is blackberry necessary for a university student?

i see a lot of students now that have blackberries....they look so cool, but are they really necessary? I've always thought of them as phones for businessmen. what are ur thoughts?

no.

A computer (especially word processing) is essential to almost every student.

A blackberry is more of an entertainment feature than a tool (unless you REALLY need to be organized) - especially since your not making office board meetingsand client breakfasts'

No, they're not necessary unless you deal with alot of emails and absolutely need them to communicate with business or academic purproses. Not everycollege student use blackberries for the same reason.

iPhone > Blackberry

iPhone is great for a student for many reasons....
Besides the obvious awesome factors.... school related ones would be...
---school e-mail forwarded to my g-mail account which is my synced e-mail on my iPhone =
pimp.gif

---ability to go on the best phone internet/mess around with apps during class if the lecture is REALLY boring that day
---my iPhone is my iPod for listening to music while I walk around school
---Etc etc etc

yes, at least in my case

wired my school email, personall and two business emails to my phone.

love it.

Of course it's not necessary, but if you network/email/use it for work a lot a BB may help you more than a normal phone will.

1) Many are not paying the extra $40 to use the BB functions, just flossing
grin.gif

2) can't afford it, but some are, but its the newest phone
grin.gif

3) NECESSARY: no, functional: yeah

it more so depend on the individual itself. They say it is more business oriented.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

iPhone > Blackberry

---school e-mail forwarded to my g-mail account which is my synced e-mail on my iPhone =
pimp.gif

---ability to go on the best phone internet/mess around with apps during class if the lecture is REALLY boring that day
---Etc etc etc

Maybe if you're 14... I've never met a person who's had a Blackberry and then switched to something else. On the contrary, basically everyone Iknow who had an iPhone eventually made the switch (myself included - I had an iPhone for a total of 8 hours before I decided to sell it). Stupid phone.

um no...u know how many packs of Ramen,McDonald's, alcohol, and scantrons you can buy with that much money! Alot lol

Lol but seriously no it isn't a laptop and reg cell phone will do u just fine
smile.gif

i probably see many students with sidekicks. does that mean they are necessary? come on

I love blackberry and yes I had one in college and I loved it as well. No it's definitely not necessary as my last two years I switched it up and wentwithout and did fine. But it was nice to have and I loved it and I am now back to a BB. Iphone on the other hand can't even receive pix texts can it? Wowawesome phone.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

iPhone > Blackberry

pimp.gif

---Etc etc etc
Maybe if you're 14... I've never met a person who's had a Blackberry and then switched to something else. On the contrary, basically everyone I know who had an iPhone eventually made the switch (myself included - I had an iPhone for a total of 8 hours before I decided to sell it). Stupid phone.
14?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You're corny dude.
I'll never have anything other then an iPhone, like I said iPhone > Blackberry

iPhone > Blackberry

pimp.gif

---Etc etc etc
I think that of those reasons you posted, only the applications are a legitimate advantage.

BlackBerry's are great for email, can be used for music, and has plenty of "Etc etc etc's."

Plus, the BlackBerry Bold is just a cleaner looking phone. Bank on it
pimp.gif

to say the Iphone is stupid is simply idiotic. You are simply hating.

I just graduated, and I found that my iPhone helped me out a ton for the same reasons TBONE mentioned. Only if you receive emails on the regular would I say itis necessary though. Blackberry, iPhone... it doesn't really matter as long as it has email capabilities. I love my iPhone. You would be amazed how manytimes I woke up and had an email on my phone from a teacher saying class is canceled.

I'm on my iPhone types this...awesome phone and I know plenty people who've sold there bb to get this phone. I was one of em I'd recommend thisphone for a college student like myself anyday. BB= Fail

Back
Top Bottom