INDIE Music Thread

that wild nothing is slowly becoming one of my favorite albums of 2012...

Yep. Not really a single weak song on it. A handful of really great tracks as well.

Disappear Always
Shadow
Nocturne
Midnight Song
Only Heather
Rheya

All great songs.

that wild nothing is slowly becoming one of my favorite albums of 2012...
Yep. Not really a single weak song on it. A handful of really great tracks as well.

Disappear Always
Shadow
Nocturne
Midnight Song
Only Heather
Rheya

All great songs.
i don't think anything else this year has made wanna bust out and start dancing the way this project does... random *** dancing too.

Look out for this production duo Disclosure in the next few months... they're making some incredible music. They have a record coming out next year on the same label as Jessie Ware.

Posting to remember to come back here later for recommendations.

huge Toro fan, huuuge Beach House fan. I listen to a lot of Grizzly Bear, Yeasayer, random other stuff.

anyone got more info on these guys? my favorite song right now..

I can get with this track.

love this song :smokin

any wye oak fans?

this **** is too relaxing/chill..

Posting to remember to come back here later for recommendations.
huge Toro fan, huuuge Beach House fan. I listen to a lot of Grizzly Bear, Yeasayer, random other stuff.
anyone got more info on these guys? my favorite song right now..

love this song :smokin

blame it on my a.d.d.

Went to see Moonface

and Julia Holter tonight.

They're both damn great live. Was able to get ahold of a copy of 'Tragedy' too 8) Kind of a bootleg looking self-burned CD from Julia, but still dope (especially considering it's out of print) and they gave a free poster with it. Got the last copy too :smokin

any wye oak fans?

this **** is too relaxing/chill..

[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]
I'm a big fan. Need to check out some of her side projects.

If I had to define what "indie music" encompassed... it just seems to be music that is less well known. Stuff that's described as "indie" tend to be a bit more obscure than what you'd find on the radio.
I don't really even like the term "indie music" because, like the word "hipster", it's become this word that doesn't really mean anything. Let's just stick with pop, rock, punk, electronic, house, etc. Those are more descriptive and helpful than "indie."

ill add my contributions later but indie is simply singer / songwriters usually over one instrument. because the value in the songs are the lyrics and feel not the beat.

I personally prefer female indie artists.

let me know if anyone likes any of this nonsense, I've got a ton.

If I had to define what "indie music" encompassed... it just seems to be music that is less well known. Stuff that's described as "indie" tend to be a bit more obscure than what you'd find on the radio.
I don't really even like the term "indie music" because, like the word "hipster", it's become this word that doesn't really mean anything. Let's just stick with pop, rock, punk, electronic, house, etc. Those are more descriptive and helpful than "indie."

ill add my contributions later but indie is simply singer / songwriters usually over one instrument. because the value in the songs are the lyrics and feel not the beat.
Eh. When the term really became widely used in the mid 90s it was reserved for bands on independent labels that were way more than just a singer/songwriter and just one instrument. If anything it was much more of low production, sometimes even recorded on minimal equipment, casette and even 8-track, rock music...lo fi, garage type music if you will. It was like the next wave of rock after grunge's (always hated that term) reaction to hair metal and strayed away from Third Eye Blind or other kinds of jock rock that I can't think of.

It's clearly evolved into something much bigger and basically anything that's not mainstream or major label.

Sonic Youth - Schizophrenia (Pitchfork TV ADD performance)

Sonic Youth will be releases a live album from a 1985 show in Chicago - Smart Bar when they were touring for their second release Bad Moon Rising.

Here's the track listing-

1. Hallowe'en
2. Death Valley '69
3. Intro/Brave Men Run (In My Family)
4. I Love Her All the Time
5. Ghost *****
6. I'm Insane
7. Kat 'N' Hat
8. Brother James
9. Kill Yr Idols
10. Secret Girl
11. Flower
12. The Burning Spear
13. Expressway to Yr Skull
14. Making the Nature Scene

Here's a website if you guys wanted to discover new artists/bands that I visit often and find a LOT of good music.

http://wearehunted.com

Also, browsing through http://bandcamp.com/ is fun and you find a lot of bands that let's you download their stuff for any price including $0 :smokin

I have other ways of "obtaining" new albums. PM if interested lol

Last edited:
The Raveonettes - The Enemy

Some of their stuff is really hit or miss with me, but I like this song. Going to have to check out their new release...

Finally a video for one of my favorite songs of the year :pimp: (Came out over a month ago but didnt even notice smh) Ugh, I love this woman. Wish she'd do a US tour.

Any M83 fans out there? NPR just posted a live song from a recent show they did at DC's legendary 9:30 club....

Back
Top Bottom