iPhone: Post everything here

Did you pick:

* Restore as new iPhone

or

* Restore from backup

?

Looks like you picked new iPhone

I didn't get that option... this just comes up.... even still I should not have this itunes logo and usb cord on my screen though.

^nonononono SANTI03

you have to access your phone through the SSH

if you dont know what it is download OPENSSH on cydia

and you have to have a SSH client...like WINSCP for PCs

now you turn "on" ssh through boss prefs, which you need if you dont have it yet

open WINSCP, now enter your IP into it, which will be the IP given to you by your wireless carrier, (hit the blue arrow when you choose which internet you wantto connect to in your settings)

so enter the IP

and enter "root" and "alpine" for the user/pass

if you execute it properly, it'll take a few mins for your phone to pop up in WINSCP, you have to patient here cuz it'll say "not responding"blah blah blah, just say, continue with operation or something like that

NOW you go to the directory that has been told to you

Yes it was unlocked and it's a 2G..... How do you get into DFU mode and how do you get into restore mode? maybe I'm in the wrong one?

Originally Posted by daaznfella

^nonononono SANTI03

you have to access your phone through the SSH

if you dont know what it is download OPENSSH on cydia

and you have to have a SSH client...like WINSCP for PCs

now you turn "on" ssh through boss prefs, which you need if you dont have it yet

open WINSCP, now enter your IP into it, which will be the IP given to you by your wireless carrier, (hit the blue arrow when you choose which internet you want to connect to in your settings)

so enter the IP

if you execute it properly, it'll take a few mins for your phone to pop up in WINSCP, you have to patient here cuz it'll say "not responding" blah blah blah, just say, continue with operation or something like that

errr... I'm lost

1zh0l5j.jpg

^beautiful

DO THIS \/

open WINSCP, now enter your IP into it, which will be the IP given to you by your wireless carrier, (hit the blue arrow when you choose which internet you wantto connect to in your settings in your iphone)

iphone >settings> wifi> blue arrow on which your internet is

DO THAT^

so enter the IP

if you execute it properly, it'll take a few mins for your phone to pop up in WINSCP, you have to patient here cuz it'll say "not responding"blah blah blah, just say, continue with operation or something like that

the search function is failing me -

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to Unlock/Jailbreak a first gen with the newest firmware, on a PC?

which program(s) are the best to use for this? and which ones work the best w/out glitches?
Thanks, I'd appreciate the help
smile.gif

aw jeez
ok im try to help both

rwfanatic, you problem is you are in restore mode, quickpwn asks for DFU mode. it actually walks you through i dont know how you got lost. Basically to get toDFU, you hold the power button for 5 seconds, let go, then hold the power and home button for 10 seconds, once that is done you let go of the power (the topbutton) and continue holding the home button until a white screen appears on your phone, now you are in DFU mode. Quickpwn will do the rest. After you restoreyou are suppose to start quickpwn and follow everything. The reason your phone shows that screen is you have not unlocked it yet. Let quickpwn do its thing.

SaNTi0321, your problem is you have to first, go to advance options. than to connection and set the server response time to 45 sec. Once that is done save it,now go edit your login that you save. For the host name put the I.P address on your iphone. To do that go to wifi and click the right arrow on your iphone onceyou have seen your network name, it will tell you your IP address. For host name it is root, password is alpine. it will take a while to load up the firsttime, but it should work.

Good luck to the both of you.

edit. Thomas follow this tutorial and you should be fine. http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1880

^hey retro

if i want to upgrade to 2.1 with

iPhone1,1_2.1_5F136_Custom_Restore.ipsw

i have to do the shift/restore thing through itunes right? and if so, everything will be restored to factory settings correct? I read the faq that santi posteda page back, and i have a lot of apps on my phone

i'm on 2g, running 2.0.2 right now

can i follow santi's faq step by step? i'm worried it'll freeze on the apple screen, and by doing so, how do i go about to prevent that fromoccuring?....or do i have to wait till winpwn 3.0?

Originally Posted by retro23phan

aw jeez
ok im try to help both

rwfanatic, you problem is you are in restore mode, quickpwn asks for DFU mode. it actually walks you through i dont know how you got lost. Basically to get to DFU, you hold the power button for 5 seconds, let go, then hold the power and home button for 10 seconds, once that is done you let go of the power (the top button) and continue holding the home button until a white screen appears on your phone, now you are in DFU mode. Quickpwn will do the rest. After you restore you are suppose to start quickpwn and follow everything. The reason your phone shows that screen is you have not unlocked it yet. Let quickpwn do its thing.
I'm not even ready to use quickpwn yet, I need to get the phone off of the "emergency calls only" screen.... and everytime I try toput it into DFU mode the phone either powers off or the screen goes black, which I'm guessing is the restore mode.. Here's what itunes looks like....
zjw9hk.jpg

Originally Posted by retro23phan

aw jeez
ok im try to help both

rwfanatic, you problem is you are in restore mode, quickpwn asks for DFU mode. it actually walks you through i dont know how you got lost. Basically to get to DFU, you hold the power button for 5 seconds, let go, then hold the power and home button for 10 seconds, once that is done you let go of the power (the top button) and continue holding the home button until a white screen appears on your phone, now you are in DFU mode. Quickpwn will do the rest. After you restore you are suppose to start quickpwn and follow everything. The reason your phone shows that screen is you have not unlocked it yet. Let quickpwn do its thing.

SaNTi0321, your problem is you have to first, go to advance options. than to connection and set the server response time to 45 sec. Once that is done save it, now go edit your login that you save. For the host name put the I.P address on your iphone. To do that go to wifi and click the right arrow on your iphone once you have seen your network name, it will tell you your IP address. For host name it is root, password is alpine. it will take a while to load up the first time, but it should work.

Good luck to the both of you.

edit. Thomas follow this tutorial and you should be fine. http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1880http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1880

thanks, so this is all I need? I'm on a bone stock 1.1.4 2g, I need to update my iPhone to 2.1 first right? and itunes to the newest?

also, is there a difference between quickpwn and winpwn? (using Windows pc)

thanks again in advance

edit: nm, I think I found the answer

OK, I finally scooped up the iphone, now someone please pm me or tell me on here how to set up the t-zone hack. Thanks in advance.

daaznfella, if you can not wait i say hop on quickpwn, it does the exact thing winpwn does besides partition resizer and boot logos. Yeah once you restore tothe newest firmware it goes to the original stock settings. You can backup if you want, i never do because i have heard that backing up from 2.0.2 to 2.1 is adifferent ballgame. There a big difference between the two firmware, i have yet figured it out. Its always best to set up new iphone. If you have PC usemicrosoft outlook to set up your contacts. Quickpwn is a safe bet, trust me.

rwfanatic, you are doing it all wrong, once you shift restore to the newest firmware you have to start quickpwn. You dont go back into itunes. You have to letquickpwn unlock your iphone then go into itunes. you are missing all the necessary steps. Stop freaking out, do it all over. THis time shift restore to thenewest firmware. Start quickpwn and let it run its thing. Afterwards once its unlock and bootneuter neutered your iphone then start itunes.

Thomas, yes that is exactly what you do, make sure you shift restore to the newest firmware before you use quickpwn.

^i'm worried about the "freezing" part, cuz i'm sure that i've had that happen to me last time and it took FOREVER to reboot

is there anything i can do to work around the freeze?

Is anybody using ToneFXs? I'm trying to set a custom tone for a SMS but I don't see the option for it. Can anybody help? They default is starting toannoy me and I need my ESPN intro ringer,
happy.gif

Originally Posted by vcof2005

OK, I finally scooped up the iphone, now someone please pm me or tell me on here how to set up the t-zone hack. Thanks in advance.
Read my reply on page 185.

daaznfella, for starters 2.0 and up take a lot longer to reboot. and the freeze part? well its an apple product so you are bound to experience the spinningwheel of death. If you follow the tutorial from iClarified.com right then you will be up and running in no time. No problems. I do not see how you canexperience the freezing part in regards to restoring your firmware. I mean the only time i have ever experience freezing at booting is from installing improperapplications.

Okay, so i am by no means an expert at all this jailbreaking stuff, but i did do a lot of research before attempting to Jailbreak my 2.1 firmware 3G. I noticed a lot of questions being asked that were redundant (including some from me)...so I am going to share exactly what i did, what i used, and how things turned out...and yes, they turned out well in the end. This also covers restoring from a backup of non-jailbroken, stock 2.1 firmware AFTER quickpwning, and what the results are. If you want to QuickPwn properly and have Cydia/Installer WITHOUT LOSING ANY OF YOUR DATA, read on!

System specs:

-iPhone 3G, 8 GB

- PC: Windows XP SP2, iTunes 8.0, .net Framework 3.5 (this is important, so make sure you have this), QuickPwn 2.1

-Laptop: Vista 32-bit, iTunes 8.0, .net Framework 3.5, QuickPwn 2.1

Yes, i did the jailbreak twice, on both machines just to see if there was any difference between XP and Vista (there were none). XP iTunes is barebones iTunes 8.0, no music or apps. Laptop/Vista iTunes had all my synced files. Using QuickPwn on a computer with iTunes that you don't normally sync with to jailbreak is 100% ok.

Before you even think about QuickPwning, if you have a bunch of apps installed (I had 4 pages worth) DO NOT QUICKPWN! Doing this will MOST LIKELY cause your iPhone to get stuck on the Apple logo upon reboot after QuickPwning, and doing this twice through Vista and XP confirms this. If you're like me and have LEGIT, NON-Jailbroken 2.1 firmware already running, these are the steps you should take to do a proper QuickPwn:

this is what i'm worried about retro, and i remember when i tried it last time, upon botting up, the circle thing would spin...then "not spin"....it did this for about 2 hours, until i was like..."f it", and was forced to restore the phone....

but you say you're pretty sure nothing too bad will happen?

whew, what a relief..... Thanks for the help retro, I'm restoring from my backup right now.... now comes the hardpart, putting the music back on here.

i had 6 pages of cracked applications, all i did was set up the iphone as new(like every other firmware i have done), and did not sync anything yet. Once ipatched the mobileinstallation so i can install cracked IPA files, then i sync. I had no problems. Then again i knew well what i was doing, if you are unsure,wait for winpwn (if it matters) they all do the same thing. good luck though. I think your main concern is restoring the backup. I suggest not do it. If yousee it as a must, find other alternatives.

edit: rwfanatic, no problem man.

no lies in the last week i have helped at least 8 people with the iphone. I guess when it comes to niketalk this is the only subject i shine in. My inbox is atits max, however i am glad all 8 had success. best of luck to the rest.

Well so far I have noticed that the lag in the text msgs is gone... Signal is still high, I forget what else is supposed to be improved.

Back
Top Bottom