iPhone: Post everything here

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by thapointguy

I just picked up a 16gig 3G iphone. When you activate 3G, does it have the 3G icon? Mine has the "E" icon.
Is 3G enabled in your settings?

If it is, then it means the area you are at might have low/no 3G signal, so it defaults to EDGE.
I believe I have it enabled. I'll check other areas for 3g signals. Thnx.
ATT doesn't have all areas on the 3G network yet (smh), so you can google ATT 3G in your city to see if it's up and running. Omaha willnot get it until November
ohwell.gif

On a side note, does anyone know if you switch your plan if it will take place for your current plan? (i upgrade from 200 to 1500 texts online, will it takeeffect now?)
I have like 500 texts... I don't want to pay $30 extra
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

I just copped an 8GB iPhone last Friday...I left the BB crowd......I already Jailbroke but customize isn't working. Any help. I'm new to this side ofthe fence.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

The wifi on my phone hasn't been working right since I updated. Im in the next room and doesnt find it.
indifferent.gif
I thought I was tripping, I've had the same problem too. 3G improves and Wi-Fi goes down
laugh.gif
It's been getting a little better. It's in and out though. The only time its steady is when im right next to the router.
indifferent.gif

oO ThE RoC Oo, you're most likely on the 2.1 firmware. Customize isn't really compatible with that version yet. As a matter of fact customize has beenunstable since 2.0
I still use it because i like to edit my phones strings. I just hope winpwn comes out soon so i can update to 2.1 with custom boot logos and better partitionspace

Thanks retro23, Right now I use winterboard to customize my themes and sounds. And Customize to edit my phone strings. Is there anything else I should know,what other apps should I get?

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

The wifi on my phone hasn't been working right since I updated. Im in the next room and doesnt find it.
indifferent.gif
I thought I was tripping, I've had the same problem too. 3G improves and Wi-Fi goes down
laugh.gif

It's happening to me as well. So annoying to get 5 secs of wifi every 3 hours.

Originally Posted by oO ThE RoC Oo

Thanks retro23, Right now I use winterboard to customize my themes and sounds. And Customize to edit my phone strings. Is there anything else I should know, what other apps should I get?
all depends on what you want to do with your phone. I use cycorder for video recorder, snapture for camera. customize of course for my customthemes, myweather. I really honestly dont do much with my phone besides useless apps of games. I have seen some amazing customizing in this thread. Besidesallowing myself to be different from every other iphone user, i like to keep it simple yet always unlocked/jailbroken. Since your is jailbroken as well, openup cydia and roam around. I just read SwirlyMMS has released <- picture messaging.

I finally got my iPHONE. The person I bought it off of had upgraded to 2.1, but when I bought it she did a hard reset and whip off EVERYTHING. Now when I startthe phone its asking me to plug it into iTUNES or make an emergency call. I'm lost, how do I jailbreak it or unlock (kinda confused on these two) so that Ican get it to work on my tmobile sim.

Ive done some google searching and found nothing. HELP ASAP!

EDIT: Sorry it's a 1G 8B iPHONE if that helps. I'm not for sure what FW is it as of right now since she hard reset it.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I finally got my iPHONE. The person I bought it off of had upgraded to 2.1, but when I bought it she did a hard reset and whip off EVERYTHING. Now when I start the phone its asking me to plug it into iTUNES or make an emergency call. I'm lost, how do I jailbreak it or unlock (kinda confused on these two) so that I can get it to work on my tmobile sim.

Just use the USB cable to hook it to your computer and open up iTunes. It should restore it.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I finally got my iPHONE. The person I bought it off of had upgraded to 2.1, but when I bought it she did a hard reset and whip off EVERYTHING. Now when I start the phone its asking me to plug it into iTUNES or make an emergency call. I'm lost, how do I jailbreak it or unlock (kinda confused on these two) so that I can get it to work on my tmobile sim.

Just use the USB cable to hook it to your computer and open up iTunes. It should restore it.
Can I use the new iTUNES 8 or should I use a previous version? I keep reading about v7.7 on other sites?!

Ok, go it activated through iTunes. My next question, it's on FW2.01, I see many of many of guides to jailbreak it/unlock. Which is the best to use or moststraight forward. The one I was going to use said that it has errors in the software.

^ if you have a mac use pwnagetool, if you have a PC wait on winpwn if you want to pwn 2.1
only macs are capable of getting 2.1 pwn unless you download someone else's custom firmware.
for tutorial use iclarified.com
on the left side it has tutorials

If you guys want to control your PC from your Iphone here's the program for you. It starts at 12am FRIDAY. Check youtube to see how it works.

As a registered Touchpad Pro user, you know that Touchpad Pro is a revolutionary application for iPhone and iPod touch, that allows you to control yourcomputer from anywhere in the world. However, Touchpad Pro is not available on the new 2.0+ firmware update, and cannot be purchased on the App Store.

Jaadu VNC is an application that's currently available on the App Store (in fact, it is in the Staff Picks as well as the What's Hot sections of theiTunes App Store), and is based on the ideas behind Touchpad Pro, and contains most of the functionality, and in many ways improves tremendously upon TouchpadPro (such as automatic server discovery, and pinch/zoom), however, currently it does not support media keys. The price is on the higher side, at around $25(varies by region). However, for a *very limited time*, you will be able to get Jaadu VNC at a promotional price -- $5 in the US (again it will vary by region-- but this is the ballpark). Make sure you avail this opportunity quickly as it will only last a very short time.

For a 12 hour period starting at 11:59pm US Eastern Daylight Time (UTC/GMT-4) on Thursday, September 18th, 2008, Jaadu VNC v1.2 will be available for $5 in theUS (similar price markdown in the rest of the world). You may purchase the application only through the official iTunes App Store -- and all payments must bemade to Apple. Here are the details of this offer:

- The application can be purchased at any time from the following URL: http://slickdeals.net/?sduid=17932&...ttp://phobos.apple.com/WebObject...70485&mt=8http://phobos.apple.com/WebObject...70485&mt=8 -- however, the price willonly be lowered during the aforementioned time window

- Once the 12 hour period is over, the application will go back to its current price ($25 in the US, and a similar price range in the rest of the world)

- If you buy the application during this limited time offer, you need to either keep it on your device, or on your computer's iTunes. You can keepit and use it indefinitely, and will not be charged anything extra as long as you do not download the application again from the App Store, and as long as youdo not upgrade the application to a newer version in the future

- If you buy the application during this limited time offer, and then re-download the application from the App Store once the price has gone back to $25, youwill be charged the difference in price -- so be very careful to keep the application on your device and computer so you don't have to download it again

- If you buy the application during this limited time offer, and wish to upgrade to a newer version in the future (e.g. Jaadu VNC v1.3), you will be chargedthe difference in price

This offer has exclusively been designed for you, a Touchpad Pro paid customer. You are the only group to which this email is being sent out. Since Appledoesn't allow discounts for individuals, the only way we could give you this offer is to make it available to everyone -- which is a risky option expectedto result in economic loss to us, but we are taking the risk for you. Please do not communicate the details of this offer to anyone to minimize our exposure.

All we ask in return is one thing -- please write a review for Jaadu VNC on the App Store. It would be great to have Jaadu VNC get a 5-star rating -- and youcan help make that a reality! Every review counts, so please do make an effort as it just takes a few minutes of your time.

To take up this offer, you just need to access the above link within the aforementioned time period to check for the price reduction, and then buy theapplication when you see the lower price. You do not need to contact us, or show any proof of purchase. Also, this offer is completely optional -- whether ornot you take up the offer, you can still keep your Touchpad Pro Activation intact and continue using it on pre-2.0 firmware devices. We do not have a confirmedtimeframe for when Touchpad Pro will be ported to the new firmware. Finally, if you wish to get a refund on your Touchpad Pro purchase, you can only do so ifyou bought it in the last 30 days (this is mentioned clearly on the TouchpadPro.com FAQ page, and no exceptions will be made in this regard).

If you require any technical support with Jaadu VNC once you've bought it, please contact the Jugaari Team at [email protected]

We hope you are happy with this arrangement -- we've really worked hard to get you this offer. If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected].

Sincerely,

The Touchpad Team
[email protected]

I finally got over my fears of my phone bricking...I had 1.1.1. for the longest (plus I saw no point in risking it for minor updates)
Now I'm on 2.0.1 and loving it...runs a lot smoother too. Facebook app is crack.

Originally Posted by dalilboy

Originally Posted by LALAKERFAN213

thapointguy wrote:
LALAKERFAN213 wrote:
Did they fix Itunes 8.0 for Vista yet?

What's wrong with it? I have itunes 8.0 and running Vista.
When connecting an iphone, you get the Blue Screen of Death.
Has the problem been resolved?
ive never had that problem and im running on Vista

i didnt have that problem either.

Back
Top Bottom