iPhone: Post everything here

Can anyone confirm the following: I was told today by a friend that when Apple releases the new 3G capable iPhone that you'll be able to get a $200 rebatefor the phone. I looked online when I got home today and came across a few articles that seemed to confirm this and what I was able to get from the articles isthat you need to sign a two year contract with AT&T in order to get the $200 rebate on the 3G iPhone. Basically just wondering if anyone knows this for afact or if its just speculation. Looks like i'll be passing up the Bold on Verizon and switching over to AT&T for an iPhone in a couple of months.

It's official, I have parted ways with AT&T and the iPhone. The only thing I'm worried about now is when exactly does the early termination feecome?

Originally Posted by LeroyTheGreat38

It's official, I have parted ways with AT&T and the iPhone. The only thing I'm worried about now is when exactly does the early termination fee come?
y

Originally Posted by czur1127

Originally Posted by LeroyTheGreat38

It's official, I have parted ways with AT&T and the iPhone. The only thing I'm worried about now is when exactly does the early termination fee come?
y

The service was just awful in my house and at my uncles house which is where I spend most of my time. I had great service when I first bought the phoneawhile back but it's gone downhill since then.

^No, ATT has exclusive rights to the iPhone I think for 4 more years. It was supposed to be 2, and I think they extended it to 5.

Originally Posted by J SUPER

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Is it true that the new iPhone will not use a sim card?
datll be smart but i doubt it

Well not quite..I mean a good majority of iphone sales were made only because people knew there was finally a way to hack them and use under tmobile...andother companies that use sim cards.

Also if the iphone 2 is released already unlocked that'll be so cool..but I don't think that would happen.

I just talked to a friend at ATT Corporate. She said it'll be released on June 9th, and I haven't gone through all of these pages with rumors andwhatever the hell else but I'm gonna take her word for it. Didn't get any details either, just asked through a text.

^^ I read somewhere that the announcement was June 9th and the release will be June 18th.
Either way I can't wait to see some pics
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by AJChick23

Originally Posted by J SUPER

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Is it true that the new iPhone will not use a sim card?
datll be smart but i doubt it

Well not quite..I mean a good majority of iphone sales were made only because people knew there was finally a way to hack them and use under tmobile...and other companies that use sim cards.

Also if the iphone 2 is released already unlocked that'll be so cool..but I don't think that would happen.

it will also cost 2 times the price. unlocked phones aint cheap
laugh.gif

^We're talking domestic. I realize it's been released worldwide, but it's only available for service in the US legally through ATT.

Mine is scheduled to arrive today!! Had to get mine off eBay since I'm in Canada. I'm sure I'll be posting here very soon with my noobiequestions...get ready!

Eventho I paid $640 for an unlocked 16GB, I think its going to be more (plus ridiculous 3 year plans (Rogers)) once it officially comes out here in Canada.

Happy I joined the club

^I mean I paid $654 or whatever it is with tax on the 8GB when it first came out last summer.

Current iPhone users, are you guys considering upgrading? I don't know if I can justify spending another $400 or so just for GPS and 3G, especially whenthe current Google Maps system works well for me and most places I go have wireless. I guess we'll have to wait and see its features.

im glad i waited a year ...was hoping this would happen its been killing me not to get a iphone but im ready when the new one comes out

The service was just awful in my house and at my uncles house which is where I spend most of my time. I had great service when I first bought the phone awhile back but it's gone downhill since then.

I had the same exact problem. I got my phone swapped at the Apple store for free cause I was still under warranty and it's much better so far,but we'llsee. You should try that while you can still get back.

man i cant wait for the new iphone, sucks that i already have one. I mean dont get me wrong, i have modded it up the ***, SNES, NES, GBA, BAND, VIDEO RECORDER,CAMERAPRO, ISIM, ILOG goes on and on. but to think what the new iphone will have stock, oh what a wet dream.

this may be a dumb question but i just bought an iphone. installed the itunes and it didn't register up with my phone and sim... what else do i have to doto get it to work.

^ who did you buy it from? apple? I recommend you just either pwnage tool for mac or winpwn and unlock that bad boy.

Back
Top Bottom