Is drinking Gatorade casually that bad?

I've heard drinking Gatorade casually is just about as bad as drinking soda casually..

Originally Posted by Timpace

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

What's the reason why gatorade is bad for you everyday, is it the sodium or something?

yea cuz i drink it almost everyday...it has to be better than sodas everyday...
it's not any better. a lot of sodas actually have less sugar. HFCS is toxic, it should not be put into the body. there is no safe amount forit. yet its in everything. and we wonder why america is so fat

Originally Posted by nublee

Originally Posted by wanksta23

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

h2o for the win
how can you guys drink water with a meal
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

but i drink a bottle of gatorade a day..the rest of day is just OJ and milk
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
at you too. I can't drink water with a meal, it makes me full. Sodaor gatorade doesn't make me feel as full.

h2o for the win
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

indifferent.gif

wth? Water is the most basic universal drink. It cleanses the body and have no calories. Gatorade gives you electrolytes which is carbs so carbs + more carbs =
sick.gif
. Humans are the only species thatdrink milk after infancy..., wedon't even need to drink milk after infancy but we buy it because we are told its good for you, its actually for marketing. Yes there is vitamins but thereis vitiamins in almost everything else. Water ftw

Originally Posted by IluvJordanXI

h2o for the win
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

indifferent.gif

wth? Water is the most basic universal drink. It cleanses the body and have no calories. Gatorade gives you electrolytes which is carbs so carbs + more carbs =
sick.gif
. Humans are the only species thatdrink milk after infancy..., we don't even need to drink milk after infancy but we buy it because we are told its good for you, its actually for marketing. Yes there is vitamins but there is vitiamins in almost everything else. Water ftw
WHAT YOU THOUGHT YOU WAS GOING TO GET FROM A BUNCH OF AMERICANS ....

BORN WITH COCA-COLA AS BABY BOTTLES..SMH

h2o for the win
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

so you eat your meal with OJ or milk?
alien.gif

i have been drinking ice water with everything for AGES
laugh.gif

if i feel like i need a little more flavor (because some foods need that
laugh.gif
) i get a seltzer w/ lime&lemon
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Boilermaker X

Things like Gatorade and Powerade are pop without the bubbles. They're basically high fructose corn syrup (cheap sugar) and water. Propel is the same thing only with less sugar.

I'm sure someone will want to argue that they also contain some salts, but the negligible amount of electrolytes you get from "sports drinks" pales in comparison to the empty sugar calories you're drinking. Nobody would take a Coke with them to basketball practice but people think nothing of slamming Gatorade - and there is very little difference nutritionally.

Vitamin Water is a joke. It's flavored water with cheap B and C vitamins. These are the easiest vitamins in the world to obtain in any diet. You want your B vitamins? Eat a piece of whole wheat bread. And Vitamin C is in all sorts of commercial products and soft drinks (even some candy!) already because it gives things a tangy flavor - just look for "ascorbic acid" in the ingredients.

Show me a Vitamin Water with meaningful amounts of vitamin A, D, or E and I will be very impressed. These are vitamins that many people lack in their diet because the sources are either expensive, don't store well, or aren't fun enough for some people to eat (fresh fruit and vegetables, fresh milk, fresh fish).

Kool-Aid will rot your teeth and give you diabetes but at least Kool-Aid is honest. Selling things like Gatorade and Vitamin Water as products that do good things for you takes your money and insults your intelligence.
That was pretty much what I was gonna say. Good to see a Boilermaker on here too.

stopped drinking soda, gatorade and juice in november. only been drinking water and an occassional beer here and there. gatorade have a high sugar content,prior to november i used to drink it everyday.

The world will not come to an end if you drink things other than water. Drink in moderation and you'll be cool.

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

what about G2? Isnt that a casual drink?? Cause I drink that stuff everyday
man...im drinking one as we speak. thats all i drink well and water and fat free milk.

I can't believe you guys are arguing over water. I go through a minimum of four bottles a day. If anything you shouldn't drink milk. There's areason why a good percentage of adults are lactose intolerant. Our bodies can't handle it yet it is pushed on us as healthy. I haven't had a glass ofmilk in years.

OP, if you want to drink Gatorade, just drink it. Its bad because of the high sodium content and should only be used after rigorous activity but as someonesaid earlier, you only live once so enjoy it while you can.
Lactose isn't unhealthy. Many adults are lactose intolerant because humans were never meant to drink milk past the breast feeding stage. Low-fat milk is perfectly fine for you. Without milk, I'm sure most of you wouldn't get enough calcium in your diet anyways. I doubt a multi or leafy green vegetables are on your favorite list of things to consume.

I never said lactose was unhealthy. I should have added that past the age of 1.5 that ppl. shouldn't drink mild.

Originally Posted by RellNye

I can't believe you guys are arguing over water. I go through a minimum of four bottles a day. If anything you shouldn't drink milk. There's a reason why a good percentage of adults are lactose intolerant. Our bodies can't handle it yet it is pushed on us as healthy. I haven't had a glass of milk in years.
Lactose isn't unhealthy. Many adults are lactose intolerant because humans were never meant to drink milk past the breast feeding stage.Low-fat milk is perfectly fine for you. Without milk, I'm sure most of you wouldn't get enough calcium in your diet anyways. I doubt a multi or leafygreen vegetables are on your favorite list of things to consume.

Back
Top Bottom