iPhone: Post everything here

I HATE this new 2.0 update. I downloaded it the other day for my OG iphone and it runs hellllllla slow now.

It hella lags when im typing a text message or anything that has to do with the keyboard lags like hell. I feel like my phone runs slower also.

anybody else have this problem?

Another question...I've got a 1st gen 1.1.4 unlocked iPhone...if I connect to iTunes to get free apps...will it brick my phone?
I had a jailbroken 1.1.4 also. I updated mine to 2.0 last week. Didnt do anything. Now I just have to unlock it again.

So I get my discount back with the iPhone 3G?!?!?!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

27% is no joke. I mean, I pay 70 for the plan (Family that I split with my girl so it's only 35) and I was paying 40 for unlimited everything on the iPhone(text/data). That made it 75 a month. So 10 more is 85... 27% off that is around 62 bucks. I'm dumb hyped.

Does this mean I have to buy it at AT&T though? So much of a hassle.

SUCKAFREE85 wrote:
I HATE this new 2.0 update. I downloaded it the other day for my OG iphone and it runs hellllllla slow now.

It hella lags when im typing a text message or anything that has to do with the keyboard lags like hell. I feel like my phone runs slower also.

anybody else have this problem?

Another question...I've got a 1st gen 1.1.4 unlocked iPhone...if I connect to iTunes to get free apps...will it brick my phone?
I had a jailbroken 1.1.4 also. I updated mine to 2.0 last week. Didnt do anything. Now I just have to unlock it again.

Several people that I talked to in line, had that problem too.

so im thinking about updating to 2.0 but i got a few questions(my iphone is jailbroken btw):
will restoring my phone meaning losing all my contacts as well?
is there an app that enables custom wallpaper?

For those waiting to get their iPhone and use the iphone availability checker, here is a tip I found on an Apple site. I don't think it has been posted.
To check the availability any time of the day, set the computer clock to after 9:00 pm. I don't know if it updates through the day but I checked my storelast night and they were all red and now they have one model in stock. Hope this helps someone.

^I tried that changing my clock for the availability checker and it worked lol.

One of the stores I see has the 8GB but not 16GBs. What if you get the 8GB model, and later decide you need more space and return it for the 16GB, would theylet you and you would just be charged the $100 difference, or would you also get the 10% restocking fee?

mac heads: go out and get pwnagetool2.0
window heads like myself have to wait patiently for winpwn.
good luck

will restoring my phone meaning losing all my contacts as well?

No. Everytime you connect your iphone to Itunes it saves everything. Once you upgrade it will restore your phone and everything you had before will be onthere again.

This is a noob question, but I don't know what to do and my Google searching efforts have failed me. I just got a new PC this week and am worried whatsgonna happen when I plug my iPhone into this iTunes for the first time. How do I not manage to lose all the phones info, I could care less about the music andthe playlists. I am more concerned with the contacts/notes/photos...etc....any help?? Thanks in advance.

yo does anyone know how to redeem the free ringtone from AT&T? i signed up for online billing or whatever, now what do i do lol?

Anybody got a bluetooth headset for the phone? I hear the apple one sucks...and that's one of the few bt headsets compatible with the iphone

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

The good news is that dev-team will release a new version of their infamous PwnageTool. The new version number is 2.0 and the release will happen in the beginning of next week. The good part continues: the tools will do all the magic for 1st generation iPhones upgraded to 2.0 firmware. It will jailbreak, activate, enable 3rd party apps with Installer, enable Apple AppStore and also it will unlock the iPhone. That IS really good news!
This will be available for windows right?

WHOA!!! I read the discount is on both voice/data, but forreal ATT and Apple need to educate their employees on this cause i'm getting different stories each time. For those of yall with the discount, which is it off of?
I get it off both, but I think I'm an exception and I think its mainly just Voice for most people, on the old phone mine was just voice, butnow its both.

laugh.gif
I don't know how you dudes can deal with this unlocking #**
laugh.gif
dudes for all that #** you gotta go thru I'd just cop an at&t account andcancel my current service provider(which I have) also...I've been told that you can't use the 3G service on any other provider..seeing as how thefrequencies are different. If so
laugh.gif
@ getting a 3g iphone only to run edge on another carrier
laugh.gif

i got a white 16 gig , only trouble im having is with the gmail

when i delete emails on my phoen it also deleutes them on my main gmail on pc which i do not want to do !

if u can help me be able to delete from phone but keep in my gmail inbox please lt me know

Back
Top Bottom