iPhone: Post everything here

A couple of quick questions. I am looking at getting a iphone but dont know if i should wait until a price drop if there is one and should i get one form appleor an unlocked jailbroken one but i have heard that there are problems with apps on the jailbroken one.

All help would be much appreciated.

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

^ o_O so its been developed but not released? that makes no sense...I'm sure its legal issues that are holding it back but why even have it developed without having everything cleared for it to be released? or am I just way off?
you're pretty off. are you jailbroken? Do you use apollo? If so, then you already know the reason why, even if you dont' realize it
wink.gif

Originally Posted by PcByRdGaNg51BiX

my iphone is coming in real soon
pimp.gif
can't wait. and has anyone tried the Ziphone jailbreak program for the 1.1.4 firmware yet??? if so, did it work?
YES IT does work i just need how to do it next time to get install apps to work other than that everything works

A couple of quick questions. I am looking at getting a iphone but dont know if i should wait until a price drop if there is one and should i get one form appleor an unlocked jailbroken one but i have heard that there are problems with apps on the jailbroken one.

All help would be much appreciated.

dont jailbreak until you know exactly what it does and what you're doing...and if you do dont plan on updating much

Quick question..

I have the 1.1.3 update and a Windows computer. Is there any possible way to make ringtones for free without having to pay apple $2?

Another question.

Thinking about getting an iPhone. I'm curious as to how reliable this Jailbreak mod is? Will it screw up your phone at all? Cause I dont want an iphone IfI cant get some of the third patry apps I've seen....

I'm assuming some people in this thread already have experience with jailbroken phones.

the jailbreak mods are pretty good, i live in hk so mine has to be unlocked and jailbroken...

ive done it w/ 1.0.2, and just updated it to 1.1.4 with ziphone, from what iknow if u mess up u can always go back and restoring it "revirginize" itagain

the 3rd party apps are awesome, now i cant live w/o it

Most of the apps come from trusted sources and if they don't you just have a take a chance. Mine is jailbroken and unlocked for t-mobile.

ii2cky- So you're saying even if something screws up you can always restore the phone to its original setting? And I assume delete all your mods form thephone?

Just got an iphone for my bday and coming from a verizon data plan owner, the edge is really slow...makes me want that 3g iphone even more (if and when itcomes out). The Yahoo Mail wit push capabilities is definitely a plus and will be looking forward to this as it's my primary email account. Anyone knowwhen the first third party applications are coming out from the SDK? I definitely wanna jailbreak my iphone after i get bored of the og apps, but wouldconsider waiting if this is coming out soon.

Oh...Verizon changing the texting rate FTW!!! Let me leave my contract with em wit out a termination fee
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by iceman3699

Just got an iphone for my bday and coming from a verizon data plan owner, the edge is really slow...makes me want that 3g iphone even more (if and when it comes out). The Yahoo Mail wit push capabilities is definitely a plus and will be looking forward to this as it's my primary email account. Anyone know when the first third party applications are coming out from the SDK? I definitely wanna jailbreak my iphone after i get bored of the og apps, but would consider waiting if this is coming out soon.

Oh...Verizon changing the texting rate FTW!!! Let me leave my contract with em wit out a termination fee
pimp.gif

info please, i want to leave verizon too

Installed that touchpad app last night... WOW

I've been sleeping on that thing hard.. its pretty neat.

Pool app is nice too...

I'm still on 1.1.1 is upgrading it worth all the trouble? (is it easy?) I havent been reading up on this stuff for a minute now...

Does anyone have any comments on tmobiles edge connection? Like can someone say how fast it is compared to the sidekick?

Originally Posted by ludex360

Originally Posted by iceman3699

Just got an iphone for my bday and coming from a verizon data plan owner, the edge is really slow...makes me want that 3g iphone even more (if and when it comes out). The Yahoo Mail wit push capabilities is definitely a plus and will be looking forward to this as it's my primary email account. Anyone know when the first third party applications are coming out from the SDK? I definitely wanna jailbreak my iphone after i get bored of the og apps, but would consider waiting if this is coming out soon.

pimp.gif

info please, i want to leave verizon too
The rate increase is noted on your monthly bill (according to the VZW rep I spoke to) . Since a rate increase is a change in the contract by VZWyou can technically leave them. But you only have 14days from the rate change to cancel your contract...so do it quick. Also if you want to keep ur numberyou gotta activate the other phone first then call up VZW to waive the early termination fee.

Oh, this only applies to people who dont have a text plan...but there have been people who got away with it. google it.

I found an unlocked jailbroker iPhone on Craigslist for a decent price. I got in touch with the guy and I'm thinking about scooping it up. The question Ihave is what kind of questions do I need to be asking him about in regards to the phone. Also I was wondering what I need to be looking for if we do actuallymeet up and I'm holding the phone in my hands. Any help would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom