Is Earl Sweatshirt the Illest teen rapper ever?

In fact, Earl is rapping about exactly what Eminem was rapping about on the Slim Shady LP. If not—just as good as Em.

In fact, Earl is rapping about exactly what Eminem was rapping about on the Slim Shady LP. If not—just as good as Em.

nah, tyler is better than earl

and earl got sent to military school when his parents found out he was rapping

so he's not a rapper anymore

LOL

i was finna read the post, but i cant even finish...

dudes in here are wayyyyyy too pro-hate

all these odd future dudes outrap ll cool j, bro, come on now....they outrap everyone in the 80s not named rakim and slick rick....

laugh.gif

how are they just "riding" the "in" thing? aint nobody rapping like these dudes. Someone compared their style to eminem's early style....i think eminem was slightly more comic with his.....but i think its a fair comparison. however, i dont feel they were influenced by eminem's style to the point where you can stay they're biting or stole it.

in a day and age where everyone is super hard, super cool or super "real", these kids are refreshing.

they rap better than 95 percent of rappers and they arent trying to be outside of theirselves...tyler wears knee high socks....

their music is dope.

id much rather listen to OF than young money and maybach music...period.

(ftr, i will ONLY vouch for the rapping ability of tyler, i havent heard the other dudes enough....and what i have heard is marginal with flashes of talent)

how you dudes hip hop heads and cant rock with simple melodies over clean, crisp drum breaks?

nah, yall need them synth harps and rolling snares in beats that overpower the actual rapping....so you can focus on the ad-libs

LOL

all these odd future dudes outrap ll cool j, bro, come on now....they outrap everyone in the 80s not named rakim and slick rick....

laugh.gif

how are they just "riding" the "in" thing? aint nobody rapping like these dudes. Someone compared their style to eminem's early style....i think eminem was slightly more comic with his.....but i think its a fair comparison. however, i dont feel they were influenced by eminem's style to the point where you can stay they're biting or stole it.

in a day and age where everyone is super hard, super cool or super "real", these kids are refreshing.

they rap better than 95 percent of rappers and they arent trying to be outside of theirselves...tyler wears knee high socks....

their music is dope.

(ftr, i will ONLY vouch for the rapping ability of tyler, i havent heard the other dudes enough....and what i have heard is marginal with flashes of talent)

how you dudes hip hop heads and cant rock with simple melodies over clean, crisp drum breaks?

nah, yall need them synth harps and rolling snares in beats that overpower the actual rapping....so you can focus on the ad-libs

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Earl's not in any sort of military school.

He's at home.

so that's a rumor he got shipped out by his parents?
According to Taco...some #*@! went down where they all got in trouble with the law and his mom just forbid him from rapping until he's 18. 

He's at home.

According to Taco...some #*@! went down where they all got in trouble with the law and his mom just forbid him from rapping until he's 18. 

He's at home.

oh

i dont know too much about these dudes, but my homie, who i thought did, kept reinterating the comedic value of  earl being shipped off to a military school which is why he doesnt rap anymore

laugh.gif

my momma wouldnt be able to stop me from rapping, tho

(especially when you got a board full of complete strangers 10-12 years older than you, arguing about your talent)

He's at home.

oh

i dont know too much about these dudes, but my homie, who i thought did, kept reinterating the comedic value of  earl being shipped off to a military school which is why he doesnt rap anymore

laugh.gif

my momma wouldnt be able to stop me from rapping, tho

(especially when you got a board full of complete strangers 10-12 years older than you, arguing about your talent)

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

YOU DEAD WRONG

SLIM WOULD OF BEEN RAPPING CIRCLES AROUND THIS KID
laugh.gif

EMINEM WAS PUTTING EFFORT INTO THE BARS/PUNCHLINES HE WAS SPITTING

EARL JUST BE SPITTING THAT STUFF CAUSE IT RHYMES

EARL RAPS LIKE ENCORE EMINEM WITHOUT THE CRAZY VOICES IF THAT MAKES SENSE

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

YOU DEAD WRONG

SLIM WOULD OF BEEN RAPPING CIRCLES AROUND THIS KID
laugh.gif

EMINEM WAS PUTTING EFFORT INTO THE BARS/PUNCHLINES HE WAS SPITTING

EARL JUST BE SPITTING THAT STUFF CAUSE IT RHYMES

EARL RAPS LIKE ENCORE EMINEM WITHOUT THE CRAZY VOICES IF THAT MAKES SENSE

NO, ANDREW.

I'M TALKING ABOUT THEIR SUBJECT MATTER. EM USED TO JUST SPIT ABOUT RAPING WOMEN WHICH IS PRETTY MUCH WHAT EARL DOES FOR THE MOST PART.

SO, YES, THAT IS WHY I'M COMPARING THE TWO (COMPARING RAPPERS IS SO CLICHE, THOUGH).

NO, ANDREW.

I'M TALKING ABOUT THEIR SUBJECT MATTER. EM USED TO JUST SPIT ABOUT RAPING WOMEN WHICH IS PRETTY MUCH WHAT EARL DOES FOR THE MOST PART.

SO, YES, THAT IS WHY I'M COMPARING THE TWO (COMPARING RAPPERS IS SO CLICHE, THOUGH).

NO, ANDREW.

I been saying this.
It's funny everyone is in such an uproar about their subject matter but it was totally OK for Eminem back in 98.

NO, ANDREW.

I been saying this.
It's funny everyone is in such an uproar about their subject matter but it was totally OK for Eminem back in 98.

NO, ANDREW.

I been saying this.

see, this is exactly why i cant #*!% with any song em has done in public besides i just dont give a #*!%

that $%!@ is SOOOOOOOOOO CORNY to listen to now...

laugh.gif

these dudes dont seem like they're "trying" to be funny or weird tho...

they're just funny and weird....which is why i like them...

i mean, outside of the fact that they can rap technically well.....over pretty pure drum break loops.....

this is prolly the "realest" $%!@ being put out in 2011.....

NO, ANDREW.

I been saying this.

see, this is exactly why i cant #*!% with any song em has done in public besides i just dont give a #*!%

that $%!@ is SOOOOOOOOOO CORNY to listen to now...

laugh.gif

these dudes dont seem like they're "trying" to be funny or weird tho...

they're just funny and weird....which is why i like them...

i mean, outside of the fact that they can rap technically well.....over pretty pure drum break loops.....

this is prolly the "realest" $%!@ being put out in 2011.....

LOL

laugh.gif

their music is dope.

They are all SHOCK VALUE. I can see teens eating this up. No offense to some of the younger crowd on NT. When I was younger I bumped Eminem like crazy so if I was 15 16 again I would probably be bumping these dudes. But let's get some facts here straight. There's nothing SPECTACULAR about their rapping. EARL is the ONLY one that I see that could develop into a dope emcee. Hell, he's already pretty dope now with his lil flow but he like the others rely on Shock Value too much. 
Tyler is all Shock Value. I don't wanna hear it.

Frank Ocean is probably the only REAL MUSIC ARTIST.

LOL

laugh.gif

their music is dope.

They are all SHOCK VALUE. I can see teens eating this up. No offense to some of the younger crowd on NT. When I was younger I bumped Eminem like crazy so if I was 15 16 again I would probably be bumping these dudes. But let's get some facts here straight. There's nothing SPECTACULAR about their rapping. EARL is the ONLY one that I see that could develop into a dope emcee. Hell, he's already pretty dope now with his lil flow but he like the others rely on Shock Value too much. 
Tyler is all Shock Value. I don't wanna hear it.

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Ironic enough, Frank, out of everyone in Odd Future, is probably the only one that isn't making original music.

His entire mixtape sounds like fake Dream music to me.
laugh.gif
One of the songs on there is over an MGMT I believe.

Back
Top Bottom