iOS 5 Update

My issue with wifi sync!.... I see the option on iTunes, I click it and make sure it's applied...... So I'm unplugg it (wifi sync)... Nothing happens... "sync now" is not even highlighted!...
30t6p3b.gif

Anyone else get a message about SMS being full and you need to delete some to receive new texts before you can get your new ones? I can send them out and if I turn off my phone and back on then it gives me the new ones but once i send another one out i get the same SMS full pop up.

How do you sync via wifi?

I have it turned on in iTunes and on my Phone. I am also running the latest version of iTunes.

I went to the area in my phone, and the button is greyed out. I then connect my phone to my Mac, and it allows me to click the button, but once I unplug it, I can no longer click the button.

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

I have it turned on in iTunes and on my Phone. I am also running the latest version of iTunes.

I went to the area in my phone, and the button is greyed out. I then connect my phone to my Mac, and it allows me to click the button, but once I unplug it, I can no longer click the button.
Has to be plugged in to a power source.

Dumb question. In order for me to use notifications, do I have to have it on time? I am sending e-mails to myself and when I swipe to notifications, I am not getting it.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Dumb question. In order for me to use notifications, do I have to have it on time? I am sending e-mails to myself and when I swipe to notifications, I am not getting it.

What are your settings under mail for getting new emails. Do you have push or fetch on? Depending on your settings if you have it on push it should be sent to your phone once you hit send from your computer. If fetch is on lets say 15 minutes it'll check for new emails every 15 minutes, if you have one then you'll get a notification.

how come mine says "the phone could not be synced because the sync session failed to finish".

What the !#$% does that mean?!?!
and does anybody else have 'other' taking up 4.9GB of storage ???

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

What are your settings under mail for getting new emails. Do you have push or fetch on? Depending on your settings if you have it on push it should be sent to your phone once you hit send from your computer. If fetch is on lets say 15 minutes it'll check for new emails every 15 minutes, if you have one then you'll get a notification.

I have it on push. I wonder if it is cause I use g-mail. I remember using yahoo and I would get e-mails right away. For some reason, I can only get e-mails from g-mail if I go into my account.

I have it on push. I wonder if it is cause I use g-mail. I remember using yahoo and I would get e-mails right away. For some reason, I can only get e-mails from g-mail if I go into my account.
Yeah i think it depends on who your using for email. Some don't allow push which is kind of dumb.

Loving all these iPad features

Tabbed browsing is awesome, should have been this way from the start
New music app is a nice update to iPod as well
Way more free subscriptions than I thought there'd be
Need to figure out how to get messages going though

What do you guys mean by back up your phone? Cause im hearing a lot of people are getting stuff deleted after they update.

Originally Posted by shoemasta72

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

Has to be plugged in to a power source.
I have synced mine 2x without it being plugged in to anything, just went into it on the phone and clicked the sync now button

gmail works better if you do use it through "exchange". If you do that it will push the emails like yahoo or any other email provider...

Wifi Sync is too dope. I just wish I could sync with just the iPad alone. Maybe in future versions.

To those having problems with Wifi Sync, you must sync via USB after you've applied Wifi Sync or it will never work. Then, you can go cordless. You have to do this for both music and apps seperately.

Also, you can wireless sync without the device plugged into a power source so long as it's 50% or more battery life left.

Edit: Sweet Jesus, Safari is blazing fast.

Back
Top Bottom