iPhone: Post everything here

was in south beach the day of the release... and sole my 8G OG phone for 200 cash up front... so $100 for the new one was an easy YES

As of now, I have an old iphone with firmware 1.1.4 and it is unlocked (t-mobile) and jailbroken. As of right now, I have installed (through the installer)videorecorder, Icopter, Simport, AM messaging, iSMS, phonezap, and collage.

What else do you guys recommend as far as apps from the installer?

thanks guys

installer apps are weak in comparison to the appstore. I upgraded to 2.0, but I'd get summerboard for sure. Also check out categories, it makes the phonelook so much cleaner

Originally Posted by jfreak23

i would recommend the incase slider. i bought this for my iphone the old one though i dont know if it will fit the new one. cost about 34 or 35 dollars.
pimp.gif

Yes best cas ever i hope it comes in clear this time it looks like itfrom the press release..i had to buy one of the black/clear griffin cases which is pretty good also

Anyone think they'd let me switch my black 16gb for white i mean it's a exchange basically i wouldnt see any reason i can't

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

installer apps are weak in comparison to the appstore. I upgraded to 2.0, but I'd get summerboard for sure. Also check out categories, it makes the phone look so much cleaner

yeah, but for now, that's all I have is the installer apps since 2.0 will RELOCK itself to AT T if I update it since it is unlocked and jailbroken.I'm waiting for the jailbreak for the 2.0 so for now, what are some must have installer apps?

Originally Posted by sole searchin

installer apps are weak in comparison to the appstore. I upgraded to 2.0, but I'd get
summerboard
for sure. Also check out
categories
, it makes the phone look so much cleaner

yeah, but for now, that's all I have is the installer apps since 2.0 will RELOCK itself to AT T if I update it since it is unlocked and jailbroken. I'm waiting for the jailbreak for the 2.0 so for now, what are some must have installer apps?
Summer board, categories, mxtube, Swirly MMS are a few must haves

just updated my 1st gen to 2.0. pretty sweet. the app store is killin' 'em, although some of the apps are kinda over priced imo. too bad they dont havevideos up of them, rather than screen shots.
i just have aim, light, myspace, google and ebay so far. have not decided what to buy yet, any suggestions?

stillmatic - try out loopd if you have some friends with an iphone. It shows where they're at in relation to you, kinda creepy but cool as %@@# at the sametime and it's free. I just bought the southpark game but it's not that cool for $10

my cousin gave me his broken iphone.
laugh.gif
what a coincidence for it to break right when the 3g iphone comes out too. everything is in good condition but thetouchscreen isn't functioning properly. the bottom row with the most important functions like phone and mail doesn't work and the middle rowdoesn't work either. is there anyway in fixing this? i want to try and fix it but if not, then i'm just going to unlock it and try to fetch whatever ican on ebay.

Originally Posted by sole searchin

installer apps are weak in comparison to the appstore. I upgraded to 2.0, but I'd get summerboard for sure. Also check out categories, it makes the phone look so much cleaner

yeah, but for now, that's all I have is the installer apps since 2.0 will RELOCK itself to AT T if I update it since it is unlocked and jailbroken. I'm waiting for the jailbreak for the 2.0 so for now, what are some must have installer apps?

Wait..... so if I were to update my unlocked iPhone it won't Brick it'll just go back to being locked???

so0o, I just (finally) copped an iPhone
pimp.gif

should be coming this week. I'm gonna need to be pointed in the right direction as to how to unlock/jailbreak and what programs work best to do this in thenear future. I definitely wanna get the NES emulator,T'zones for the internet, must have apps, etc. I'm a Apple n00b 100%
laugh.gif

anyone wanna school me?
nerd.gif
I'd greatlyappreciate it

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

good looks, i see that takes up your sms messages though fam! i'm goood!
smile.gif

You can turn that feature off I believe in "settings", not positive though.

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

It really irks me that you can't copy and paste. Has this been a big problem for some of you?

lets just say my memory is through the roof because of this phone. i hate the fact that i can't copy n paste but it's not a huge problem. i wouldmostly be copying phone numbers and all numbers are turned into links that auto call. as for internet links, it's a bit of a pain, but with everything elsethis phone does right, i can overlook it.

what i really hate is that even w/ the jailbreak, i can't send MMS on ATT w/o adding a plan to my phone.

blah!

For everyone that's looking for the invisible shield screen protectors just go to an att/apple retail store. Or get a pack of them from dlo.com

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

so0o, I just (finally) copped an iPhone
pimp.gif

should be coming this week. I'm gonna need to be pointed in the right direction as to how to unlock/jailbreak and what programs work best to do this in the near future. I definitely wanna get the NES emulator,T'zones for the internet, must have apps, etc. I'm a Apple n00b 100%
laugh.gif

anyone wanna school me?
nerd.gif
I'd greatly appreciate it
To jailbreak mine I used iLiberty. It will come with a program called cydia by default which is like Installer. From there go into Cydia and justsearch for Installer and download that. Once you have Installer, go nuts. Just look through programs that sound cool to you and grab those since everything isfree. I'd suggest Summer Board as the first thing you get so you can add themes to your phone. For the Nes emulator just download it from Installer andthen follow these directions (just google'd them) First, install the NES emulator found in Installer.app Then, tap on installer.app, tap on Sources, tap onEdit (top right of screen), then tap on Add (top right of screen). Enter the following after http:// markmon.mine.nu:90/iphone/repo/repo.plist Then go back toInstall and install Bigboss' NES Roms package (found in the Games section). Then tap on NES on your homescreen. You will now have approx seventy ROMs(Mario, Zelda etc) ready to play, complete with game save feature. This really has to be the easiest way to get ROMs onto your touch.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Is there a way to sign out of the screen name you first use on theaim application, and than sign in with a different name????[/color]

I had the weirdest experience. For a while, my iPhone had a part of the screen that wasn't "touchable". Like if you turned it sideways and triedto type, M and K wouldn't be typed. In calculator, the whole first row wasn't working (1,2,3) and delete on voicemail wasn't working. I took it mylocal Apple Store yesterday to get fixed or at least to figure out what was going on. I wanted to sell this thing on eBay but I didn't want to sell it ifit didn't work properly. Anyways... so the guy informs me that he had NEVER seen anything like that before and he'd worked on more than his fair shareof iPhones. So he tells me it's not the software and that I'm 2 months out of warranty. At this point, everything starts looking bad. He then finisheshis sentence with "but I'm gonna swap it out for a new one anyways because this is just weird. Give me a minute to fill out the properpaperwork." Now I have a brand new first gen iPhone to sell on eBay and with good luck, I should be able to sell it and get enough for it to buy the new3G iPhone and maybe some cash to spare (prices on eBay are
eek.gif
). Anyways... that's my story. I just felt I needed to share. I didn't get the 3G whileI was there because some guy that was buying his said he was in line for 2 and a half hours so I'll just try on a weekday.

Oh and... how do you make your passcode pad invisible? Someone mentioned it in another thread.

Back
Top Bottom