Is Dwyane Wade the 3rd best SG of all time?

Iverson over Wade? You serious?
dont get me wrong, wade is really really good (when hes not hurt)...but iverson was absolutely filthy when he was young...i understand the comparison, but top level iverson would dump on top level wade.

IMO peak performance>longevity. Wade at the peak of his powers, was incredible, he was like a 6-4 mini lebron. I don't really think what he does from ages 31-38 matters to my opinion of him.

Last edited:
No.

OJ Mayo is third.
Clyde Drexler is fourth.
Manu Ginobili is fifth.
Joe Johnson is sixth.

Then Dwyane.

IMO peak performance>longevity. Wade at the peak of his powers, was incredible, he was like a 6-4 mini lebron. I don't really think what he does from ages 31-38 matters to my opinion of him.

I agree. Not to mention he now does have some longevity under his belt.

I would give Wade the #3 spot

Iverson over Wade? You serious?
dont get me wrong, wade is really really good (when hes not hurt)...but iverson was absolutely filthy when he was young...i understand the comparison, but top level iverson would dump on top level wade.
Absolutely not. There aren't many guards in history better than top level Wade and Iverson isn't one of them. As entertaining as AI was to watch, he was a 6'0" (on a good day) inefficient chucker. He's not seeing the all-around greatness of prime Wade.

Last edited:
In my opinion as of right now Wade is not 3rd best all time, but at the end of his career he will be. He still has a few good years left to rack up stats and rings ya know!

Iverson in his prime is better than any version of Wade. He took a squad that was as bad as Lebron's in 07, to the finals by himself. If you consider him a SG, then (as of right now):

1) MJ
2) Kobe
3) West
4) Iverson
5) Wade

Last edited:
Iverson in his prime is better than any version of Wade. He took a squad that was as bad as Lebron's in 07, to the finals by himself.
In the weakest Eastern Conference in history. Look at SRS in '01. Only TWO East teams were better than the West's 9th seed. Houston went 45-37 overall but went 25-5 against the East. The East was a joke that year.

And no it wasn't "by himself". Sure the '01 Sixers didn't have much offensive talent but they were the 5th best defensive team in the league.

here come the Iverson haters. Instead of just saying "I didn't like him" they bring weak arguments and try discredit his accomplishments.  Same with the Kobe haters.  There's a line between who you don't like and who wasn't great.  I never really like LeBron.  He's the best player in the game right now. He's the best SF ever. Keep your emotions out of threads like these

F no. At 6-5 220 Oscar Robertson would have something to say about this. Wade at 3 is comical

Last edited:
I never understood all time questions regarding sports. I have never see full games of Jerry West and George Gervin so I have no right to even compare and most people under the age of 45 can't really either
Someone understands common sense. I have to agree with Razor Ramon ^.

I have never "experienced" those older players to fairly judge them. Even if I have seen game film, I didn't "experience" them in their day.

From what I have seen.

Jordan
Kobe
Wade

But I am under 30 years old so my NBA knowledge is limited to my conscious years.

People who are saying Iverson are simply 90's babies who haven't learned how championship basketball works.

Last edited:
here come the Iverson haters. Instead of just saying "I didn't like him" they bring weak arguments and try discredit his accomplishments.  Same with the Kobe haters.  There's a line between who you don't like and who wasn't great.  I never really like LeBron.  He's the best player in the game right now. He's the best SF ever. Keep your emotions out of threads like these
Here come the people who think having an opinion automatically equals "hating."

Why would I say "I didn't like him" when the exact opposite is true? Growing up I had the white/red Answer Is, blue IIs, white/gray Vs, black/white/red VIIIs... I had more Iversons than Jordans. I would catch all of his nationally televised games because he was so dynamic and he was my favorite player to watch.

And nothing I said has any emotion in it. I don't think he was better than Wade, it's as simple as that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom