Is anyone even anticipating "God Forgives, I Don't"?

I'm a huge Ross fan so despite the extremely weak singles I'm still majorly looking forward to this.

I'm holding out hope that he returns to that Deeper Than Rap mafia don type rap instead of these insanely repetitive trap songs.

To me, his buzz right now is nothing compared to what it was in the months and weeks leading up to Teflon Don. MC Hammer and BMF were everywhere.

Just have to wait and see but I have faith in the BAWSE

If anything I'm anticipating more lies from Rick FRAUD just to stay the course.  If and when his album gets pushed backed...............AGAIN, expect another "alleged seizure". 

I'm checking for it...not highly anticipated like Life is Good, but I'm looking forward to hearing it.

How quickly things change.

With that said, they could change again and he could get back on track.

To think a few months ago, people were referring to this as his "era". HA!

Originally Posted by illphillip

How quickly things change.

With that said, they could change again and he could get back on track.

^ This

Was never his era dude was never as big as he made himself out to be some people just fell for the hype word to dudes callin him the "hottest rapper in the game"
roll.gif
dudes a cartoon

Yall keep throwing shots but I'm waiting on somebody to really dispute what I'm saying. His track record speaks for itself, what rapper has been more consistent than this man the past few years? Don't worry I'll wait

Originally Posted by The 7th Mile

Yall keep throwing shots but I'm waiting on somebody to really dispute what I'm saying. His track record speaks for itself, what rapper has been more consistent than this man the past few years? Don't worry I'll wait

Consistent in what sense?

Jay?
Kanye?
Wayne?
Drake?
Jeezy?
Waka?
Wiz?
Florida?
Pibull?
BOB?

That's just off the top of my head. Like their music or not, they have all done well for themselves in terms of success in music and touring for several years now. So haven't they all been "consistent"?

All these Ross fans like to talk about how consistent he is and how he makes "good music". But that's all opinion. Opinion's are like $#@+**+!. There isn't a whole lot that actually supports that.

Let me guess, you're another one of these cats who hears Ross call himself a "bawse" enough times that you believe it.

Dude has put out single after single. Little success. No album. Rich Forever by all accounts was a failed album released as a mixtape. His albums don't really sell major numbers.

Now, on the flip, he's done a great job of building a brand and a label. Again, as a marketer and a business man, he gets my respect. Because y'all really believe the hype.

Like I said, in this business, this could flip quickly. So it's no shots.

Rich Forever was the best tape to drop this year. Am I missing something?

Yes, you are missing alot.
4Eva N a Day
Habits & Contradictions
Taylor Allerdice

Self Made 2 is about to drop... I'm sure that'll catch the attention of a lot of people...

He'll capitalize of that buzz for his project that drop about a month later... Wouldn't make sense if he doesn't...

Most of the tracks on Rich Forever were throw away tracks, so I'm sure that his next project will be solid...

IllPhil kickin science

Ross kept telling people he was the biggest and best and eventually people bought in same thing when wayne kept sayin he was the best rapper alive people believed it because he kept saying it

but by the way Ross fans act you'd think he had a string of platinum albums or some %#%% or even one maybe

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

And hottest rapper in the game? Get serious, he's not even the hottest rapper on his own label, Meek's buzz is bigger than Ross' right now........yes i'm serious.
You're not wrong.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I remember around Gucci's peak cats on here were saying some extra outlandish !!%% too, specifically certain comparisons to Jeezy. Dudes stay living in the moment.

Im a Rawse fan and I will admit I have started to listen less since he has continued to take on this current sound.

Consistent in what sense?

Jay?
Kanye?
Wayne?
Drake?
Jeezy?
Waka?
Wiz?
Florida?
Pibull?
BOB?

That's just off the top of my head. Like their music or not, they have all done well for themselves in terms of success in music and touring for several years now. So haven't they all been "consistent"?

All these Ross fans like to talk about how consistent he is and how he makes "good music". But that's all opinion. Opinion's are like $#@+**+!. There isn't a whole lot that actually supports that.

Let me guess, you're another one of these cats who hears Ross call himself a "bawse" enough times that you believe it.

Dude has put out single after single. Little success. No album. Rich Forever by all accounts was a failed album released as a mixtape. His albums don't really sell major numbers.

Now, on the flip, he's done a great job of building a brand and a label. Again, as a marketer and a business man, he gets my respect. Because y'all really believe the hype.

Like I said, in this business, this could flip quickly. So it's no shots.
You named all of those dudes but aside from Kanye all of those dudes have some questionable projects under their belt and in no way, shape, or form have consistently put out as much good music as the Ross. If we not going off the music, then what are we going on? Album sales? Tours? I'm talking about the music flat out. In a climate of rap where everybody making pop records, its refreshing to me to hear a dude that's actually RAPPING. Not singing with autotune, (or singing period), not playing an electric guitar, not screaming at the top of his lungs saying ignorant #+@+, just a dude actually spitting. Nah OG, I could give two **@#% about him being a "bawse" or how long it took dude to get his degree in Criminal Justice, none of that #+@+ matters to me but the MUSIC. The entertainment aspect.I was a big WWF/WCW fan back in the day, I could care less about what Chris Benoit was doing to his kids at home as long as when 8:00pm on Monday night came he was putting _s in the crippler crossface. Ross didn't build me up to believe nothing besides the fact that he is an above average rapper in a game filled with wack ones.

When has Ross dropped a wack project ever to make you not anticipate him dropping? Yall forgetting he working with Alc, Dre, Timbo, etc on the album. Rich Forever was the best tape to drop this year. Am I missing something?

All of this, and...
Ross is 5 albums in, hes an established and solidified artist that doesn't need "buzz" or "hype" need to build around the release date of an album. Everyone in the Hip-Hop crowd knows when this album drops. Dude drops vlogs every other day.

And yes, I will purchase on release date from Best Buy.

Back
Top Bottom