iPhone: Post everything here

i tried going through apple's website for a school discount and I found my school qualifies but it doesn't show any change in price? Do I have to goto a regular apple store and ask them what the discount is?

yeah, i dont know what people know... so i'll just say... you will never know... apple always does have surprises, im pretty sure they will do a 32gb, justhave no clue when. im still thinking about that 16gb though... i hear the battery life is HORRIBLE. some folks who have the 1st gen say it sucks, i have it andim happy with it. they say the 3g battery is the worst yet, with no improvement... 3g owners care to share their thoughts?

as for videos and movies on my 8g...
flashing lights, thriller, i like the way you move, honey, alright

tv shows
5 chappelle shows ( some of my favs), 2 south parks, and one martin ep... i switch these in and out

movies
i usually can squeeze in one or two... but i switch from
the last dragon, coming to america, transformers, napoleon dynamite and borat

smile.gif

thanks handbrake!

so i just unlocked+jailbroke my 1st gen iphone w/ pwnage tool 2.0 and i must say that was pointless....other than being able to swap out my new sim w/ thephone and use it, there are no apps in cydia. i can't wait for installer support. until then i'm not touching my 3g iphone. just doesn't seem worthit

blah!

anyone with the Incase slider case get scratches on their phone after putting it on? is there a way to avoid scratches in the corners?

I tried putting small pieces of tissue in the corners for protection against scratches but I'm not sure if it's gonna work. the case looks great, but Igot a few small scratches on the bottom of my iPhone while putting it on. I got the white Incase slider btw:

iphone-slider-case.jpg

is there a better case that you guys would recommend? which case does not scratch the phone?

Originally Posted by jay kickz till i die

so i just unlocked+jailbroke my 1st gen iphone w/ pwnage tool 2.0 and i must say that was pointless....other than being able to swap out my new sim w/ the phone and use it, there are no apps in cydia. i can't wait for installer support. until then i'm not touching my 3g iphone. just doesn't seem worth it

blah!

So what exactly was added to your phone by updating? AIM and what else?

my friend'a been wanting to get the new one but he just can't get it
laugh.gif
he's camped out like 3 times and all 3 times they were sold out.

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

so i just unlocked+jailbroke my 1st gen iphone w/ pwnage tool 2.0 and i must say that was pointless....other than being able to swap out my new sim w/ the phone and use it, there are no apps in cydia. i can't wait for installer support. until then i'm not touching my 3g iphone. just doesn't seem worth it

blah!

So what exactly was added to your phone by updating? AIM and what else?

there are a butt load of apps in the app store. a lot of which are surprisingly good. personally i have aim, remote, brickbreaker, ign, yelp, facebook,etc...those are the ones i have loaded on my phone currently but there are a bunch more i have dl'd on my computer. developers have done great things. ionly unlocked+jailbroke my phone so i could change my theme so i'm waiting for installer support to do just that...

blah!

finally got my iphone unlocked under 2.0. took me hours because it wouldn't reboot properly and had to find out what was wrong. i'm pissed b/c ican't even look through the app store or anything because of the damn "no sim card" notification. my touchscreen is dead where i would have topress "ok". gonna post it up on ebay now. can't believe a broken iphone can sell for upwards of $200+
eek.gif

who upgraded their 1st gen to 2.0?

was it worth it? whats some major difference? sell me!

im thinking of upgrading, cant decide

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

anyone with the Incase slider case get scratches on their phone after putting it on? is there a way to avoid scratches in the corners?

I tried putting small pieces of tissue in the corners for protection against scratches but I'm not sure if it's gonna work. the case looks great, but I got a few small scratches on the bottom of my iPhone while putting it on. I got the white Incase slider btw:

iphone-slider-case.jpg

is there a better case that you guys would recommend? which case does not scratch the phone?

do you have a 3G? because that case is for the original iphone. possibly why you scratched it.

Originally Posted by ii2cky

who upgraded their 1st gen to 2.0?

was it worth it? whats some major difference? sell me!

im thinking of upgrading, cant decide

there isn't anything compatible with 2.0 yet besides a snes app. if you have a lot of apps installed on an earlier version then you should wait a coupleof days or about a week for developers to make their apps compatible with 2.0. i guess it's only beneficial to get the upgrade to 2.0 to get into the appstore. i don't even know if the app store works though since i can't test it out on my iphone.

blah!
the whole point was to get the AppStore if you were a 1st gen user...if you have a 3G already...then yes it was pointless. Cydia always has been more acommand-line driven group

Does anyone else have problems with Safari?? Sometimes when im on a website it takes me off and sends me to the home screen!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Everytime i go on Niketalk i gotta read everything in a hurry, its real annoying!

i think the problem w/ safari ur having is cuz ur not letting the page load.

i have that problem sometime when theres tons of pics on the page and im tryna scroll down

it brings you back to home page so it prevents the phone from crashing, thats what i think at least

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

I tried putting small pieces of tissue in the corners for protection against scratches but I'm not sure if it's gonna work. the case looks great, but I got a few small scratches on the bottom of my iPhone while putting it on. I got the white Incase slider btw:

iphone-slider-case.jpg

I've got that exact case and I didn't have any problems with scratches. I got the phone and case back in March, along with some of the Crystalanti-glare covers for the screen. Out of the box, into the case. I just took it out for the first time this month and the phone still looks flawless. I've got quite a few friends with the phone and they've all ended up with this case after they checked mine out.

To everyone who placed an order at the at&t store how long did it take to receive your phone?? how long did it take for them to call you???

Can someone help me out, please?
I tried posting my own topic, but no help I was looking for...

My old computer, XPS 1710, has been broken and I just got this new one, XPS 1730 Vista.
My problem is, I would like to be able to sync my iPhone with it but I know that it only responds to my iTunes library on my old pc. Is there a way to get myiPhone to sync to my new pc by trasferring my iTunes library somehow, without the "Transfer Purchase" thing?

I can still use my old laptop, but only on Safe Mode and it doesn't even allow me to open up iTunes.

I haven't been able to sync anything on my iPhone for like a month now
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom