Is Arizona really that bad?

I'd go to LA or San Diego before AZ. 
I would prefer to go to San Diego, but my money goes A LOT farther in Scottsdale.
laugh.gif

I've been seriously considering a move to Scottsdale within the next year or two.  I'll have a good idea of where my company is at the end of that time period.  Then it will be either ride it out with the company im at now and wait for the buyout and cash out all of my stock and go wherever the **** I want, or the company will be no more and ill get a remote job and move out to AZ.

I can see getting tired of the phoenix area, but at least its not flat.  The thing with Arizona is there are so many different types of areas in the vicinity (forests, deserts, canyons, slot canyons, etc.).  And even outside of AZ there are tons of places to explore in Utah that are a reasonable drive, then you have LV, and California too. I love spending time outdoors, and that area of the country is so appealing to me, I want to explore it so much more.  Growing up in the northeast, it is so much different out there.

I told my wife if we really do move out there, I will get a place up in Sedona so we can at least enjoy the seasons and see some snow here and there.
laugh.gif

Phx Arizona got the car game on lock.
I saw some Ferraris and Rolls when I was there. But I'm from LA and it's common here too.

I have a handful of friends who are millionaires that live in Scottsdale for financial reasons. They travel so much it doesn't matter though. It's interesting that a lot of my friends who moved out there are from the Midwest and east and moved there to escape the snow.

We have our meetings yearly and it's held at the Talking Stick Resort. I've gone there three times and it's boring to me.

Weather in Feb was nice. Went there in August and it was hot but not humid like say, Miami which was gross.

Phx Arizona got the car game on lock.
Yup. Especially the low lows. Central ave/south side still be cracking Sunday nights. Plenty of random car shows on the west side as well. Only USA muscle too :smokin

Last edited:
Salim Stoudamire needs to be the 1st response in any Arizona related state.

Other than me and DC

Ninja/Steezy for NY

He puts his city/state on more than anyone on here.

for OP, why doesn't he just go next door to Arizona's liberal neighbor New Mexico? I'm assuming same type of climate.

Used to go WV all the time bc my pops was locked up there. He was located in Morgantown, WV. That place is one of the scariest places in America for a miniority. They are seriously stuck back in time. I remember around the age of 11 and me and moms stopping at a gas station and the store literally stopping. WV and the Appalachian mountains area are just not civilized enough for people of different back grounds or thoughts.

U not lying. Drove thru a part of WV on my way from VA to Canada and i stopped for gas and some food (cant remember the town, def wasnt Morgantown tho). Bro i never been so uncomfortable and scared in my life (im middle eastern). I said f getting some food, pumped my gas and peeled out with the quickness

Ill say this like I tell everyone here....if you can stand the summers, you have 8 months of damn good weather.  I've been here for 10 years and haven't seen much bullisht.  There is a lot of rednecks down here but they're what I call "fake rednecks"  They have a lifted pickup, a confederate flag and an sidearm but when they see a man of color or minority look them in the face, they look down and away, lol.  Basically, they just wanna look like theyre tough.  Those dudes only are in the rural areas.  They don't come to the city area too much.  Monsoon season aint too bad, basically it rains for a couple hours a day and a dust storm here and there.  AZ will always be a conservative state because of the areas like Payson, Wickenburg and what not but the city areas are liberal and is getting even more liberal with all the Cali transplants we are getting.  Cost of living is low, taxes are low.  You're a 5 hour drive from SD, 6 hours from LA and 4.5 from Vegas.  If you can land a good job or get transferred here, it's pretty good living.

for OP, why doesn't he just go next door to Arizona's liberal neighbor New Mexico? I'm assuming same type of climate.
New Mexico isn't all that liberal one of my college classmates is from there and white people there are racist as hell. She's native American. 
Not to mention it is way colder in ABQ than it is in Phx. Also NM offers none of the advantages AZ does when it comes to women, amenities or general civilization  

Last edited:
New Mexico isn't all that liberal one of my college classmates is from there and white people there are racist as hell. She's native American. 

from what i read da vast majority of da population in New Mexico is native American & hispanics

Lol at some of the posts in this thread!
Racism is everywhere but arizona is not bad!
SuperQ post sums it up tho

from what i read da vast majority of da population in New Mexico is native American & hispanics

https://suburbanstats.org/population/how-many-people-live-in-new-mexico

http://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045215/35

The majority is still white actually

Used to go WV all the time bc my pops was locked up there. He was located in Morgantown, WV. That place is one of the scariest places in America for a miniority. They are seriously stuck back in time. I remember around the age of 11 and me and moms stopping at a gas station and the store literally stopping. WV and the Appalachian mountains area are just not civilized enough for people of different back grounds or thoughts.

It's one of the most chilling experiences to be in one of those hick towns where everyone literally just stops when you enter the establishment. Not even exclusive to the south, happened to me in PA, and I know people where it happened in MD.

As for cars I used to hear a lot of heavy movers used to stay in AZ for some reason. Not sure if it's still at that level.

Last edited:

It's similar in the summer, but we stay warmer in the winter. I believe the big cities of ABQ and Santa Fe are on pretty high elevation

Back
Top Bottom