Information Technology (IT)

Plenty of jobs in the Ft Meade area, most jobs require a TS/SCI though at the minimum .
Thats a hell of a commute from where I'm at but depending on the opportunity I would jump at it. Security clearance is a pain in the *** to get since you have to be sponsored

My current role is a network administrator and help desk analyst and I work in the Baltimore area. I'm sort of an jack of all trades with a strong understanding of Microsoft's catalog (AD, Exchange, etc.) and its various tools. I'm proficient with IOS as well along with android cell phones. I work in Baltimore for a clinic with over 10 physical locations that I'm responsible for. I'm currently working on getting certifications but I have over 7 years of experience and a ton of college coursework completed. I want to graduate at some point but circumstances changed and I had to drop out. Shout out to whoever suggested D.I.C.E
Ahhh good ole Microsoft sometimes making the smartest people feel dumb and everything in between. I was sitting at my desk trying to figure out why I couldn't map to a share drive in 2016. Come to find out I forgot to give the security group permissions only Domain Admins had permissions. I was like SOB of course, luckily it was only a 10 - 15 minute gaff on my part.

Man I don't know how you do it, I hate managing Exchange, shied away all my career then got it dumped on me here in a sink or swim capacity. Exchange crashed and everyone looked at me, I looked down the line and noticed nobody else started after me. :stoneface:

Are you using 2012 or have you migrated the 10 sites to 2016 with Windows 10?

Ahhh good ole Microsoft sometimes making the smartest people feel dumb and everything in between. I was sitting at my desk trying to figure out why I couldn't map to a share drive in 2016. Come to find out I forgot to give the security group permissions only Domain Admins had permissions. I was like SOB of course, luckily it was only a 10 - 15 minute gaff on my part.

Man I don't know how you do it, I hate managing Exchange, shied away all my career then got it dumped on me here in a sink or swim capacity. Exchange crashed and everyone looked at me, I looked down the line and noticed nobody else started after me. :stoneface:

Are you using 2012 or have you migrated the 10 sites to 2016 with Windows 10?
Same story :lol:, I was a limited knowledge of it but my first real IT job thrust it on me when my old manager quit (long story but the CEO of the company is in jail for fraud) so I had a crash course in it along with a bunch of other stuff. My current role was initially for remediation and when we got here they had 3 different instances of exchange running at once. We ended up migrating everything to a 2012 server but I wasn't as hands on with that because they had a number of issues along with day to day problems that needed to be addressed. Once its established its not the worst thing in the world

I remembered being interviewed by Microsoft, one of the most intimidating interview I have ever experience.

2nd is the company I’m currently working for. 4 hours long and 8 different people.

I may be looking to go to Etrader..homey just hit me up saying it’s gravy over there. 3 different shifts! You get to pick.

Last edited:
I remembered being interviewed by Microsoft, one of the most intimidating interview I have ever experience.

2nd is the company I’m currently working for. 4 hours long and 8 different people.

I may be looking to go to Etrader..homey just hit me up saying it’s gravy over there. 3 different shifts! You get to pick.
I heard about those MS interviews, if you make it to lunch you are good. However, I heard they are running a sweatshop, and you have to find your own business to bill to.

really man, that's insane?

My first "Real, IT job" was at TD Ameritrade as a middleware support engineer. The guy who interview me with hit me with a " double entendre question" i can remember it to he said "what we do here we put out fires, can you do that?" i answered "where's the fire extinguisher, i can put it out" he gave me the opportunity to work with them as intern for 2 months, but its was the most mudane boring job i ever had.(i was just using powerful sales tools/ and fixing software bugs) I didn't extend it and left for Amazon for something more hands on.

glad i left cause they were people at the job (******'s) :smh:

My current position had a 3 hour interview in person along with 2 30 minute interviews I did on the phone on the same day. **** was annoying but I did get the job. Another memorable one I had was with Under Armour, had 4 different phone interviews and they said they liked me but never called back. I was pissed, although I was notified they were known for under paying people

My current position had a 3 hour interview in person along with 2 30 minute interviews I did on the phone on the same day. **** was annoying but I did get the job. Another memorable one I had was with Under Armour, had 4 different phone interviews and they said they liked me but never called back. I was pissed, although I was notified they were known for under paying people
Been there, had an interview for a remote VMware architect for Nike, doing a design for there new datacenter. I thought the position went "good" not my best but not my worst. They said they would reach back out to me I never heard back, but I wanted that job so bad. I would of burned my resume and never left if I got that job.

Been there, had an interview for a remote VMware architect for Nike, doing a design for there new datacenter. I thought the position went "good" not my best but not my worst. They said they would reach back out to me I never heard back, but I wanted that job so bad. I would of burned my resume and never left if I got that job.
Wowzers, Under Amour was dope as hell aside from the design of their shoes. Big campus, location by the harbor, multiple gyms and ball courts, free parking, I was excited as hell and hurt when they never called back. If I were in your shoes and it was Nike I might of had panic attack waiting for the offer call. Sorry to hear that man

So I just lost my job. I've been doing insurance for the past 10 years and I am just sick of it.

I did a quick search on NT trying to see if anyone works at Saleforce and I found this thread. I know there is just pages of pages of info but I figure to ask like every normal "lazy" NTer. Long story short, I am living in San Francisco and want to do a career change. For whatever particular reason, I want to work for Salesforce but don't know what I need to do to get in that company. Does anyone in here work for them whether in the SF office or other locations? I only have work experience in being a insurance underwriter and a BA in graphic design (which I did no use). What general things would I need to do to try and work for that company doing anything....and I do mean anything. Is being Salesforce certified any good?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

CRM Salesforce..I’m actually the Sr. Application Enginner for a SaaS CRM application. One of my integration is with Salesforce.

Heard something about they’re one of the best companies to work for. My best bet is that you need to understand CRM.

Depending on the job, read the description and decide if they're any certs needed.

If you feel you’re a fit without them (certs), then you need to tailor your resume to the job description. Most application/resume get scan for keywords, so make sure you have some of what they’re asking for.

Good luck

Last edited:
Recruiters are car salesmen. 1st question I ask is the rate. Next question is the duration if it's a contract. Makes convos really quick.

Most places asking a ton of skills but they not paying $$$. Hit them with a quick no thank you and on to the next.

All facts!!

I'm on a pretty short term contract now, especially given I up ended my whole life and moved to come work, but like dude said kats will call and lefit offer you 1 month contracts, especially these migration contracts

I took the N+ exam last week and man that test was tough one. Now it's on to the Sec+ exam then Project+.

Security+ is a good investment of time. Project+ not so much.

Besides meeting a graduation requirement for WGU, it has no value. PMP on the other hand has value in the market and has a high ROI.

A former coworker was a vet, working as a laptop technician (mainly just imaging them). He took the PMP. It changed his life. He went from $45 K in the tech position to ^$100K for the project management position. He got som experience deploying Win 7 and parlayed that into a position with Nielsen earning around $150K.

Security+ is a good investment of time. Project+ not so much.

Besides meeting a graduation requirement for WGU, it has no value. PMP on the other hand has value in the market and has a high ROI.

A former coworker was a vet, working as a laptop technician (mainly just imaging them). He took the PMP. It changed his life. He went from $45 K in the tech position to ^$100K for the project management position. He got som experience deploying Win 7 and parlayed that into a position with Nielsen earning around $150K.

Wow...that's a drastic change and definitely a notable improvement. I'm noticing a lot of overlap with the Sec+ from the Net+ which works for me.

How much studying did you do for the Net+?

Honestly I did a few weeks. I used UCertify because that's what WGU recommends plus Professor Messer videos. Some of the stuff on the exam I knew because I work in IT so it's things I've either worked on or had some type of involvement with. It's a tough exam so make sure you exhaust any and all options for studying.

Has anyone taken CASP?
What questions you got?

Took the exam 3 times. Passed twice, failed once.

The test is not a joke. If you have decent cybersecurity experience, it's not too difficult.

I’m also hearing the new CompTIA pen test (what!!!) is just as difficult.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom