iPhone 3GS Bye Bye, iPhone HD Coming This Summer Also To Verizon........

Originally Posted by bohrdom

when it says "announced" on June 22, is that the actual release date?

actual release date is usually 1-2 months after the announcement.

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

what makes EVO better than this?

Sprint's network is much better than AT&Ts
4G
4.3 inch screen
HDMI out
HighRes screen
Android (open platform, can install apps outside of the market)
SenseUI
expandable storage
not tied down to apple's ecosystem
mult-tasking
720p video recording
8 mega pixel camera
Fast processor
Free GPS Nav with Google
Sprint's plans are cheaper than AT&Ts
You aren't on at&t
you aren't on at&t
you dont have to deal with POS at&t

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

what makes EVO better than this?

Sprint's network is much better than AT&Ts
4G
4.3 inch screen
HDMI out
HighRes screen
Android (open platform, can install apps outside of the market)
SenseUI
expandable storage
not tied down to apple's ecosystem
mult-tasking
720p video recording
8 mega pixel camera
Fast processor
Free GPS Nav with Google
Sprint's plans are cheaper than AT&Ts
You aren't on at&t
you aren't on at&t
you dont have to deal with POS at&t
you love the evo
laugh.gif

so do I
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

Can't wait for Apple to drop yet another sub par phone that will inevitably get dominated by Android, once the hype dies down.
pimp.gif

-The Juice
or can you really not wait for android to wait until the hype for the iphone dies down because they cant compete with apple straight up? 
laugh.gif
 you can't dominate someone a year after their product has released. HTC/android has a nice little habit of staying out of apples way during release days/announcement days/months following.

and to everyone complaining about the price, the iphone is what? starting off at $99? then $199? then $299? those are standard prices for a phone now... you are just looking for things to complain about. because all those android/HTC phones are the same prices, and nokias phones are $500+ at starting prices. so please, just give it up and stop with that one
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Can't wait, it's about time they release a new iPhone model.

BTW, don't compare this to the HD2, that phone's performance isn't even consistent and it's touchscreen is inferior to the all the iPhones out now. If your phone doesn't even perform the basic tasks smoothly than a 1ghz processor doesn't mean !@%$.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

BTW, don't compare this to the HD2, that phone's performance isn't even consistent and it's touchscreen is inferior to the all the iPhones out now. If your phone doesn't even perform the basic tasks smoothly than a 1ghz processor doesn't mean %*$%.

nobody is comparing this fictional phone to the HD2. nobody mentioned the HD2's performance, boost simply talked about the phone's resolution.

which, btw, boost.. resolution doesn't have anything to do with the screen size. simply how well it displays it/how sharp the images are (somebody correct me if im wrong tho)

got the iphone, got bored with it a lil, hopefully its worth all the hype, either way its gonna be a monoply, verizon is gonna do whatever att does when it comes to prices.

I cant wait for verizon or sprint to get the iPhone.

there are WAY too many iPhone users on AT&T hopefully with all the people leaving to another network...it will fix the problem.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Can't wait for Apple to drop yet another sub par phone that will inevitably get dominated by Android, once the hype dies down.
pimp.gif

-The Juice
or can you really not wait for android to wait until the hype for the iphone dies down because they cant compete with apple straight up? 
laugh.gif
 you can't dominate someone a year after their product has released. HTC/android has a nice little habit of staying out of apples way during release days/announcement days/months following.

and to everyone complaining about the price, the iphone is what? starting off at $99? then $199? then $299? those are standard prices for a phone now... you are just looking for things to complain about. because all those android/HTC phones are the same prices, and nokias phones are $500+ at starting prices. so please, just give it up and stop with that one
smh.gif
laugh.gif

never fails. i don't see what you're trying to defend here.

BTW, don't compare this to the HD2, that phone's performance isn't even consistent and it's touchscreen is inferior to the all the iPhones out now. If your phone doesn't even perform the basic tasks smoothly than a 1ghz processor doesn't mean %*$%.

nobody is comparing this fictional phone to the HD2. nobody mentioned the HD2's performance, boost simply talked about the phone's resolution.
You're right, I meant EVO, which is basically the same as HD2. 

you apple fanboys are hilarious
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hella handsome

pimp.gif

-The Juice
laugh.gif

smh.gif
laugh.gif

never fails. i don't see what you're trying to defend here.

laugh.gif
 eh.. how about we nip this one in the bud before the long responses begin back and forth. 

i wasn't defending anything.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

why would someone need a front facing camera on their phone?

Take pictures of themselves.
Video chat!!!!
the 3rd party multi-tasking puts me on board. 

June birthday FTW

you're really comparing a 500 dollar (unlocked, off contract) nokia to a 99 dollar (locked, on contract iphone)? at least bring up real prices. like 99 dollar sub'd nokias or 500 dollar unsub'd (but still locked to att) iphones.

but yeah, not defending anything. and who in their right mind would release anything around an apple event? you know these blogs (giz/engadget being the biggest) eat up anything and everything apple throws out. it'll just get eaten up by apple coverage (as if it wasn't bad enough).

but you're right, not defending anything.

but, i'll be waiting to see what apple has to offer this year. and see how people will eat it up no matter if it has a whole new OS (which im hoping, because the current one is boring) or one or 2 spec bumps and an extra letter. maybe we'll get an iPhone 3Gs3D?

i love competition tho.

this always happens before june. then june comes and apple adds something minimal like cut and paste and everybody is once again let down. 3 years.. and we never learn
I actually thought the 3G S was finally on par with other devices.  I don't believe the cons of the 3G S are any worse than the cons on any other device.  If not for my plan, I probably would have jumped ship to that and been fine waiting 'til next year for a new phone or sold it to pay for the ETF and...
i like the competition though ... consumers win
...this.  I'd have my choice of amazing devices on any carrier still standing.  While these may seem like incremental (instead of revolutionary, magical, etc) changes, they're par for the course.  They already sped up their devices so there's no need to double the processor's speed.  This isn't a cutting edge device and it isn't priced as a cutting edge device (see high end Nokia).

These rumors specs are not even close to the rumor shell pics that leaked a month or so a go. Those pics of the front shell show the opening for a small front facing camera but says it's slight larger than a iPhone 3GS. With a display of 960 x 640 that's bigger than the HD2 which is 800 x 400 there is no way those leaked pics could be real. So somebody is lying here or maybe both. A good example of the display size is this:

If you thought the HD2 screen is massive (which it is), the iPhone HD screen is gonna make your cheeks twinkle.
which, btw, boost.. resolution doesn't have anything to do with the screen size. simply how well it displays it/how sharp the images are (somebody correct me if im wrong tho)
You're correct.  The Touch Pro 2 has a 3.6" screen and the same resolution as the HD2's 4.3" screen (480x800).  You can also see examples of this in TVs (27" 1080p - 100" 1080p).

Though I don't even think 3G can handle Video Chat. Might have to wait for LTE
iChat?  Yeah, I don't believe the networks could handle hundreds of thousands of people video chatting.  It could barely handle the burden of the iPhone getting MMS capabilities.  My guess is that it's there for the same reason the EVO 4G has it, blogging and live broadcasting via Qik (is there a time limit?).  If they do allow video calling, I have to think that they'll charge extra for it.

you apple fanboys are hilarious
laugh.gif
Fanboy, I don't even have an iPhone. I'm just stating the facts. In fact, I love the Nexus and android OS.
grin.gif

what facts? you haven't even used the evo 4g for you to say the phone doesn't perform well. you can't base it off WM when it's a completely different OS than android (which is more finger friendly) i take back what i said tho. but everything you said has no weight.

Back
Top Bottom