iPhone: Post everything here

Originally Posted by lilfeet47

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

The wifi on my phone hasn't been working right since I updated. Im in the next room and doesnt find it.
indifferent.gif
I thought I was tripping, I've had the same problem too. 3G improves and Wi-Fi goes down
laugh.gif

It's happening to me as well. So annoying to get 5 secs of wifi every 3 hours.
Man, I have FULL wifi and when I try to check my mail it just switches over to Edge for some reason, this update is
pimp.gif
besides it effing up my wifi. My wifi is nearly non-existent.

Originally Posted by retro23phan

^ congrats. Im still patiently waiting winpwn 3.0 for 2.1 firmware

is that the version for 2.1 firmware? No wonder when i used winpwn 2.0XX on 2.1, it didn't work.

Unlocked my phone about a month ago with pwnage, now in London on O2 network, can I update without bricking? I'm new to all of this if you couldn'ttell...

i <3 apple's warranty on this thing. i was having issues with itunes deleting apps off my phone for no apparent reason. took it in and they gave me abrand new one. worked out because i had a few scratches on it that were really bothering me
pimp.gif

Whats a good GPS app like the one HTC has where it talks to you and gives u visual (traveling) directions. Sorry, I don't know what HTC model it is, but mycousin has this phone and he had GPS on it, and it told us the directions and even gave us a map and followed us through with it. It was dope! I want one formy iphone!

It's the Tilt, the GPS on that thing is DOPE!

I'm about to unlock my 3G iphone this weekend so just to make sure: Use pwnage, pwnage can resort to your default factory settings in case my phone messesup while its jailbroken so it's valid for the warranty, and do jailbroken phones have problems with wifi, 3G, GPS and any other connectivity stuff? Lastquestion is what's gonna happen to my att service because I have a 2 year contract with them. Sorry for the q's but thanks to the people that answerthem.

183057-screen.jpg

A recent patent application from Apple reveals that the company is considering adding a proper "At a Glance" notification screen for the iPhone.The proposed screen would allow users to quickly jump to the desired notification simply by pressing on the corresponding notification.

At present, the iPhone's notification lists is a list that disappears when the phone is unlocked. This sort of notification system may become moreimportant once 3rd party "push" notifications are activated, as the number and variety of these notifications will likely increase significantly.

Apple originally had an early version of "push" notifications built into developer builds of iPhone 2.1. This feature, however, was later removed andthe final version of 2.1 was released earlier this month without this feature. Apple has not made any announcements if their targeted release date has beenchanged.

anybody use the truephone voip app?

my girl lives in the states, and im in canada, and been gettin raped on my bills. with this, you get 1000 minutes to anywhere in north america for 15 bucks...i just added it and it seems to work great so far.

also... everyone should check out quickgold off cydia, searches your phone real quick instead of having to open up your contacts list and find the name etc...

Originally Posted by Shaky3

I'm about to unlock my 3G iphone this weekend so just to make sure: Use pwnage, pwnage can resort to your default factory settings in case my phone messes up while its jailbroken so it's valid for the warranty, and do jailbroken phones have problems with wifi, 3G, GPS and any other connectivity stuff? Last question is what's gonna happen to my att service because I have a 2 year contract with them. Sorry for the q's but thanks to the people that answer them.
If you are staying with ATT your contract will go on like nothing happened. If you unlock your iphone nothing bad will happen. The only catch isthat due to the new upgrade to itunes (8.0) and the iphone firmware (2.1) you will be required to either (a) unlock it in a more difficult manner (go to winpwnforums to find out how), or you will need to reinstall the last version of itunes (you can go back to 8.0 once unlocked) and you won't be able to have the2.1 firmware on your phone. Once the new winpwn comes out you will be able to upgrade your phone to the new firmware.

Is there a (easier) way to transfer pics from my PC to my iPhone without using the slow, yet tedious iTunes? Also how do I customize my phone much better? Idownloaded Customize but when ever I try to use it I get an error saying I have to connect to the internet to use the files, but im on wifi and connected, Idon't get it.

Also is there a way to customize a receive text message ring tone? On my razr 2 I had the ESPN ringer as my new text message, I want it the same on my iPhone.

Have any windows used the new quickpwn for windows to update to 2.1? And does quickpwn unlock the phone or just jailbreak?

^ im too scared. i have had bad experiences with quickpwn. I suggest waiting alittle longer for winpwn 3.0 (if you are a windows user) only thing stopping mefrom just downloading someones custom firmware is the boot logos. I enjoy my boot logos. Quickpwn unlocks/jailbreaks first generation iphones, only jailbreaks2nd ones.
The reason im scared about using quickpwn is you have to first update your iphone to the new firmware. I never update because im always scared it bricks it, idont want to go through the hassle of trying to fix it. Plus you have to remove itunes 8.0 and reinstall 7.7
again too much work. winpwn makes it easy. well worth the wait in my opinion

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Have any windows used the new quickpwn for windows to update to 2.1? And does quickpwn unlock the phone or just jailbreak?
Originally Posted by retro23phan

^ im too scared. i have had bad experiences with quickpwn. I suggest waiting alittle longer for winpwn 3.0 (if you are a windows user) only thing stopping me from just downloading someones custom firmware is the boot logos. I enjoy my boot logos. Quickpwn unlocks/jailbreaks first generation iphones, only jailbreaks 2nd ones.
The reason im scared about using quickpwn is you have to first update your iphone to the new firmware. I never update because im always scared it bricks it, i dont want to go through the hassle of trying to fix it. Plus you have to remove itunes 8.0 and reinstall 7.7
again too much work. winpwn makes it easy. well worth the wait in my opinio
I don't know what to do right now.

My iphone is showing me the "Repair Needed: iPhon cannot make or receive calls" dialog. I'm on 1.1.4 still.

Should I go ahead and start from scratch, restore my iphone then quickpwn it?

What makes winpwn easy to use?

Wait, I'm confused.... I just updated to itunes 8 today and you're saying that in order to quickpwn I have to go back to 7.7 just so that it will work?

So if I already have a 2 year contract with ATT i cant jailbreak? I dont think i can unlock it because my plan's with ATT.

Originally Posted by Shaky3

So if I already have a 2 year contract with ATT i cant jailbreak? I dont think i can unlock it because my plan's with ATT.
You can jailbreak it if you want to, and if you don't plan on using T-Mobile then there is no reason to unlock.

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

you update through itunes first then use quickpwn to jailbreak. you dont have to downgrade from itunes 8 . i just got done just now doing thisusing itunes 8 and quickpwn to 2.1

Back
Top Bottom