Irony, defined [PIC]

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

since when did "pop culture" become an accurate measure of someone's intelligence?

people who are vastly knowledgeable in "pop culture" tend to be smarter than your avg person. because they read up on stuff etc IMO

Oh okay i getz it nao.
I didn't read 1984, but knowing Orwell's work like Animal Farm leads me to believe the irony lies in his opposition to police-states, and despite that, there is a sign of some sort indicating that people inside a memorial to George Orwell is being carefully monitored....yeah? 

Originally Posted by Gucci Mane

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

since when did "pop culture" become an accurate measure of someone's intelligence?

people who are vastly knowledgeable in "pop culture" tend to be smarter than your avg person. because they read up on stuff etc
Knowledge isn't linear and theres always going to be a pop culture reference you wont know yourself...
 Can you watch the simpsons/family guy and catch every single pop culture reference made in an episode?

we all spend our lives learning random things. Dont think the stuff you spend your time on is any more important than the next guy's...

picture-4.png

^Lee I was actually directing that question to the individual that used the term.
Now as far as this being basic education,George Orwell is a name that i've heard on numerous occasions throughout my 25 years on this planet,however i've never picked up any literature concerning him (independently) nor was it required for us to read anything concerning him when I was in school (Damn you DCPS!!!!).I was under the impression that things like English,Mathematics and Science were basic education,but hey..............when you have that top tier edumacation I guess that things like this are a requirement.I will be checking out "1984" because I personally haven't read a book from front to back in a while and this sounds like a good read.

Back
Top Bottom