Instead of 24s,25s,26s,they will be numbered by the year??????

I don't know if I am late on this subject or not,but I read the latest kicks magazine and they said no more numbered js.They said there will be a top ofthe line Jordan every year and it will just be called the 09 jordan,2010 Jordan,2011 Jordan ect.... This was my first time hearing this.I really thought the 23was the last.I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.I liked the 23s and wish it would have ended there.

Yeah that's what they say. JB might drop the main Jordan by the year next year, and if it don't sell good i bet they comeback like he did outtaretire with the 24's and so on and so on. Well just have to wait and see.

YES you are very very late....The XX3 is the last numbered Jordan...........And what are you talking about??
indifferent.gif

Lets hope they leave the numbered J's alone.
I hope this is true.
I heard it is true.
But you never know with JB.

JB iz Less than Predictable so Im Excited about 2009 but lets finish this year strong...

Its supposed to end at 23
indifferent.gif

Although there is a 2009 coming out but not sure if those will be the new sig shoes

Originally Posted by jacobmontana

I hope this is true.
I heard it is true.
too late for that! can u say fusions.

Yeah,i heard the 23 was the last numbered a long time ago.But it was my first time hearing that there will be a top of the line Jordan every year namedwhatever year it is.And how reliable is the kicks magazine?

Originally Posted by mrflightclub23

YES you are very very late....The XX3 is the last numbered Jordan...........And what are you talking about??
indifferent.gif

I think hes talking about the 2k9s
eyes.gif

Ever since I heard this a few month's back I've been concerned that since JB has decided to drop the number and go 2K9, 2K10, 2K11, etc. that the shoewill lose it's luster. The XX3 was the best new sig. line Jordan in years (IMO the best since the XII or XIII), and now no number I get the feeling thatthe shoe will take on a "team shoe" feel as opposed to the top of the line (or new sig. line) Jordan. Just have to wait and see, but I'm notexpecting much from JB.

indifferent.gif

good old signature NT humor I speak so much off
laugh.gif

I like the shoes in your avy, I bought them from an outlet on the west cost phone order for 50 bones. Holla at me on the pm.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by jordanpheen

indifferent.gif

eyes.gif
I know....But this is what i don't understand...read what he said "They said there will be a top ofthe line Jordan every year and it will just be called the 09 jordan,2010 Jordan,2011 Jordan ect.... This was my first time hearing this.I really thought the 23was the last.I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.I liked the 23s and wish it would have ended there".......He said that he knewthat that they will start doing Jordan 2k9's then he goes on to say he wishes that they would have ended withthe XX3 as if he thought that they are going to keep doing numbered Jordans

Originally Posted by jacobmontana

I hope this is true.
I heard it is true.

true. JB is confusing these days
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by jordanpheen

indifferent.gif

eyes.gif
I know....But this is what i don't understand...read what he said "They said there will be a top of the line Jordan every year and it will just be called the 09 jordan,2010 Jordan,2011 Jordan ect.... This was my first time hearing this.I really thought the 23 was the last.I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.I liked the 23s and wish it would have ended there".......He said that he knew that that they will start doing Jordan 2k9's then he goes on to say he wishes that they would have ended with the XX3 as if he thought that they are going to keep doing numbered Jordans

All I AM SAYING IS THERE IS GOING TO BE A 24,THERE JUST GOING TO CALL IT THE 2009 JORDAN.THE 25,THERE GOING TO CALL THE 2010 JORDAN AND SO ON.THEY ARE JUSTNAMING THEM DIFFRENTLY IS ALL IM SAYING.THATS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO ME ANYWAY.I READ THIS INFO FROM THE LATEST KICKS MAGAZINE.

It's hard to have even a shred of sympathy for anyone who actually believes the misinformation that comes out of JB.

My personal favorite was last year when some people believed the "Titanium" section of the XX2 was actual Titanium.

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

If they come out with those number Jordans, the concept better be dope.

But I doubt it.
Thats what I was thinking.But the way JB is heading you never know.I say a 10% chance of being dope.

Associating Jordans by year is nothing new.

You young bucks forget that before they/we started referring to Jordans by numbers, they had no number... they were just the new Jordans.

In fact, back in the day, before retros were even dreamed of, when a new Jordan would come out we would just call them the "new Jordans" and we wouldrefer to the previous years' Jordans by the year. For example, my friends and I used to refer to the III's as the 88's, and the IV's as the89's, etc. Those were the numbers we used. I'm not sure if everyone did that, but that's how we used to do it back then. There were no numbers onthe box label, it just said "Nike Air Jordan". Maybe some of you fellow older Jordan heads can relate.

Anyway, it's kind of a throw-back to see them using the year in the "name" of the model. It's refreshing... like a new start. I don'tmind it at all.

Originally Posted by 23collector1985

Associating Jordans by year is nothing new.

You young bucks forget that before they/we started referring to Jordans by numbers, they had no number... they were just the new Jordans.

In fact, back in the day, before retros were even dreamed of, when a new Jordan would come out we would just call them the "new Jordans" and we would refer to the previous years' Jordans by the year. For example, my friends and I used to refer to the III's as the 88's, and the IV's as the 89's, etc. Those were the numbers we used. I'm not sure if everyone did that, but that's how we used to do it back then. There were no numbers on the box label, it just said "Nike Air Jordan". Maybe some of you fellow older Jordan heads can relate.

Anyway, it's kind of a throw-back to see them using the year in the "name" of the model. It's refreshing... like a new start. I don't mind it at all.

I remember those days.I was born 1976 and my first pair of jordans were the 1988 IIIs and been luvin em every since.And yes it does seem like it would be alittle refreshing if JB could get there head out there a** and do the right thing!!!!!

As of now,

There is no more Air Jordan 1 - 23

The "Number" system is over.

The New J's scheduled for Feb 2009 is just that. " The 2009 "

There will also be a "lower end" version released.

I don't believe this will change,for "as of now" even Michael Jordan himself does not want to go past the significance of the 23

Back
Top Bottom