Inside Info on 2013 releases

Missed out on Grapes last time. Gon look into these this time. Both of my FRs still look good so I aint trippin bout those

8's are releasing again? i'll just get the playoffs and hopefully the paints good

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Originally Posted by super23freak

Then Jordan wore the White/Infrareds until the playoffs, correct?
Then the Black/Infrareds through the Finals.

Then Carmines to start the 1991-92 season, until that All-Star game?

Correct. From the Aj 3 to Aj 8, MJ always switched the modelfrom each Allstar weekend. He usually sportedThe black version of air jordan. So Mj also wore the Aj7 Cardinals in the firstHalf of the nba season 1992/93 then wore theAj8 aquas in the ASG 1993 where he scored 30pts.Then for the remaining season he wore theAj8 white/black-true reds, then the playoffs.Since his first comback Mj always wore one model Through the whole nba season. Also, from AJ11To Aj 15 the first colorway were released at the endOf a year while before and after the jordans wereReleased around february.In Mjs last nba season as a wizard he worethe Aj17+ in the first months if the nba season2002/2003 and switched before the ASG 2003To the Aj18 white/sport royals.Sadly he did not wear the black/sport royalsAlthough he wore them during photoshoot During the ASG weekend.

That's only partially true. He wore the white/black and white/red of the 12 and 13 on and off throughout the regular season, always introducing the white/red after.

Lets see if I can remember correctly.  For the XII and XIII, white/black was home, and white/red was away.  Pretty sure he wore the AJ XVIII from more or less the beginning of the season during his last year with the Wiz.  He also wore the Cool Grey IX, Team FBI, and I do believe the White/Red XVIII for a few games with the Bullets throwback jersey.  Before his first year with the Wiz, he wore the Ginger XVI during the preseason.  During that year, he wore the College Blue XVII, a PE low top of the same colorway, the low top Carolina XVII, and the Cool Grey XI.  I am sure I missed a pair or two.

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Correct. From the Aj 3 to Aj 8, MJ always switched the modelfrom each Allstar weekend. He usually sportedThe black version of air jordan. So Mj also wore the Aj7 Cardinals in the firstHalf of the nba season 1992/93 then wore theAj8 aquas in the ASG 1993 where he scored 30pts.Then for the remaining season he wore theAj8 white/black-true reds, then the playoffs.Since his first comback Mj always wore one model Through the whole nba season. Also, from AJ11To Aj 15 the first colorway were released at the endOf a year while before and after the jordans wereReleased around february.In Mjs last nba season as a wizard he worethe Aj17+ in the first months if the nba season2002/2003 and switched before the ASG 2003To the Aj18 white/sport royals.Sadly he did not wear the black/sport royalsAlthough he wore them during photoshoot During the ASG weekend.

That's only partially true. He wore the white/black and white/red of the 12 and 13 on and off throughout the regular season, always introducing the white/red after.

Lets see if I can remember correctly.  For the XII and XIII, white/black was home, and white/red was away.  Pretty sure he wore the AJ XVIII from more or less the beginning of the season during his last year with the Wiz.  He also wore the Cool Grey IX, Team FBI, and I do believe the White/Red XVIII for a few games with the Bullets throwback jersey.  Before his first year with the Wiz, he wore the Ginger XVI during the preseason.  During that year, he wore the College Blue XVII, a PE low top of the same colorway, the low top Carolina XVII, and the Cool Grey XI.  I am sure I missed a pair or two.

MJ also wore the AJ3 retro trueblues, though it wasReported that his pairs had copper instead of red.He wore them several times. Mj also wore theAJ7 Frenchblues for at least one game againstthe Nets.

this is beyond redundant now.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ROBPZEE612

^The material on the '11 metallic 5s were terrible.
sick.gif
sick.gif

you mean the dust magnet suede? I think they should have used at least nubuck instead of suede,
as today's nubuck can look quite similar like durabuck (Flu games from 2009 for instance).

Originally Posted by Sneakerfan1

Watch them drop the Aquas with that good ole Ashy Larry suede. Thank god my pair is still in great condition.

If they surprise me and durabuck them then I may grab a 2nd pair.

I'm glad they're releasing, because the resell price for the quality of the retro pair is ridiculous

I just scooped a pair of VNDS 2006 LS Grapes and I highly DOUBT that the 2013 Grapes willl even come close. They'll probably slap on White Cement IV leather and make these a GR.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by Sneakerfan1

Watch them drop the Aquas with that good ole Ashy Larry suede. Thank god my pair is still in great condition.

If they surprise me and durabuck them then I may grab a 2nd pair.

I'm glad they're releasing, because the resell price for the quality of the retro pair is ridiculous

Yeah, the midsole paint job wasn't the best.  Thankfully mines have held up well.  I used to wear them once every two weeks a few years back.  I've gotta break them out again soon.

I'm hoping that dropping the Grapes again will have the same affect on the 2006 Grapes.  The leather on that run of V's creased quicker than almost any other pair of J's I own, but like the post above me mentioned, it probably won't be that plastic leather.

Wish I knew more about sneaker sheilds when I unDSed my black tongue Fire Red's.

Whatup wit the black and Chrome 8s re-releasing I heard those were suppose to drop next year did anybody else hear this rumor

I remember back then lining up on a Friday morning was pretty absurd...now people are planning to line up weeks to a month!?!?!

Damn this shoe game def went wrong.

^

for me I couldn't get grapes because they didn't release in GS
30t6p3b.gif
I was HEART broken.

Also, in 2006 alotta people weren't financially able to buy themselves the shoes they wanted. I mean, think about it; yea we are grown now and grown then but you can't forget the people that were not. THAT'S why they keep re-releasing the same stuff.

I'm happy the grapes are rereleasing because I wasn't able to get them when they originally came out. I hope they are a GR too, which nowadays EVERY retro releases in GS
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
GRAPES HERE I COME!!!

Easy pass on the laneys.... only reason i'd cop those is because I was still believing the fabled pack from last summer

Originally Posted by GatorBeltsNPattieMelts

^

for me I couldn't get grapes because they didn't release in GS
30t6p3b.gif
I was HEART broken.

Also, in 2006 alotta people weren't financially able to buy themselves the shoes they wanted. I mean, think about it; yea we are grown now and grown then but you can't forget the people that were not. THAT'S why they keep re-releasing the same stuff.

I'm happy the grapes are rereleasing because I wasn't able to get them when they originally came out. I hope they are a GR too, which nowadays EVERY retro releases in GS
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
GRAPES HERE I COME!!!

Easy pass on the laneys.... only reason i'd cop those is because I was still believing the fabled pack from last summer

The Laney's are dope bro.
There's a lot of significance to them.

I'm gonna try and cop both.

Back
Top Bottom