iPhone 3GS Bye Bye, iPhone HD Coming This Summer Also To Verizon........

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by KingRamey

Originally Posted by J23Diego

iPhone shouldn't go to to Verizon.

this.

What do you mean this? 
laugh.gif
  Why shouldnt the iPhone go to Verizon?  So iPhones can continue being exclusive to the worst cell provider?  So AT&T wont go out of business?  Id love to know why iPhones SHOULDNT go to Verizon.
Enlighten me you two.

verizon is not on a gsm network. therefore no more unlocked iphones for sim card users.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

you're really comparing a 500 dollar (unlocked, off contract) nokia to a 99 dollar (locked, on contract iphone)? at least bring up real prices. like 99 dollar sub'd nokias or 500 dollar unsub'd (but still locked to att) iphones.

but yeah, not defending anything. and who in their right mind would release anything around an apple event? you know these blogs (giz/engadget being the biggest) eat up anything and everything apple throws out. it'll just get eaten up by apple coverage (as if it wasn't bad enough).

but you're right, not defending anything.

but, i'll be waiting to see what apple has to offer this year. and see how people will eat it up no matter if it has a whole new OS (which im hoping, because the current one is boring) or one or 2 spec bumps and an extra letter. maybe we'll get an iPhone 3Gs3D?

i love competition tho.

its really enjoyable watching the person who laughs at the iphone fanboys catch feelings. 

my two points were-

how you gonna brag about dominating a phone a year after its released?

people will complain about anything concerning the iphone, just because they dont like it. (in this case it was the price issue)

i never said i was defending anything, YOU said i was defending it, so... yeah.... enjoy yourself almighty anti-fanboy. 

this response in itself was exactly what i didn't want to do for the sheer fact that its driving the thread off course. 

still not fair of you comparing unsub'd versus sub'd phones to prove your point. but, you're right. i got off topic and i apologize. i'm excited to see what apple has to offer. and i hope it's not another let down year. i don't mind it being the same form factor, but the OS UI is becoming rather boring.. and apps could only do so much.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

this.

What do you mean this? 
laugh.gif
  Why shouldnt the iPhone go to Verizon?  So iPhones can continue being exclusive to the worst cell provider?  So AT&T wont go out of business?  Id love to know why iPhones SHOULDNT go to Verizon.
Enlighten me you two.

verizon is not on a gsm network. therefore no more unlocked iphones for sim card users.

but nobody said they should ONLY be on verizon tho. and there are no unlocked iphones without breaking the warranty.

what facts? you haven't even used the evo 4g for you to say the phone doesn't perform well. you can't base it off WM when it's a completely different OS than android (which is more finger friendly) i take back what i said tho. but everything you said has no weight.
1)HD2 and EVO has the same hardware, am I right. So if the HD2 has performance issues that has something to do with the hardware, then what makes you think the EVO wouldn't.
2)You have a point, but if it's a touchscreen problem then the comment I stated above would then again apply.

Originally Posted by gHeTtOnOyPi

Off topic, but any news on a new iPod Touch with a camera/video?
We gotta wait until next fall for the upgrade. But news always comes after the iPhone release so expect to get news in the summer.

I believe the new phone, just not sure about Verizon. Why wouldn't Apple have designed the iPad to work w/Verizon's network also? Either way I don't mind, if more people switch to Verizon to get the VZ iPhone it just takes people off AT&T's server, which we've read has been clogged due to so many Blackberries/iPhones on their 3G network. Still, as someone else stated, the consumer almost always wins in competition...

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

this.

What do you mean this? 
laugh.gif
Enlighten me you two.

Don't most ppl with unlocked iphones use it on t-mobile?  Why would you want to use an expensive phone on a crappy network for?

damn i need this to come out ASAP!!!! i almost got the HD2 but im waitting to see how GOAT this one is .....

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

what facts? you haven't even used the evo 4g for you to say the phone doesn't perform well. you can't base it off WM when it's a completely different OS than android (which is more finger friendly) i take back what i said tho. but everything you said has no weight.
1)HD2 and EVO has the same hardware, am I right. So if the HD2 has performance issues that has something to do with the hardware, then what makes you think the EVO wouldn't.
2)You have a point, but if it's a touchscreen problem then the comment I stated above would then again apply.
1. it would be like runnin osx on the same hardware as vista... osx would run ALOT smoother...
2. i dont think they have the same type of screen...

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

oh! hi. i didn't notice you there.

Spoiler [+]
29mar10oub234tcds.jpg

android is winning
iphone = orange right?

Android = green?

nerd.gif

And I don't see why the OS needs to change. Boring is never a reason to change anything when functionality and performance is optimal.

Videochat would be horrible on these networks we have in the US. Unless all y'all are trying to get your webcam game on the go.
grin.gif

1. it would be like runnin osx on the same hardware as vista... osx would run ALOT smoother...
1. No...it wouldn't since most computers fitted to run Vista aren't gonna be compatible with OSX
2. They do.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Spoiler [+]
29mar10oub234tcds.jpg

android is winning
iphone = orange right?

Android = green?

nerd.gif

And I don't see why the OS needs to change. Boring is never a reason to change anything when functionality and performance is optimal.

Videochat would be horrible on these networks we have in the US. Unless all y'all are trying to get your webcam game on the go.
grin.gif

4g is coming and theres always wifi

and they need to change the OS because no multitasking sucks... i dont think u casual phone users realize how big of a deal that %#$$ is...

I'm bored so I'll bite.

What's the big deal?

What can a 'multitasking' phone do that makes getting an iphone a dealbreaker?

Also adding 'multitasking' to the OS can be done through firmware. no need to change it.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Spoiler [+]
29mar10oub234tcds.jpg

android is winning
iphone = orange right?

Android = green?

nerd.gif

grin.gif

1. No...it wouldn't since most computers fitted to run Vista aren't gonna be compatible with OSX
2. They do.

so how come so many people are running both mac os and windows on their comps?
laugh.gif

and what was the problem with the screen anyway?

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Ok guys I get it. Video chat
laugh.gif
but like I said it will kill the battery

The video chat? Yeah. But I think they're assuming if you're going to be video chatting with someone for more than a few minutes that you'll be in an environment where you can charge your phone. (I.e. office, house, G5, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom