iPhone: Post everything here

Originally Posted by The Dauqs

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

For those who unlocked there 3G iPhone on a Mac, is this what you followed? http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1558

yes. and to back up your phone just sync to itunes.
So I just sync my phone first with itunes like I always do and it backs it up? Then leave the phone connected to the computer and follow thosedirections on the website? Sorry, I just want to make sure I'm doing it correctly.
laugh.gif

itunes backs up your phone every time you sync with it. yes leave your phone connected but exit out of itunes. open pwnage 2.0.2 and follow that guide in thatlink you posted.

Originally Posted by ReRetroMe

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Since I'm using a AT&T sim now can I just update to 2.0.1 when I connect the phone to iTunes and the box comes up telling ne about the new version and then after thats done winpwn to unlock/jailbreak? Or is there another way I have to do it since I'm on 1.1.4

are you trying to jailbreak your phone with 1.1.4 or jailbreak it with 2.0.1?
if you want to keep it at 1.1.4 and jailbreak it you have to get the older version of itunes and downgrade from the restore screen
this guy can tell you everything if thats your situation video is kinda low in volume and blurry but it works

hope that helps

No my phone is already jailbroken/unlocked on 1.1.4 and I want to get to 2.0.1 and then unlock/jailbreak so I was asking is it okay to just update throughitunes and then jailbreak/unlock using winpwn...

Could someone please help me I had the 1st gen. iphone lost it a month ago.smh. suspended my account so it couldnt be used if found but still had to pay thebill and now i need to get it turned ona gain since i bought the 3g, but will it cost me to get my old number on the new 3g. please help.

Originally Posted by jordanb1989

Could someone please help me I had the 1st gen. iphone lost it a month ago.smh. suspended my account so it couldnt be used if found but still had to pay the bill and now i need to get it turned ona gain since i bought the 3g, but will it cost me to get my old number on the new 3g. please help.

Highly doubt it, but that's not a for sure answer, just my speculation.

I was trying to put a custom boot logo and recovery logo but I don't think I have the image in the right format. For those who did it on a Mac, what wasthe image format and how did you convert it? Thanks!!

^ according to iclarified it should be in png. format with RGB or Grayscale format with Alpha channel and dimension bellow 320x480

Winterboard is nice...download bossprefs for sure so you can easily toggle on/off your EDGE, 3G, openSSH, bluetooth and wifi and use poof to hide icons youdon't use.

Make it mine (MIM) lets you change the carrier font to whatever you like, Insomnia lets programs run in the background and not close when you hit the homebutton. There are tons more apps just go through Cydia, read the info and if you think it's functional for you then download it, it's free and you canalways delete it

Let me be the first to tell you guys that reading is fundamental. I was here for about 3 hours attempting my restores, DFU and etc. Read the rightinstructions, did it, now the phone is up to 2.0.1 using WINPWN, if you need any assistance PM me.

iclarified, stevenlu and bigboss have good tutorials. howardforums iphone unlocking/hacking forums also help alot.

I have done both generation iPhones on both Mac and Windows (Pwnage tool and winpwn) with 100% success upgrading to 2.0.1.

Feel free to PM or ask in this thread if you need help as well.

Some major problems people encounter are not choosing the correct restore file for your specific phone, not pwning itunes, not putting the phone in DFU mode vsrecovery mode, not having the right version of itunes, etc...like HTOWN said make sure you read and download properly, it's a piece of cake really, theycouldn't have made the programs and tutorials more user friendly.

Go download the Simplify media app.

Stream your itunes to your phone, plus also add friends and stream their music too.

Props to EnergeeGod

go to www.simplifymedia.com and download to your PC/Mac, Make anaccount, and stream. Add me SaNTi.iTNaS

I got a hold of a iPhone about a month or maybe more ago, but it was locked and I can't use it unless I plug it into iTunes that it was synced with orsomething.

Back
Top Bottom