Is Arizona really that bad?

So as long as you're black or white in AZ you are good?
I wonder how an Asian fits in the equation? :nerd:

I've experienced that type of hate in Minnesota. Apparently they don't get a lot of Asians out there, let alone an Asian American with tattoos as myself. I did think it was odd since there are a lot of black people there but I am reminded that racism isn't always set with blacks as the barometer. Just experienced odd reponses when I was in resturants out there. Also when I was flying back to SF, my wife and I got split up since we boarded late and there was one seat available next to a white lady and she told me I couldn't sit there when there. A stewardess told me I had to and the lady clung on to her husbands arm the whole flight. I thought that was the oddest thing ever.

You'll like the winter warmth. But come that summer 100+ degree day n night. Not so sure it will be as pleasant. I'll take my 60 degree cali winter over 114 degree summer any day

Last edited:
I wonder how an Asian fits in the equation? :nerd:

I've experienced that type of hate in Minnesota. Apparently they don't get a lot of Asians out there, let alone an Asian American with tattoos as myself. I did think it was odd since there are a lot of black people there but I am reminded that racism isn't always set with blacks as the barometer. Just experienced odd reponses when I was in resturants out there. Also when I was flying back to SF, my wife and I got split up since we boarded late and there was one seat available next to a white lady and she told me I couldn't sit there when there. A stewardess told me I had to and the lady clung on to her husbands arm the whole flight. I thought that was the oddest thing ever.
A white person being scared of an Asian? :lol:
That's a new concept to me tbh

I wonder how an Asian fits in the equation?
nerd.gif
A white person being scared of an Asian?
laugh.gif

That's a new concept to me tbh
must have just got out of a WW2 bomb shelter

See i dont believe the racism thing, lived in PHX for 10 months and I experienced 10x the racism in my 2 minutes in west virginia

West Virginia is wild too. But when i was in Arizona Mexicans and Native American were getting harassed left and right. I went to the movies and families were getting arrested and warnings for waiting outside for the movie times. Cops following kids through the mall and people talking crazy to minorities in customer service jobs etc. The local news only talking about minority crimes. Just peeping the scene and talking to people I noticed that the treatment was different for them.

See i dont believe the racism thing, lived in PHX for 10 months and I experienced 10x the racism in my 2 minutes in west virginia

West Virginia is wild too. But when i was in Arizona Mexicans and Native American were getting harassed left and right. I went to the movies and families were getting arrested and warnings for waiting outside for the movie times. Cops following kids through the mall and people talking crazy to minorities in customer service jobs etc. The local news only talking about minority crimes. Just peeping the scene and talking to people I noticed that the treatment was different for them.

I'm not saying those things don't happen, but I am detecting some exaggeration here.

Last edited:

You were tatted up and she never saw an Asian she was def shook. They fear what they don't know or understand. It's foolishness

Used to go WV all the time bc my pops was locked up there. He was located in Morgantown, WV. That place is one of the scariest places in America for a miniority. They are seriously stuck back in time. I remember around the age of 11 and me and moms stopping at a gas station and the store literally stopping. WV and the Appalachian mountains area are just not civilized enough for people of different back grounds or thoughts.

Last edited:
Used to go WV all the time bc my pops was locked up there. He was located in Morgantown, WV. That place is one of the scariest places in America for a miniority. They are seriously stuck back in time. I remember around the age of 11 and me and moms stopping at a gas station and the store literally stopping. WV and the Appalachian mountains area are just not civilized enough for people of different back grounds or thoughts.
I felt the same way about parts of West Texas when I was driving through. I was a little older then you were (22), so I wasn't necessarily afraid but kept thinking to myself what the **** are these people looking at. 

I go down to the PHX area about once a year on vacation.

My boys love go clubbing in Scottsdale. I couldn't live there, but its cool for 2-3 days.

Tempe/Scottsdale is pretty dope.  Some of the hottest girls out of anywhere I been and I've lived in both LA and SD.  Much lower cost of living compared to Bay Area, SD and LA.  Same type of weather/climate as Vegas.  Mill Ave. in Tempe and Old Town in Scottsdale are the turn up spots.  Food scene is wack compared to Bay Area and LA.  I'm asian male with a daughter with a blonde blue eyed white woman and I've never had any issues there besides being stopped once driving in AZ back to Cali and there were some kind of border set up asking if you were a U.S Citizen but they were doing that with every car driving through.  Not much asians and blacks, mostly whites and mexicans

Last edited:
You were tatted up and she never saw an Asian she was def shook. They fear what they don't know or understand. It's foolishness

It was definitely was a combination of things. I do usually wear pretty decently formal stuff but I think I was in my NT gear that day with a fitted hat, some Thrasher shirt, sneaks, etc. I was there for a wedding (ironically my asian cousins married a white girl from there) so wanted to dress down on the flight back. It just sort of reminded me that I live in a bubble in the Bay Area sometimes.

You ain't never lie.when I used to party at WVU and ventured outside of the school and the town of Morgantown I used to get the crazy stares like they never saw a black person before. That place is scary.

Last edited:
Pulled this from College Data site. I guess all the Hispanics/Latinos attending are from AZ?

1.2% American Indian/Alaskan Native
6.0% Asian
4.0% Black/African-American
27.1% Hispanic/Latino
4.6% Multi-race (not Hispanic/Latino)
0.3% Native Hawaiian/ Pacific Islander
55.8% White
0.9% Unknown

This is UC Berkeley in contrast. The wonder every Asian wants to go here.

0.2% American Indian/Alaskan Native
40.9% Asian
2.5% Black/African-American
16.3% Hispanic/Latino
5.5% Multi-race (not Hispanic/Latino)
0.3% Native Hawaiian/ Pacific Islander
31.2% White
3.2% Unknown

aint there a thing called minnesota nice?

I spent the entire summer in AZ, summer was TERRIBLE.

I wouldn't say it was that bad, but I was so glad to leave :lol:

Vegas is becoming a monster imo, but at least you have a lot to do out there. Crime is terrible though.

LA is hands down the winner, then I would probably roll with Vegas, then AZ.

Cost of living alone, Vegas seems like the place to be. AZ might have the better economy though. It isn't bad for liberals btw, just be sure to live in/near Phoenix and you'll be good. I was in Scottsdale. Nice, but boring.

AZ has some serious honiees, good looking women man, left and right. Was in heaven.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom