iPhone: Post everything here

Stupid question but i need help ASAP:

SO i put my OG up on the list to see if someone would pay $300 for it and about five min so what do i need to do to get ready for my 3G? do i need the oldphone or can i sell it before i hit the apple store? Im sure i need the sim card but is that it, and how can i wipe my data off the phone?

Originally Posted by ii2cky

ok ill ask here...

i just picked up a 16g and wanna get a new email account for it, i currently using a hotmail acc which does not offer pop3 whatever which i cant get email through my iphone

now im ready for a new email account and just what u guys using? did a lil research and most ppl suggest gmail i dont have a problem with, just gotta change my email on things

another thing is that im getting a mbp soon as the next update comes, and wondering if anyone knows if it comes w/ a .mac account (for free? and if so do i need to pay yearly?)

so what would u guys suggest for a good POP email account?
Gmail.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Stupid question but i need help ASAP:

SO i put my OG up on the list to see if someone would pay $300 for it and about five min so what do i need to do to get ready for my 3G? do i need the old phone or can i sell it before i hit the apple store? Im sure i need the sim card but is that it, and how can i wipe my data off the phone?

anyone im going to meet dude in a few hours????

get a Gmail account. You don't have to change any emails just have all your emails forwarded to the Gmail account and they will appear in your inbox likenormal emails. All you gotta do is go into settings in your gmail, enter the address and they pull all the settings for you. You can even send using your gmailas your old email.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Still need help: is it possible for me to unlock my 1st gen iphone, take it to the UK, get a UK SIM card and use it there on their servers?

I'm moving to London on Monday.
yes
Once you unlock it yes, find a GSM carrier in the UK, buy a simcard, activate a plan or prepaid, put it in your phone and go.

Is this safe to do (don't want to brick it when the iPhone software updates)? Should I do this here or in the UK? Which program should I use? Thanks a ton in advance guys.

yes its safe. Use winpwn if your on windows and pwnage tool if your on mac. Doesnt matter where you do it as long as you find a GSM carrier in theUK. Have fun over there
smile.gif

another question.. hahaa

so i set up a gmail today, and now im wondering. if i delete emails from my iphone, can i still have it saved in the inbox on gmail when i login from thecomputer?

i have the "keep gmail's copy in the box" on the gmail settings under POP, but i see that it's still getting deleted, anyone know how to fixthis

Do gmail emails deliver instant if you have it setup on your phone? Cause lately the only way I've been getting me emails is when I go in manually andrefresh it.

Digg.com's Kevin Rose has posted a newblog entry and YouTube video claiming to have knowledge of upcoming iPod updates with a significant number of details:

- Revamp of entire iPod line.
- Small cosmetic changes to Touch, Nano to see significant redesign (see above)
- iPods to see fairly large price drops to distance itself from the $199 iPhone.
- iPod touch 2.1 software, iPhone to get update very soon after.
- iTunes 8.0 ("it's a big update w/new features").
- All of this coming in the next 2-3 weeks.
- Blu-Ray support coming in Mac OS X 10.5.6

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Do gmail emails deliver instant if you have it setup on your phone? Cause lately the only way I've been getting me emails is when I go in manually and refresh it.

Go to your settings and check to see how often it is set to update. I think 15 min. is the shortest time.

Is there any way to stream movies? I was on ovguide trying to watch movies but the phone wouldnt let me.

I used Yahoo for my phone and I think that was the best one aside from g-mail. G-mail you have to constantly update your phone to see if you have e-mails,whereas yahoo just let's you know about 5 minutes after a e-mail has been sent....

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

I used Yahoo for my phone and I think that was the best one aside from g-mail. G-mail you have to constantly update your phone to see if you have e-mails, whereas yahoo just let's you know about 5 minutes after a e-mail has been sent....

That's how my yahoo used to be. now when I go in and refresh it I'll get a message from an hour or two ago. And I heard that that fetching featurekills your battery, that's why I don't have it set.

Is there a certain setting that is suppose to be on for the iPhone to save passwords while using Safari?
Edit *NVM...I looked it up online and some people were having problems with it also and they had to SSH into the phone and do some %%%$. I'll read itlater
laugh.gif

Ok, so I wanted to restore my iPhone to factory settings because it isn't saving passwords and it's getting real annoying. Plus, I got some junk onhere and i just want to start all over. Is it possible to restore everything but keep my contacts?

i must say, as much as I've been hating the new 3g compared to my 1st gen. 16gb, it has slowly improved, but still not as good as the 1st gen

i did just receive my black matte incase slider for the 3g and its definitely better then the hype built around it, if i wasn't in dying need for a case, iwould have waited for the other colors to come out cuz this black matte one is kind of slippery but now i understand why incase products are so pricey cuz thequality of their products are unlike no other, if you haven't picked up a case for your 3g as of yet, i would highly suggest the incase slider for the 3g,i even noticed a white one for sale which was the last one at the apple store in roosevelt field this past saturday

Back
Top Bottom