.

Last edited:

[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

This song has been on REPEAT. So nice from the instrumentals, vocals, lyrics, etc. Thanks!

Grizzly Bear's album is really nice, not as good as Yellow House or Veckatimest though.

That Sky Ferreira song is perfect

Interesting thread. I just got into this type of music, been a Grizzly Bear fan for a couple months now, loving that new album. Wish it was longer though (same complaint for the xx album). 9 full songs and 1 interlude is not enough! :lol:

Not much can compare to chilling to Grizzly Bear or Beach House.

Little Dragon - Twice (Joneses Remix)

Just heard this remix. I wonder when LD will drop their next release?

Anyone know how to embed a soundcloud player?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom