Information Technology (IT)

Man this Boeing job recruiting me like I’m a LeBron level prospect and they talking numbers! I always tell whoever I interviewed at Boeing before a few years ago and I didnt like the vibes, and this was for a job paying half as much. Now all these headhunters hitting me up for a Sys Admin at 50- 55/hr which is like 110k, in OKC money that is crazy. Nvm I also just got approved to get my rent paid, the landlord just has to sign off on it. Finally someone from Boeing directly called me and i told her the same thing she said she’d have the hiring manager for this Pacific opportunity call me snd talk about the workplace culture. I also noticed that since they first started emailing me it changed from 100% on site to hybrid.

One thing my current opportunity has, is that I am doing nothing (contract is literally called the whitespace contract) and lends itself to low stress, bout to dip out now and pick up my daughter and they are holding my Top Secret and supposed to be going to upgrade to TS SCI in a few months. But money is money odk how much longer I can keep turning down ~20k bump

That's usually the biggest things with the low stress gigs, well in my case, is that the pay is decent, but not always great. These companies start tossing out numbers and then you start thinking like damn. I had a company hit me on LinkedIn yesterday about a manger gig paying $110-$130K. I had to hold back from responding, but damn it was tempting.

Literally another one just came in same job. But they’ve been hitting me for a year I think it will be around. But also seems like something is wrong if they cant fill or retain that position paying probably upwards like 2.5x the local average, right? You’d think they got a line around the building (granite requiring a clearance trims that down).

I think my play is to finish this week and next week not doing **** lol Then Im a take the next 4-6 weeks and study for Server +, might even enroll in one of those 5 day bootcamps and Telos will pay for it AND I can do it on company time. If I leave before a year I’ll have to grt unreimbursed but thats fine, wait for them to make me Ts SCi then go to Boeing with another cert and higher clearance level on my belt

My connection sucks and it wont load but i think this article might be about that just popped up on ny timeline

017F3BF4-0F64-49A3-AA77-153C3E84BC0F.jpg

7C391A18-3C7A-41B5-839C-A2570FB28CAD.jpeg

Last edited:
Just failed my A+ part 2. Got 621/700 needed to pass. That means I got 24/77 questions wrong. That’s insane on my part..I honestly thought I passed. I don’t even know what I need to study

dinyc3st dinyc3st thanks. you helped a lot with the PBQs, pretty sure I got all 3 right. But what would the last step be when talking to the customer about the IMAP port, explain it to him, contact the company to tell them about the error, or just exit the chat? Also, It had SSL enabled so I did port 993

The only thing that got me a little about the disk management PBQ was that it said it needed redundancy but I couldn’t click on anything besides create a simple volume (not striped, mirrored, etc)

:smh::smh::smh::smh:

Just failed my A+ part 2. Got 621/700 needed to pass. That means I got 24/77 questions wrong. That’s insane on my part..I honestly thought I passed. I don’t even know what I need to study

dinyc3st dinyc3st thanks. you helped a lot with the PBQs, pretty sure I got all 3 right. But what would the last step be when talking to the customer about the IMAP port, explain it to him, contact the company to tell them about the error, or just exit the chat? Also, It had SSL enabled so I did port 993

The only thing that got me a little about the disk management PBQ was that it said it needed redundancy but I couldn’t click on anything besides create a simple volume (not striped, mirrored, etc)

Sucks, but use this as a learning experience. I personally would look into Jason Dion’s practice exam. Easily the best resource imo, especially with the PBQ’s. Also, yea the multiple choice questions are tough because of the wording but that’s where Jason’s work comes into play. Because the questioning is identical to the actual exam and the process of elimination when it comes to the multiple choices.

You’ll get it on your next try. Just take your time and study throughly.

So as of a week or 2 ago, the company I work for was sold by our parent company to become independent. The deal's been signed and on paper we're independent now but a bunch of our systems like leases etc are still integrated with the parent company. I still have a working parent company email account for example, aside from my current one.
Today I got an email from a recruiter for our former parent company, offering me a position to come work for them :smh::lol:
I wasn't the only one either, one of the developers got a job offer from the same recruiter as well.

Dude really sent a job offer email from (recruiter)@(parentcompany).be to my (name)@(ex-parentcompany).be email address :lol:
Seems kinda scummy to me.

So as of a week or 2 ago, the company I work for was sold by our parent company to become independent. The deal's been signed and on paper we're independent now but a bunch of our systems like leases etc are still integrated with the parent company. I still have a working parent company email account for example, aside from my current one.
Today I got an email from a recruiter for our former parent company, offering me a position to come work for them :smh::lol:
I wasn't the only one either, one of the developers got a job offer from the same recruiter as well.

Dude really sent a job offer email from (recruiter)@(parentcompany).be to my (name)@(ex-parentcompany).be email address :lol:
Seems kinda scummy to me.

Time to get that raise!

retake it dont worry about da failure

Time to get that raise!
Too far away from me, their office is in Brussels. I wouldn't have taken it either way though, my current workplace is damn near a utopia and my current €2k/month net salary is plenty for me.
I have side income but even the €2k/month alone is enough to fully cover my rent, energy/water and food bills while still being able to save.
We had a good laugh about it at the office. Our boss thought it was funny but also kinda disrespectful to try and snatch our employees away while we're still in the process of fully separating our integrated systems like leases etc.

The fact that the recruiter emailed my and the other coworker's ex parent company email address makes it even funnier. Obviously we have our independent @company.be email as well but this recruiter sent his emails to our @ex-parentcompany.be email addresses for some reason. Made it look like they're trying to recruit their own employees :lol:

Anyone here got a TS-SCI clearance that does IT? Does that clearance help?
There are jobs that require it and less people have it already or can get one so yes.

A regular secret costs $60,000 iirc for the company sponsoring you to get from scratch so I imagine TS and then SCI cost more. How or why dont ask me, theyre just verifying basic information.

As such, companies if their job requires it prefer to hire someone who already has one so they can just bring it in then having to pay to get it for you, but if you find a company who will pay to get your clearance or upgrade you, its worth it even of you just stay until the clearance comes through. Thats basically what I’m probably about to do sinxe they are talking about upgrading my TS to TS SCI so we can work in one particular lab. Which is funny because I have been here 2 weeks and literally have done nothing

So yea you’d be part of a smaller pool of candidates available for certain opportunities and certainly can expect higher pay as a result usually.

Yes, certainly. Ya can work in most DoD Combatant Commands, Agencies, etc with that clearance.
Oh ok, cool. I don’t have any certs or experience in IT, but I just got a job that granted me that clearance and I want to go that IT route. I ask people how do you get certs and such, but I’m not sure where to start. I’m in the DMV area by the way.

Yea you have the potential to make a lot of money then. Get your Sec + first and then you can get into some roles and figure out your specialization and which route you want to take. Probably will have to start at something help desky, desktop supporty, Tier 2sy though which isn’t necessarily a bad thing

Completely off-topic, but this top secret clearance talk reminded me of a good story.
A year or two ago, a Defense Dept command center accidentally called me. I didn't pick up because I didn't recognize the number but the voicemail said "(numeric/letter code), requesting transport for redeployment of (name)"
When I heard that, I looked into the number and found out it came from our Defense Dept's main command center. So I called back and said "Hi, I'm calling back about the redeployment of (name)..." but the Defense Dept guy cut me off, referred to me as an intelligence official and was about to say idk what.
I quickly cut him off to tell him that I was actually a civilian and they got the wrong number, and the reply had me dying.

In the most 'man I screwed up' tone possible, he said "You're...not from ADIV?" (ADIV is our military intelligence agency)
I affirmed again that I was a civilian and the guy just said "oh...uhm...ok" and hung up

Judging by the guy starting off the voicemail with some kind of code and the fact that the call was clearly supposed to go to someone from our military intelligence agency, I wouldn't be surprised if he accidentally spilled classified information.

I have mine and yes it definitely helps. I’d be making well over 170k as soon as I stop bsin and get my security +.

Once you have a clearance, you can always find a IT gig
What do you do? Or where do you reside? That’s mad high unless you got a crazy specialization or upper management.

I could see it for DMV though.

What do you do? Or where do you reside? That’s mad high unless you got a crazy specialization or upper management.

I could see it for DMV though.
I was technically doing help desk/deskside support but been branching over to the sys admin side. I just got a lead help desk position so we'll see how I like the supervisor route.

I live in DC so yeah salaries are def increased.

I applied for a job at Microsoft in DC. Withdrew my application as I wanted to be closer to my daughter.

I would’ve been set with that position. Probably try to get a place in Bowie or NoVA.

That’s dope a Sysadmin can get paid that much out there.

TS/SCI typically requires in person attendance, correct? …

…or is that TS/SCI Poly (typically SCIFs), correct?

TS/SCI typically requires in person attendance, correct? …

…or is that TS/SCI Poly (typically SCIFs), correct?
No.

Usually TS (SCI or other caveats, programs) is present in a SCIF. Secret is more loosey goosey eg open container, SCIF or other physical security considerations.

Poly just means you have taken a polygraph test and might be a requirement of where you’re working. I had to get one on active duty military working in the NSA.

Back
Top Bottom