iPad Mini Thread vol. Every Inch an iPad

I sorta want a tablet cuz im tired of using a planner to organize stuff and my mbp for class.
Ill see what the price is like, real specs and its actual size.

I'm good with the iPad, use it for traveling and when I'm lazy to get my Macbook out at home. The iPhone is good enough on the go.

I chucked the desktop already, no need.

I think I am finally understanding the apple haters more. Apple literally is taking a already successful product and changing one thing, re-introduce it as "NEW" and the fiends come out and go crazy. Sad thing is that it will sell out without hours. Its just a smaller iPad :rolleyes

You dont get it though. Some people, including myself, don't like the size of the iPad. I would prefer something slightly smaller that i can hold in one hand.

As far as Apple screwing people over with small storage size, I don't think the people buying this are the type to need a ton of storage. Most people will use this strictly as an internet/facebook browser. If you were planning on using it as a movie viewer/ media player you'd just buy a regular iPad.

I own a dumb phone,desktop PC, and an iPod, so I'm far from an apple sheep. If the price is right, this is the perfect product for me.

Last edited:
This is a great supply chain move by Apple, take the recycled parts of the older iPads and put them into a cheaper package. I'll stick with my Nexus 7 though, can't stand iOS.

ehhh...i think im good with my ipad...things either get smaller or bigger...how about better...sheesh apple

I think I am finally understanding the apple haters more. Apple literally is taking a already successful product and changing one thing, re-introduce it as "NEW" and the fiends come out and go crazy. Sad thing is that it will sell out without hours. Its just a smaller iPad :rolleyes

Are you mad that it sells out within hours? Or that people want the same product in a different size? At what part is it Apples fault?

Is it Samsungs fault for releasing tv's in 37, 40, 42, 46, 52, 55, 60in configurations? Should they only offer one size? Do you hate when people buy the same tv as yours, but different size? 'Oh man, so its the same as mine, but smaller? Why would Samsung do that? :rolleyes"

I suppose its Apples fault for doing a big marketing push that no other company does because they want to sell their new product.

There may be a small percentage of 'fiends' that have to have every Apple product just to say they have it. A bigger majority of those owners buy it because they've been waiting for a product in this size.

Are you mad that it sells out within hours? Or that people want the same product in a different size? At what part is it Apples fault?
Is it Samsungs fault for releasing tv's in 37, 40, 42, 46, 52, 55, 60in configurations? Should they only offer one size? Do you hate when people buy the same tv as yours, but different size? 'Oh man, so its the same as mine, but smaller? Why would Samsung do that? :rolleyes"
I suppose its Apples fault for doing a big marketing push that no other company does because they want to sell their new product.
There may be a small percentage of 'fiends' that have to have every Apple product just to say they have it. A bigger majority of those owners buy it because they've been waiting for a product in this size.
woa woa woa jabroni, no need to get take in so much air and get excited. I am merely stating that there probably will be no changes in the processing or software but by condensing the size by merely inches, people act as if apple is revolutionizing the ipad. Its just like the phones. Other companies have been producing phone with bigger screens but because apple increases the size by an inch and make software that any iphone 4 or older use can download standard, people lose their minds.

I am a avid apple consumer but see no justification for a scaled down ipad when we have iphones, ipod touch and the already leading tablet in the ipad.

Last edited:
woa woa woa jabroni, no need to get take in so much are and get excited. I am merely stating that there probably will be no changes in the processing or software but by condensing the size by merely inches, people act as if apple is revolutionizing the ipad. Its just like the phones. Other companies have been producing phone with bigger screens but because apple increases the size by an inch and make software that any iphone 4 or older use can download standard, people lose their minds.

I am a avid apple consumer but see no justification for a scaled down ipad when we have iphones, ipod touch and the already leading tablet in the ipad.

Who is saying that? A lot of people, like myself, don't want a tablet the size of the current iPad...which is why I've held off and was considering buying a samsung tablet (who also make a large one and a miniature one) all the while making the Galaxy GSIII which is even bigger than the iphone yet NOBODY says oh why is samsung making a galaxy note and a galaxy tab 10.1 and a GS3. People just love to knock Apple but when other companies literally do the same thing its no big deal :lol:

Now the iPhone 5 hype people did go a bit overboard, but why be mad that people want a phone? Apple has a tremendous business model that is incomparable and dominate the market....and making the iPad mini is another smart decision because if the price is comparable to the Nexus 7 and all the other tablets, best believe this will take a huge chunk out of the mini-tablet market.

amazon, google and samsung push those smaller tablets b/c they know there is a market of people who don't want the huge size one, when Apple comes to the party it'll bite into these companies' market share.

You apple haters are getting just as bad as the blind apple stans. You keep making general statements and assumptions. No one is saying the smaller ipad is being revolutionary. They're saying it'll just be smaller and convenient which it obviously is going to be. Use some logic. There is reason to make the product because people want it and there's a market for it. You sound mad at them for no reason.

How much is this thing gonna cost tho?

nerd.gif

I'll just save my money this time and wait on the mini iPhone

Last edited:
woa woa woa jabroni, no need to get take in so much air and get excited. I am merely stating that there probably will be no changes in the processing or software but by condensing the size by merely inches, people act as if apple is revolutionizing the ipad. Its just like the phones. Other companies have been producing phone with bigger screens but because apple increases the size by an inch and make software that any iphone 4 or older use can download standard, people lose their minds.

first off, if you want anyone to take you seriously, don't resort to talking like The Rock.

no one has said anything about this being revolutionary. its just about giving people additional options. how is that negative?

i believe the perfect tv screen size is 55 inches. some prefer 46. you can't get mad at what people prefer. thats why there are choices.

:rolleyes

I'm a fan of Apple, but are people seriously clamoring for something bigger than a touch, but smaller than an iPad?

I don't own an iPad, but I would get one because of the size of the screen :lol:

first off, if you want anyone to take you seriously, don't resort to talking like The Rock.
no one has said anything about this being revolutionary. its just about giving people additional options. how is that negative?
i believe the perfect tv screen size is 55 inches. some prefer 46. you can't get mad at what people prefer. thats why there are choices.

Again like I said, I am not talking negative about the fact that apple is coming out with a new iPad, the point that i am trying to make is why only scale down an ipad as a solution the demands of diversity? How about change the physical make up, not necessarily the screen size but the actual shape. People constantly complained about the iphone and it seems that all apple did was change the screen and density which would be compensated by heavy *** cases people put on their phones. I would like to believe that their are others who are tired of seeing the same screen format and options when using the phone and ipads. Thats all i'm saying, hell look at the advancement from the first ipod to the touch. That is what I would like to see when apple expects its loyal consumers to continue spilling out hundreds and thousands their products.

Last edited:
Anyone know how big the memory space will be? I need a 64 GB atleast.

Copped. Asap. This is what I've been waiting for...

:smokin I pray this is real I could easily see myself copping this, regular ipad is a little too big to me

Yeah, I feel you on that. I want an iPad thats around the size of a Kindle. Thats the perfect size for a handheld tablet imo.
A 7inch iPad + my MBP + an Apple TV would be a great setup to have, especially at home when I can stream everything from my laptop to the Apple TV and control it with the iPad.

How much is this thing gonna cost tho?

:nerd:

I think it'll be $299; the new Touches are at $299 too, but the old iTouch is selling for $199. I have a feeling they're going to drop the price for the new ones to $199 and sell the Mini starting at $299.

You know how apple is bruh, the smaller the product, the more expensive.
Evidence backing this up?

There is none, because Apples largest products (Retina MBP, 27inch iMac, Mac Pro) are the most expensive things they have.

If anything... The smaller they get, the cheaper they get with Apple..

He's just talking out his ***

Last edited:
This is what I've been waiting for, I love my ipad but taking it to work and such feels extra douce like cause of the size, this is more discrete yet still nice screen, was going to do a Nexus 7 but hear so much stuff abut the terrible build quality, and Android barely has tablet optimized apps.

Back
Top Bottom