Information Technology (IT)

I love being remote but miss being able to shoulder surf or have someone show me something new. Feel like I’m losing a little learning ability.

I’m hybrid. Best of both worlds. I also work in a few different locations. Sometimes my commute is 10 minutes, at most it’s 30.

I dont know if I could do full remote work. I have two kids and although they leave me alone when I do WFH, when i take my “break” it aint even a break :lol: :smh:

My job has had a Linux sys admin position open for the longest of times . I know Linux is a bit more of a challenge but I’m curious as to what’s up.

Do people not like working with Linux that much?

If you don't live and breathe it and don't administer services, it could be challenging.

But it all depends on what the job req is for your job.

had to deal with it a lot when reimaging laptops for airmen. It's unpleasant to say the least Windows sucks but at least the interface is graphical.

I need to get started on this CISSP studying. I've already used like 120 training hours from my job and I mostly just go to the gym or leave early. I bought some books but meh, I know they're going to want some sort of progress, have you scheduled the exam, by like next month though

I love being remote but miss being able to shoulder surf or have someone show me something new. Feel like I’m losing a little learning ability.
YouTube is a good mentor. Checkout plural sight and/or cybrary

My job has had a Linux sys admin position open for the longest of times . I know Linux is a bit more of a challenge but I’m curious as to what’s up.

I've been looking into digging back into Linux. Shows you're versatile.

Linux is nice and definetly a good job security, plus a good hobby to boot if your into that. lots of linux desktop flavor out there and if you want to you can host your own web server. Fun thing to learn.

anybody got a good international website builder? like someone from india/asia who is good at building a simple site to intake customer contact forms?
my last person wasn't good

our IT director spoke to my team few months back and he wants our Cisco VTC systems to be amazing and top notch because the company is making people come back in office.

I work for a fortune 500 company so its def gonna trickle down.

Last edited:

tay1 tay1 Location of said position? :nerd: remote available?
I have my RHCSA cert and as of this week and been applying for Linux Sys Admin roles. Currently teaching myself ansible and eventually going to take the RHCE

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom