Information Technology (IT)

Have my first phone interview with an IT company for a summer internship. Wish me luck
good luck! my first ever phone interview i was mad nervous lol.

I feel lucky to be living in the DMV.. IT is just booming over here Esp. in Bethesda and NoVA

I didn't get the cyber security position I interviewed for last week. It would have been a good way to get in the CS door AND was down the street from my house. :smh:

I did get contacted about a configuration management position though. Anyone in that realm? Not exactly sure what it entails.

I didn't get the cyber security position I interviewed for last week. It would have been a good way to get in the CS door AND was down the street from my house.
mean.gif

I did get contacted about a configuration management position though. Anyone in that realm? Not exactly sure what it entails.
I know about CM vaguely , if that is all you are doing full time good luck lol. Will be extremely boring and unsatisfying .

I didn't get the cyber security position I interviewed for last week. It would have been a good way to get in the CS door AND was down the street from my house. :smh:

At my company that team pretty much deploys software and also manages JIRA for us and some other software. Writing a ton of automation scripts an stuff like that.

Yall got any resources for Active Directory learning/practice? My first interview at this gig they had me take a test and they had AD **** on there which I really haven't done much with, and I'd like to be a lil more prepared for the second interview.

@LuckyLuchiano I need to get with you bc I know you out here in the A :nerd:

Yall got any resources for Active Directory learning/practice? My first interview at this gig they had me take a test and they had AD **** on there which I really haven't done much with, and I'd like to be a lil more prepared for the second interview.

Just install virtual box or VMware player. Use an evaluation copy for Server 2016/2012 and Windows 10. Maybe deploy a server and two clients. Setup up a Forrest/domain, deploy GPOs, create users, setup some roles on the server, etc. Did they say what kind of environment they have?

Well just got off the phone with the hiring manager. I think the interview went well. We'll see what happens...

let me know what you are trying to do.

nerd.gif
 hmmmmm

How would someone get involved in IT?  lol

edit: i found an old cert i got back in high school. i honestly don't think its worth anything but its a CIW v5 Associate. What would be my next step? I would like to do some kind of program or self study for certs while I'm out of school till August. Any ideas NT fam?

edit: did some research and decided to get a cert in CompTIA A+...anyone have any suggestions on to what material to use to study?

Last edited:
got a help desk job paying 50k.... Only downside is that its a 9 hours shift mon-fri and the commute is like an hour and thats not including traffic :x  

do people here usually say what company they work for or should that be kept on the low on the internet????
50k for a help desk job? :nerd: Where do I apply? :lol:

NT fam

I'm not in the same realm of IT as some of you, I'm in data warehousing and business intelligence.

Currently for work I'm the BI Manager. Really like the job and work field.

Any other BI guys on NT?

got a help desk job paying 50k.... Only downside is that its a 9 hours shift mon-fri and the commute is like an hour and thats not including traffic :x  

do people here usually say what company they work for or should that be kept on the low on the internet????
50k for a help desk job? :nerd: Where do I apply? :lol:

Where I live (Tucson, AZ), most help desk jobs start from 45-55k). I'm guessing not a lot of qualified candidates live here so they had to sweeten the incentives

NT fam

I'm not in the same realm of IT as some of you, I'm in data warehousing and business intelligence.

Currently for work I'm the BI Manager. Really like the job and work field.

Any other BI guys on NT?

If taken courses on it and done some projects with BI teams but never wanted to move to that side because it seemed kind of boring lol. The info i have learned however is very interesting and critical to business nowadays so I dont regret it.

BA here working for a Tech Company.

Use to work at a helpdesk as a QA then moved onto a solution developer role and now am a BA with another company.

I love BA, literally its meetings and meetings and creating good requriment docs. 

BA here working for a Tech Company.
Use to work at a helpdesk as a QA then moved onto a solution developer role and now am a BA with another company.

I love BA, literally its meetings and meetings and creating good requriment docs. 

Im a BA also, next move Im looking at doing is moving into product management or a business architect type role. Leaning more to product management though.

Im a BA also, next move Im looking at doing is moving into product management or a business architect type role. Leaning more to product management though.
yup thats excatly what i'm leaning towards more architect type of work. Are you doing any online class type stuff or just shadowing someone at your current job? 

yup thats excatly what i'm leaning towards more architect type of work. Are you doing any online class type stuff or just shadowing someone at your current job? 

im a lead BA so there is no shadowing per say. The way my org works is the BAs work with the Product Owners from the product team. The product owners are typically former BAs or non technical architects who know the product real well.

Right now Im getting my masters and will probably be done next spring. Once I graduate Im going to re evaluate what move I think is best next. Many organizations are moving away from traditional BAs so BAs end up being on the product side as a product owner/product manager or they assume solution architect/business architect type roles.

Back
Top Bottom