Information Technology (IT)

dude like all of them lol. Put your resume on Indeed. Ziprecruiter has been pretty good for me too matching me to opportunities.

I've been using zip-recruiter. They will match and let their "algorithms" do the magic. However ever since i've used it. I've only gotten one company to call me back and actually do a in-person interview.

idk, i think zip-recruiter is bunch of baloney for comapnies to pay them to list their jobs on their database. idk. Not salty whatsover but skeptical cause i've been getting spam mail due to zip-recruiter, and i don't hit that 1-click apply crap. I actually go through the job description to make sure align with what the companies is asking/looking for.

I like that Zip recruiter at least posts possible wages and even allows companies to post it themselves. I normally find a company on their and try to apply with them directly on their website

I like that Zip recruiter at least posts possible wages and even allows companies to post it themselves. I normally find a company on their and try to apply with them directly on their website
facts, i agree. I usually do the same thing
good luck though.

What's is the IT job market in Atlanta?
I would really like to move down but wife vetoes every time I mention. The only way I am moving to Atl is if I get a job at a big company Coke, TNT, etc. You have got to back up the brinks truck because wife is not going to want to work if we move down there.

Guess I should of been more specific, I was asking if anybody had any personal recommendations or heard about opportunities that may get overlooked on common sites like monster. I'm on zip recruiter religiously but haven't heard from anyone yet. I'm just tired consulting firms and their ****ty *** contracts, you either get a crap job or they get you one opportunity and give up on you. I actually enjoy my current role but, I'm underpaid and the location is horrible, I can do one but not both.

Try searching on DICE. thats how I got my first job out of college and im still working here. (1 yr ani this feb)

I think my next move is getting my Project Manager cert, or getting into recruiting. I also got some free training on RMF, but I'll be glad to be out of HelpDesk when I start my new job in a few weeks. Just going to be doing migration to Windows 10 S.H.B basically and testing. Office mates seem like the dullest collection of personalities in history though so that will be a major adjustment

Guess I should of been more specific, I was asking if anybody had any personal recommendations or heard about opportunities that may get overlooked on common sites like monster. I'm on zip recruiter religiously but haven't heard from anyone yet. I'm just tired consulting firms and their ****ty *** contracts, you either get a crap job or they get you one opportunity and give up on you. I actually enjoy my current role but, I'm underpaid and the location is horrible, I can do one but not both.

My resume is on LinkedIN. I tend to just add all my skills there and i get about 2-3 recruiting calls a month. I finally did take a bite and here we are. If you dont mind me asking what is your current role? skills? certs? and location?

Mans coming out with that bag via LinkedIn.

I will admit I pay for premium, but recruiters reached out regularly. Unfortunately im being overpaid in my position so every position I got offered was pretty much a lateral move in terms of finances but a promotion in terms of role.

I'll take the $$$ seeing as how im in Networking but want to make that switch to Software Dev. No passion for Networking in the slightest.

Is Premium worth it?

At the moment, since I’m in the NCR and have TS/SCI (plus credentials), I get pinged a couple times a week. But that’s with the regular membership.

Also, do what makes you happy. Money isn’t everything? Depends on the person lol.

Man for me my approach with Linkedin is that I just list my past and current job titles.

I don't like going into detail or post paragraphs on what my role an responsibilities were or are now. Seriously if a company or employer is interested in you they will reach out and get in contact with you through email or direct messages on Linkedin and ask to see and email them your resume.

Another think that annoys me on Linkedin is when random recruiters try to add you as a connection. I ignore and delete their requests. They are just fishing. All of the recruiters work off commission and are looking to meet certain stats and numbers for their own jobs.

With that being said I still get hits and direct messages from recruiters and managers asking if I'm interested in jobs.

Also I never have and won't pay for the premium service.

Last edited:
Another think that annoys me on Linkedin is when random recruiters try to add you as a connection. I ignore and delete their requests. They are just fishing. All of the recruiters work off commission and are looking to meet certain stats and numbers for their own jobs.

Also why im wary on working with random recruiters.

I think my next move is getting my Project Manager cert, or getting into recruiting. I also got some free training on RMF, but I'll be glad to be out of HelpDesk when I start my new job in a few weeks. Just going to be doing migration to Windows 10 S.H.B basically and testing. Office mates seem like the dullest collection of personalities in history though so that will be a major adjustment

PMP cert is dope but get your CSM or CSPO while you at it. A lot of companies are using the agile method. The demand for SCRUM is at an all time high.

SCRUM does nothing but provides updates daily :lol: And they get paid huge!

I would really like to move down but wife vetoes every time I mention. The only way I am moving to Atl is if I get a job at a big company Coke, TNT, etc. You have got to back up the brinks truck because wife is not going to want to work if we move down there.

Hahaha my mate is a manager/director for Coke.

With the CSM/CSPO cert.

Great company.

Glad they got rid of the glass ceiling issue there. It was a lot of racial discrimination going on there. Got hit with so many discrimination suits by AA’s.

PMP cert is dope but get your CSM or CSPO while you at it. A lot of companies are using the agile method. The demand for SCRUM is at an all time high.

SCRUM does nothing but provides updates daily :lol: And they get paid huge!
Heard about it before and see it on job boards some. You think I should get a book/take a course and learn it learn it, or do like with the Windows 7 and Sec + certs and find a study guide with answers and memorize it to get the cert then on the job learn it.

Where's @sladewilson right now? He probably getting that Arab money doing I.T on spaceships with no experience

Heard about it before and see it on job boards some. You think I should get a book/take a course and learn it learn it, or do like with the Windows 7 and Sec + certs and find a study guide with answers and memorize it to get the cert then on the job learn it.

Where's @sladewilson right now? He probably getting that Arab money doing I.T on spaceships with no experience

You have to take the classes for CSPO and CSM. It’s cheaper and easier than the PMP. Ideally it’s a better and realistic method.

PMP uses 20%-30% of the pmi methodology in a realistic I.T. world.

You can use your CSM/CSPO cert in any industry or/and field in I.T.

P.M. work in the Project Management department.

Last edited:
IT market is huge in atlanta! Alpharetta is becoming the Silicon Valley for Atlanta.

I suggest getting a solid recruiter...

Indeed, Dice, Linkend, Glassdoor, Matrix

Ok good to hear. I'm trying to move down there in May/June and will be trying to a job in the Networking field.

Man for me my approach with Linkedin is that I just list my past and current job titles.

I don't like going into detail or post paragraphs on what my role an responsibilities were or are now. Seriously if a company or employer is interested in you they will reach out and get in contact with you through email or direct messages on Linkedin and ask to see and email them your resume.

With that being said I still get hits and direct messages from recruiters and managers asking if I'm interested in jobs.

Also I never have and won't pay for the premium service.

linkden is social playgroud just like facebook but alot more tammed it also gives people false hope and a fake reality of what they do at their job, and place to show off your work title. waste of time, deleted that crap when i left my td ameritrade middleware support engineer internship back in 2016. i still get linkden request after i deleted it the account, just have't figure out how to permanently get rid off it.

good luck using it a tool for job search or putting your skills and business related skills out there, it can help.

when i worked with someone back in 2014 he kept begging me for references and inflating his experiences like he knew rocket science or something.

Last edited:
LinkedIn huh I am on it but I never do any job hunting. I am pretty established in my career and have some great former companies, I just use Monster. Updated my info on Monday probably had close to 20 calls this week alone. The key is finding the right salary and benefits, currently have 5 weeks vacation. Thank God but I have been fortunate in my career that I cut straight to the chase, where is the position and what is the salary. Forget all that tell me about your current role crap or what do you want to do in your next position. We can discuss that after the particulars are worked out.

LinkedIn huh I am on it but I never do any job hunting. I am pretty established in my career and have some great former companies, I just use Monster. Updated my info on Monday probably had close to 20 calls this week alone. The key is finding the right salary and benefits, currently have 5 weeks vacation. Thank God but I have been fortunate in my career that I cut straight to the chase, where is the position and what is the salary. Forget all that tell me about your current role crap or what do you want to do in your next position. We can discuss that after the particulars are worked out.

Honestly i linkdin is over glorified resume builder networking for the internet age. its just my opinion, but it does give small business and non-profit exposure to the outside world, as a individual its load on nonsense. Unless your industry big wig, which im not and don't look to be one.

I felt like the person who told me to create one wasted my time.

My resume is on LinkedIN. I tend to just add all my skills there and i get about 2-3 recruiting calls a month. I finally did take a bite and here we are. If you dont mind me asking what is your current role? skills? certs? and location?
My current role is a network administrator and help desk analyst and I work in the Baltimore area. I'm sort of an jack of all trades with a strong understanding of Microsoft's catalog (AD, Exchange, etc.) and its various tools. I'm proficient with IOS as well along with android cell phones. I work in Baltimore for a clinic with over 10 physical locations that I'm responsible for. I'm currently working on getting certifications but I have over 7 years of experience and a ton of college coursework completed. I want to graduate at some point but circumstances changed and I had to drop out. Shout out to whoever suggested D.I.C.E

Back
Top Bottom