Is Fabolous Too Content.....

Fab is the Joe Johnson of Rap. Yeah he's nice enough to get a max contract, be an all star, hit a game winner or two, but he'll rather coast by and be content in his space than try to reach the next level. At the end of the day he'll still be on features, drop mixtapes and drink Coco Loso in clubs wearing all black with his sunglasses on :smokin With that being said,  Im content with not checking for his new material.

Fab is the Joe Johnson of Rap. Yeah he's nice enough to get a max contract, be an all star, hit a game winner or two, but he'll rather coast by and be content in his space than try to reach the next level. At the end of the day he'll still be on features, drop mixtapes and drink Coco Loso in clubs wearing all black with his sunglasses on :smokin With that being said,  Im content with not checking for his new material.

true. I started listening to dude cause I thought he was next to take over the game when he came out. At the end of the day he didn't do that. i aint mad at it tho he livin life. could care less abt his music now tho.

Last edited:
Listened to both Soul Tapes again after seeing this thread.

Both tapes are so damn good. 
smokin.gif

NT is just dumb these days. Fab has been on for a decade & a half and is still relevant in rap. He's always gonna get high placed features, he's always going to be able to tour & do shows. He may never drop a "Classic" album but he has far more better "SONGS" than a majority of rappers. Ya'll are so thirsty to call things classic that it has become a mark on your career.

When in reality what makes a classic is suppose to be a timeless piece of music that cant be replicated by many.

Nobody is saying he isn't relevant. He may not have a "story" like a lot of the great mc's,but he does make better songs than most of the NY rappers these days. Its the fact that this dude has had the potential to be great.That's were the Joe Johnson caparison came from. They both are or seem lazy but are capable of killing the game on any given day.POTENTIAL. Instead bruh has just cruised by these last few yrs.

Don't get me wrong, If i was in his shoes, I'd probably do the same thing. He has a ok fanbase, so the show money will continue to come in for the next few years.Plus he's always capable of spitting a nice 16, so folks gonna always want a feature of two from him. Seems like he's made a good amount of bread. So I can see why he's content with his position in the game.

How is Fab relevant today? I'm not saying he is or isn't but I'd like to hear the reason behind either argument. Also since he tours what songs does he perform his old joints? What are some hot songs that have been relevant to the game in recent years?

Hes corny now and his punchlines seem forced

He hasnt had a nice single in years thats why his album hasnt dropped

lol all i know is i do see him with recent songs on blogs still, and i do see him performing alot.

I couldn't tell you the last solo fab song I've listened too though......

Man I dont care about Fab now, but when he dropped "Breathe" as a single I was like :x :smh: in a good way. Song is too fire.

Last edited:
Fab is and has always been extremely limited. Props for somehow managing to stay semi-relevant this long (dude said that "you only reach for your hip when you're two way go off" line when i was in high school; I'll be 30 next year) but neither I or anyone I know is actively anticipating a Fab tape or album. And of all those TINC with the corny death references were pretty wack. To dude who said The Soul Tape is one of the best mixtapes he's ever downloaded..... :rofl:

IMO TINC is one of the best mixtapes I've ever heard. He just had to many bars on that joint. :pimp:

And the death stuff didn't start until TINC 2.

Fab is nice... Always has been nice always will be nice. He gives you a good 16 when he wants to.

I think he just understands that he will never reach that next level. The Wayne, Drake, etc level where he is a superstar. So he is content being the mixtapes dude. Doing shows and everything.
And I ain't mad because he was never good at making the type songs he would have to in order to reach that level.

NT, y'all really be reaching for some of these artist to take their career to the next level :smh: . I've been following him since he was "Fabolous Sport" and many people compared him to Ma$e at the time. Yes, some of his bars are watered down and hasn't dropped an album in a while but that doesn't take anything away from his longevity in the music industry. He made his money, got out the hood, and now he can kick his feet up, what's wrong with that?

Tracks from TNIC 1 & 2 plus Loso's Way still find their way into my rotation :smokin :smokin .

To each his own tho, his past catalog is still better than anything these new dudes from NY are putting out right now.

Last edited:
For all of you saying he doesnt have a classic what would you rather from an artist someone who you can have 20-30 songs on your playlist for them or 5-10 songs that are "classics"

For all of you saying he doesnt have a classic what would you rather from an artist someone who you can have 20-30 songs on your playlist for them or 5-10 songs that are "classics"

Call me a traditionalist but I prefer a good, complete album over a collection of scattered good tracks.

Back
Top Bottom