iPhone: Post everything here

so if i want to open a line, am i able to buy the 3g iphone at the 199$/299$ price THEN switch to my own number? my sim card right now is 3g due to myblackjack.

Quick question for my iPhone AOL AIM users...

Can you join chatrooms that have been created by sidekick users? If so what type of program are you using.

will the new iphone have MMS? Man, they better
smh.gif

sorry if i'm late...but did anyone watch the guided tour and notice the AIM application available to download? if the phone def has the aim app i will defbe getting this phone...having aim on the go alone is worth the extra 15 bucks imma have to pay a month (this way i won't have to get a sk just for aim andpay 30 extra bucks like i used to do)

Edit:
I also heard that you have to trade your original iphone in in order to get the 200/300 price...anyone know bout this

Originally Posted by Illuminati217

sorry if i'm late...but did anyone watch the guided tour and notice the AIM application available to download? if the phone def has the aim app i will def be getting this phone...having aim on the go alone is worth the extra 15 bucks imma have to pay a month (this way i won't have to get a sk just for aim and pay 30 extra bucks like i used to do)

Edit:
I also heard that you have to trade your original iphone in in order to get the 200/300 price...anyone know bout this

if you have the original iphone, you do not have to trade it in for the special pricing.
will the new iphone have MMS? Man, they better
i've read that it should, not 100% certain.

Quick FYI....

If you bought the original Iphone and sold it. You may not be eligible to get the $199/$299 price on the new Iphone. Check with your Att store. We've had afew people sell there old Iphones and come in to check eligibility and they gonna have to pay the $399/$499 price. Unless the manager of the store feels likebeing generious and researching them. but odds are if you show up that day then you'll have to pay the higher price but if you go in before friday and talkwith the manager he may put a note in your account and let u get the cheaper rate.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Quick question for my iPhone AOL AIM users...

Can you join chatrooms that have been created by sidekick users? If so what type of program are you using.

There is no legit Aim ap for the Iphone its coming out this week or next week.

No the deal is if you purchased your phone after may 27th, then you trade your phone in and get a free one.

Also the new phone will not have native MMS support, but its pretty likely that there will be an application that will enable some sort of MMS

ok i got a question... since this is NT and were tryin to make some money...

I have a regular Iphone and I know I am eligible for uprade and all that... If I go and buy a 3g iphone for $200 on Friday, get the $30 plan activated, sell iton Ebay for a boatload of cash, then tell Att that I "lost" my phone, can I just go to the same Att store and buy another 3g phone for $200 to keepfor myself without having to sign another contract?

You can also think of this - someone buys a phone for contract price, actually loses it, can they buy the same phone for the same contract price?

Apple is making it hard for you resellers. JUST TO GET THE PHONE, you need your SSN, ID, and an existing ATT contract.

And I really dont think they will sell well. They have millions of these being shipped.

Originally Posted by Illuminati217

sorry if i'm late...but did anyone watch the guided tour and notice the AIM application available to download? if the phone def has the aim app i will def be getting this phone...having aim on the go alone is worth the extra 15 bucks imma have to pay a month (this way i won't have to get a sk just for aim and pay 30 extra bucks like i used to do)

Edit:

If you copped an iPhone AFTER MAY 27th then you can return it for the iPhone 3G and get difference refunded back to you MINUS the restocking fee.

ConcordFlightXI,

Keep in mind that the iPhone 3G is already subsidized so once you purchase it at the subsidized price you're not elgible for an upgrade for anotherwhat, 22 months I believe. Your theory sounds good, but I highly doubt that it will work without AT&T finding some way to nail you to the wall.

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

Apple is making it hard for you resellers. JUST TO GET THE PHONE, you need your SSN, ID, and an existing ATT contract.

And I really dont think they will sell well. They have millions of these being shipped.

You HAVE to purchase or already have an AT&T account in order to purchase the iPhone. I think they're definitely going to sell.

But how does Att handle lost phones?
Do they not let you buy the same phone that you lost for at most the same price you bought it for? I've heard people losing their $200 phones and onlyhaving to pay at most $50 to get the same one.

I'm not even looking to buy the "replacement" one for $50, I'm fine if they sell it for $200, just as long as they sell it to me Nahyimsayin?

ok so i got my iphone for my birthday on May 22nd can someone help me out and tell me am i gonna have to pay full price?

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

you can do MMS from a jailbroken iphone

cool.. there goes one downfall fixed.. +1

Aim - will be available in the AppStore +1
105/mth for 900 minutes, unlimited data/email, 1500 text, unlimited nights/weekends.. rollever m2m etc. (only 10-15 more than my sk3/nextel bill) +1

my only question is whats good with the ringtones?

Originally Posted by ConcordFlightXI

Do they not let you buy the same phone that you lost for at most the same price you bought it for? I've heard people losing their $200 phones and only having to pay at most $50 to get the same one.

I'm not even looking to buy the "replacement" one for $50, I'm fine if they sell it for $200, just as long as they sell it to me Nahyimsayin?

If you have insurance you can pay the $50 deductable (until Nov 1. then PDA's are 125) to get another one. If you don't have insurance you'vegot 3 options really...Full Retail price, Secured offer or buying the $40 replacement phone. Iphone isn't insurable tho

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

ok so i got my iphone for my birthday on May 22nd can someone help me out and tell me am i gonna have to pay full price?

if by full price your reffering to the $199(8gb) $299(16gb) then yes if your reffering to the at&t non-eligible upgrade price of $399 and $499 then no

Originally Posted by ConcordFlightXI

Do they not let you buy the same phone that you lost for at most the same price you bought it for? I've heard people losing their $200 phones and only having to pay at most $50 to get the same one.

true you can pay the $50 ($125 for PDAs) deductable if you file an insurance claim but the iPhone is only one that uninsurable

Back
Top Bottom