iPad Mini Thread vol. Every Inch an iPad

Im still in for what i said first but i guess it wouldn't be if i use it as a planner...

Planning on getting one for my brother, parents and lady friend this Christmas. Might get one for myself too depending on the price. I would use my retina iPad at home and the mini at work.

How much is this thing gonna cost tho?

nerd.gif
I think it'll be $299; the new Touches are at $299 too, but the old iTouch is selling for $199. I have a feeling they're going to drop the price for the new ones to $199 and sell the Mini starting at $299.
That'd be perfect.

Naaaaaaaah, I'll stick with my iPad. Bigger screen > *. That's what phones and iPod touch are for.

copped, i gave my girl the 3rd gen ipad for getting good grades, even tho i use it all the time its still hers

id love a smaller form factor ipad

android fanboys mad at apple yet the Galaxy S, Note, and Tab are all the same devices in different sizes. ok.

How much is this thing gonna cost tho?

:nerd:

I think it'll be $299; the new Touches are at $299 too, but the old iTouch is selling for $199. I have a feeling they're going to drop the price for the new ones to $199 and sell the Mini starting at $299.

LOL WUT? No way they drop the new joint $100 already. That's crazy talk right there.

If the mini is real, I'm thinking it starts at $349-399. Only way it starts at $299 is if they gimp the features like no camera, no 3G/LTE capability, etc.

And I also think they may do something with the iPad 2... not sure what, but if something doesn't get the axe or discounted they're gonna have some odd price/feature overlap.

LOL WUT? No way they drop the new joint $100 already. That's crazy talk right there.
If the mini is real, I'm thinking it starts at $349-399. Only way it starts at $299 is if they gimp the features like no camera, no 3G/LTE capability, etc.
And I also think they may do something with the iPad 2... not sure what, but if something doesn't get the axe or discounted they're gonna have some odd price/feature overlap.
The iPod Touch at $299 is 32 GB storage, so I think that they could reduce the storage and have it priced lower. iPad 2 can stay at $399, it's still an excellent buy with the new SoC that increases battery life with no drawbacks. There definitely won't be 3G/LTE at $299, as it is on the regular iPad, but I don't know about the camera.

android fanboys mad at apple yet the Galaxy S, Note, and Tab are all the same devices in different sizes. ok.

:lol: I'm saying though! Nobody says anything when Samsung makes a GS3 phone, Galaxy Tab, and Galaxy note but god forbid apple get in on the small tablet market where these other companies are making bank from people wanting a 7 inch tablet smh

^^ But why even introduce the Touch at 32 GB in the first place?  It makes zero sense to introduce it at that price point, only to reduce the base storage capacity a month or so later.  

I still think something will get the axe or discounted, and I can't see it being a new product.  

Any cases for it?
How much for the 16GB?

White or black?

Does it even exist?

You guys get too far ahead of yourselves sometimes. :rolleyes

What happened to the days when companies would work on drastic changes between each generation and the time between would be about 2-3 years, the way video game consoles work.  That way people won't feel dumb about buying the iPhone 5 or GS3, when just next year the iPhone 5s or GS4 or some **** is gonna come out.  Look how long the Xbox360 and the PS3 have been out, yet they still move consoles because there's some security in your purchase.

That said, I'm waiting on Apple to announce the iMat 
nthat.gif

What happened to the days when companies would work on drastic changes between each generation and the time between would be about 2-3 years, the way video game consoles work.  That way people won't feel dumb about buying the iPhone 5 or GS3, when just next year the iPhone 5s or GS4 or some **** is gonna come out.  Look how long the Xbox360 and the PS3 have been out, yet they still move consoles because there's some security in your purchase.

That said, I'm waiting on Apple to announce the iMat :nthat:

That's what I'm saying!

Last edited:

:lol: Man don't even bother with it. They sit and call other sheep and idiots, when they themselves don't see how someone has them by the balls.

Some people confuse their personal preference with law, and think that all of their opinions and interests are written in stone and thus everyone else must follow.

Cause no lie, anything with a damn Galaxy in its title is the same damn device. But they will beg to differ, I bet.

Its all the same ****, different name.

That said, I'm waiting on Apple to announce the iMat :nthat:

We live in the beta age my friend. There are no more real "product testers". The consumer is the Guinea pig in this day and age when it comes to technology.

Last edited:
Never understood how people can harbor genuine hate over a company. They make stylish and great working devices, not terminators lol....
I like the idea of a smaller size. I'm just waiting for a flash drive port of some sort and I'm in.

Never understood how people can harbor genuine hate over a company. They make stylish and great working devices, not terminators lol....
I like the idea of a smaller size. I'm just waiting for a flash drive port of some sort and I'm in.

What you need a flash drive port when there is online storage such as drop box?

What you need a flash drive port when there is online storage such as drop box?

When I use my computer for work and stuff, the Internet isn't always available. Also, when getting files from other people the usual method is via flash drive. For my personal stuff yes I could us online resources, but when dealing with others I can't limit myself to one method

I'm pickin up a brand new iPad 2 from a cat on CL tomorrow for the low. I want and need the 3G service & I doubt that the iPad Mini comes in the 3G variety.

I wonder how many people are gonna order this from their ipads.
laugh.gif

I'm wondering about the developers and the app store having enough apps for the 7.85'' screen on release day.  I mean for the iPhone 5 they gave developers a week from the official announcement (even though there were 4 inch rumors forever) and if they didn't have it ready people would just get the black bars and stay with the 3.5'' app.  So for this are they gonna do the opposite and people just download iPad size apps and somehow they "shrink" the iPad app if they don't have the 7.85'' app ready?

Back
Top Bottom