is blackberry necessary for a university student?

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

iPhone > Blackberry

iPhone is great for a student for many reasons....
Besides the obvious awesome factors.... school related ones would be...
---school e-mail forwarded to my g-mail account which is my synced e-mail on my iPhone =
pimp.gif

---ability to go on the best phone internet/mess around with apps during class if the lecture is REALLY boring that day
---my iPhone is my iPod for listening to music while I walk around school
---Etc etc etc

I have nothing against the iPhone, but this is probably the dumbest list I've seen in awhile.

1. Blackberry OWNS any other phone in the email department--that isn't even up for debate.
2. Music? BB's can do that.
3. Etc, etc, etc......BB's have plenty of those.

The only legit reason you gave is the iPhone's web browser, which is probably the best yet.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

I really don't see many features the iphone has that BB doesn't and vice versa.
true, both are good for college kids
iphone CAN receive picture messages, i just get a link & username/password to some web page where i see em
and i CAN record video too
I gotta say the e-mail is flawless, with all the auto-fill in & ease of use
pimp.gif

F*** Blackberrys, nothing more than an email organizer. Most people own it for the hype.

BlackBerry is a very good phone

Iphone is also a good phone

Windows Phones are good phones

Heck even the little juvenile T-mobile Sidekick is a good phone.

Just read your reviews depending on what you want to use the phone for. After dealing with a Windows Mobile Phone, Im glad I have a Blackberry. As for theIphone, paying $200-$300 for a souped up Ipod is not my style. Plus with ATT not working underground and no Unlimited Texting, I rather stay with Sprint.

Originally Posted by Dhrealtalk

i see a lot of students now that have blackberries....they look so cool, but are they really necessary? I've always thought of them as phones for business men. what are ur thoughts?
What are you going to use it for as a student? I've had 2 Blackberry devices in the last year and I'm still in college. It's cool toget the emails from your professors ASAP and all, but is the plan worth it for to you? I was paying $45 a month with Verizon for unlimited data, but I gotreimbursed monthly for that due to me needing the push email to help out a friend's business. Fast forward to this summer, I no longer help out my buddyso I wouldn't be getting reimbursed so I got rid of the Blackberry and went with a regular phone.

I'd like to say that a good portion of people out there don't use Blackberry devices to its fullest potential.

It's not necessary or even close to it. My professors always joke around and say how their cell phones are 10x cheaper and worst than that of thestudents.

Any mobile phone thread is inevitably going to bring up the Blackberry vs Iphone debate

But at the end of the day a Blackberry is a communication device with some cool features, and a iPhone is a device with some cool features one of them beingphone capabilities.

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

BlackBerry is a very good phone

Iphone is also a good phone

Windows Phones are good phones

Heck even the little juvenile T-mobile Sidekick is a good phone.

Just read your reviews depending on what you want to use the phone for. After dealing with a Windows Mobile Phone, Im glad I have a Blackberry. As for the Iphone, paying $200-$300 for a souped up Ipod is not my style. Plus with ATT not working underground and no Unlimited Texting, I rather stay with Sprint.
/thread.

but..ATT does have unlimited text... i have it on my plan.
dudes should really start hutting up CNET or other tech websites for phone reviews... OR AT LEAST GO TO THE STORE and try them out to see what suits you.

its not necessary but its helpful. i use my blackberry to take notes in class lol. and its like my compact agenda for reminders n appointments.

Necessary? Probably not. Useful? More than likely.

iPhone > Blackberry

---school e-mail forwarded to my g-mail account which is my synced e-mail on my iPhone =
pimp.gif

---ability to go on the best phone internet/mess around with apps during class if the lecture is REALLY boring that day
---Etc etc etc

I have nothing against the iPhone, but this is probably the dumbest list I've seen in awhile.

1. Blackberry OWNS any other phone in the email department--that isn't even up for debate.

The only legit reason you gave is the iPhone's web browser, which is probably the best yet.
I was looking for someone to post this... And I don't understand what's so funny, all the things you(TBONE) mentioned the BB can do. iiPhone got BB on the apps, everything else is pretty much similar.

Originally Posted by KeeDaSneak23

BB= Fail
Ehhh..
ohwell.gif

If you want to have a QWERTY keyboard on your cellphone then yes Blackberry is good, any other reason...No.

If you aren't a heavy email user then you will inherently be ignorant to the glory of blackberries, i chuckle at those of you who say blackberries areoverrated.

if you ever come to a point in your life where you must read at least 30 + emails a day and compose 20+ emails a day, schedule 5 meetings a day to sync w/ yourwork database, etc......then you will know the power of a blackberry.

there are a lot of kids nowadays w/ blackberries w/ no data plan. that is ******ed. and of course an iphone is gonna be cooler for a 16 year old. just like asidekick is cooler than an iphone for a 12 year old middle school girl.

im not saying the i phone is a toy. but personally, i would never ever ever use anything but a blackberry. if i got laid off, had no job, and sat at home allday, then maybe i would consider getting an iphone. but then again...blackberry messenger.....probably not.

iPhone > Blackberry

pimp.gif

---Etc etc etc

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Somehow, this is the answer I expected from you. Very Palin-esque, if I may. Just laugh, carry on and ignore the topic at hand. You've learned well.

Back
Top Bottom