Information Technology (IT)

Soo I dont wanna go back to school, and probably cant right now. Any way I can learn something IT related and get a nice job? I'm willing to put the work in. 

Also anyone here try Udacity or Udemy and get a job through there? Udacity has a few nanodegree programs where they guarantee jobs. I know nothing technical lol

Thanks

Yeah early 2000's for me was for a few private crappy companies who focused on being the out sourced company handling the call centers for companies like Gateway PC, Compaq PC, Micron PC, Telocity & Hughesnet DSL service.

Government wise. Yeah they do outsource as well. Back in 2002 The biggest contract the Navy & Marines outsourced and gave EDS which is now a division of HP was the NMCI contract which has a well known history for being HATED by literally everyone involved on it. :lol: .

As for working on government contracts or for the DoD. I've done it before. The pay is great but at the same time I honestly don't think it's worth putting up with the CRAP of GS civilian workers :lol:

Seriously here is what's wrong with the GS Civilian workers: It's one BIG "Good Ole Boys" fraternity. Where a lot of these people are retired or just got out of the military people who are looking to do another 20 years in their job just so they can double dip and collect a second retirement pension paycheck. Most of the time their work attitudes are bad where they are lazy, they b*tch & moan how they aren't making the same amount as a government contractor. Once a GS Civilian person is past they're probation period it is literally impossible for them to get fired.

This is so true. I was just talking to a coworker today about a contractor. She's getting six figures (in the DMV). But gawd, she about worthelsss. Hardly does any work.

Retired E6 from the Navy.

Last edited:
Soo I dont wanna go back to school, and probably cant right now. Any way I can learn something IT related and get a nice job? I'm willing to put the work in. 

Also anyone here try Udacity or Udemy and get a job through there? Udacity has a few nanodegree programs where they guarantee jobs. I know nothing technical lol

Thanks

Start with Code Cademy and Free Code Camp first to see if it's something you want to do.

I passed my Security+ exam yesterday !! Felt good finally getting that under my belt. Has anyone heard of "FinTech"?
I'm starting my bachelors today in information security and there's a certificate in Fintech I'm thinking of adding on to my plate ( financial technology was the old word apparently).. but yea, it seems dope with the cryptocurrencies starting to make an impact in the economy.

I passed my Security+ exam yesterday !! Felt good finally getting that under my belt. Has anyone heard of "FinTech"?
I'm starting my bachelors today in information security and there's a certificate in Fintech I'm thinking of adding on to my plate ( financial technology was the old word apparently).. but yea, it seems dope with the cryptocurrencies starting to make an impact in the economy.
Congrats man. :pimp:
What'd you use to study/any tips? Currently reading get certified get ahead book.

Last edited:
Congrats man. :pimp:
What'd you use to study/any tips? Currently reading get certified get ahead book.

Thanks man.
Yep I used Darril Gibsons get certified get ahead book and I bought the CompTia bundle ($397) that came with a retake voucher and CertMaster.
When I used CertMaster I would jot down the answers I got wrong and then use the book to refresh myself. Then I did every practice in the book but I really just read the question then the answer and re-read the question with the answer to make myself remember better.

Just got bumped up to a Technical Systems Analyst at my job, which I'm pretty damn hyped about. Trying to mingle my way to our server team in the next couple years.

Last edited:
So i have a question that has probably been answered several times. I have two friends that want to enter the tech field and I tried to advise them but I have a degree in computer engineering so my experience is a little bit different. They did not go to school for IT. They are interested in Networks or anything that they can progress and earn a living. Do you guys have any advice that I can give them as to what to study and what positions they probably would want to start off with.? Thanks in advance for any help. To give you an idea they are studying for the A+.

So its been two weeks so far at my internship at IHG. Im working in the IT project management team. Any other PMs in here? How do you like the job? Pros? Cons?

What's some good study material for A+ if you have no experience? Was told professor messor is legit so I'll be using that. I saw the certmaster but is it worth it? Don't want to go the brain dump route as I'm trying to break into the field & actually learn some skills.

Some of the content on plural site is old. The subscription is also very expensive, but they have a lot of content.

Back
Top Bottom