iPhone: Post everything here

third party films have a hole for the earpiece so they're not a problem i have one on mine. they also don't cover up the speakerphone. the speakerphonejust generally sucks but the earpiece is fine if its turned all the way up, you should be able to hear in anywhere.

-Has it gotten in the way of anyone that the phone doesn't copy and paste? Or have they finally added the feature?

-How good is the camera? Because I know it doesn't have flash.

-How's the aim on it? I heard you can go on meebo and use the aim but is there any other way? Because I'm making the transformation from a sk to aiPhone. Lately I've been using its aim less than I use to but I still want it to be available for when I need it.

-Can you post on NT? Ever since we got Yuku, it doesn't let me make a post on NT.

1. no copy/paste, a few times i wish it had it but hopefully it will be added eventually
2. the camera is great
3. AIM is good. you can use meebo.com or jailbreak it and install apollo both work well
4. yes NT looks just like it does on your computer browser

I've heard of other people having the same problem and I read somewhere that models with a certain serial number or something have bad phone volume. Soit's not just yours...mine is a little low too but I've gotten used to it.

- Preciate it.

I have the 1.0.2 version of the iphone and do not plan to upgrade. I upgraded my iTunes from 7.3 to 7.5 and now all the ringtones i made just got erasedfrom my iphone. How do i downgrade back to 7.3? Or is there any other way to get my ringtones back?

http://www.flytunes.fm/

FlyTunes_Play_Render_1.jpg

FlyTunes is a new kind of music service that is designed for today's highly integrated WiFi/3G capable cell phones and media players, such asthe Apple iPhone and iPod Touch.

FlyTunes offers you a music experience that's better than satellite radio, with thousands of high quality music channels that you can personalize and enjoyon your iPhone any time, anywhere you go, without limitations, and without fees.

FlyTunes 1.0 for iPhone/Touch will be released on January 21, 2008. If you'd like to be reminded when it's available, click
here and we'll not only remind you when it's ready, but we'll enter you in adrawing to win an iPhone on January 25th.

Post all of your iPhone questions and inquiries here Also advise or things people need to know before they get one.

im right now choosing the point for me to use as my ring tone. from nike boots by wale

right now its wipe me down by boosie. i bought it cause i diddnt wanna have to jailbreak or anything. but i dont wanna spend money on that crap. 3 dollars tobuy and make a ringtone? oh hell no

EXACT instructions on how to make a ringtone with the latest iTunes(7.5) and iPhone(1.1.2) software 1. Select the song in iTunes that I want to use as aringtone. Protected AAC files will not work. 2. Right-click on the song and select Get Info 3. Go to the Options page and select the start and end times forthe ringtone 4. Right-click on the song again and select Convert Selection to AAC 5. Right-click on the converted song and select Show in Finder 6. Drag the.m4a file from the Finder window to your desktop 7. Go back to iTunes and delete the converted song from iTunes. When I skipped this step, double clicking onthe .m4r file to import the ringtone into iTunes did not work properly. 8. Right-click on the song file on your desktop, select Get Info and change the fileextension from .m4a to m4r. You should get a warning message about changing the extension. 9. Open a Finder window and locate the Ringtones folder underneathyour iTunes folder. The path should be /Users//Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Ringtones. If this folder does not exist, create it. 10. Drag the renamed song filefrom your desktop to the Ringtones folder in Finder. 11. Double-click on the .m4r file now stored inside the Ringtones folder. iTunes should change to theRingtones folder under Library near the top and start playing the ringtone 12. Plug-in your iPhone to begin the sync process. This should copy the ringtoneover to your iPhone. You can verify this after the sync is complete by expanding the iPhone contents inside iTunes and then, selecting the Ringtones folder

To those who said they cant hear when talking to someone on the phone....it is indeed the film cover that blocks it. What i did was i got a thin needle andpoked some holes in the film cover where the volume would come through. Hope this helps

Is it me or is it super super hard to hear people on the iPhone? I thought it could have been the film that I put on the screen that makes the volume lowbut that can't be the real reason. I mean I seriously can't hear anything at times since I work in the city. I literally have to use the ear pieceeverytime. Is this just how the iPhone is or could mine be defective?

1.1.3 is nice but nothing over the top simple updates.

when is the aim application coming out? like specific date?

A friend of mine is an AT&T customer service rep and said there was a rumor that a new version will be coming out soon with a Road view GPS system andpossibly a slide out keyboard... anyone else hear anything like this?
Hopefully they can drop a 16G model or something

Originally Posted by Buttons McBoomBoom

Pardon me if I'm wrong...maybe someone more knowledgeable can come in and clarify this....isn't it possible for him to just unlock the factory lock on the features...like just get past that initial "connect to itunes" screen. Then pop in the sim he already has...without having to unlock the phone for a different carrier?

If your talking about just popping in your ATT sim into a iPhone that has ALREADY been unlocked...I would imagine you'd be fine. But if you mean purchasing a new in box iPhone and using your current ATT sim...I would say you only need to bypass that initial lock screen just preventing from using the features before activated.

i was originally thinking that you can just jailbreak and use the att sim without unlocking, but according to domc03, it won't work...you need to get anew card.....but it's worth a try to jaibreak to see if the sim card will work without the unlock

I guess if you want to use your old card, you'll have to jailbreak your phone and then unlock it...however you can only do that with software v.1.1.1and below...to my knowledge, there hasn't been an unlock for 1.1.2. but it can still be jailbroken....do some research online....i'm not sure if i canpost info on other forums, but just google forums and iphone and mod..hopefully you can find the info you need on the site...

Back
Top Bottom