Is Fabolous Too Content.....

RE: the NY is weak comment

I meant it in the way there is really nothing pushing the top NY people because the 2nd and 3rd tier rappers are trash (chicken noodle soup and all that trash)

Down south you get a new rapper every year it looks like cause they have their sound and if u not putting out quality music u will get pushed to the back.

No one can push fab to the back because there is no1 really to take his place. And we know damn well no rapper alive will take either Jay or Nas spot either so they dont have to put out quality music in a timely manner. They are on their own clock. NY was at its best when everyone was competing you had jay, nas, 50, cam, jada, styles, i mean u can even throw fat joe in there. Add Philly and u had cassidy, Freeway, Beans, The list can go on and on and on. Now we are lucky if we get 2 albums from the region and everyone is on each others track or the south is all over it anyways so there is no true competition. Jay and Nas won the arms race and everyone else fell back.

The thing hear is your comparing one small state into an ENTIRE REGION.... But the thing about this argument is the dudes who are at the forefront of the south aren't aming the top quality music.

Talent like Jay & Nas ain't being pressured because their are but so many people born who could duplicate that.... But when you have a 2Chainz or a Future or a Ross of course their going to have strong comp because there not making ground breaking music. I listen to all them dudes and in a matter of a year its very possible that they could easily fall off not because of comp but because they are barely above the level of those 2nd & 3rd tier rhymers

RE: the NY is weak comment

I meant it in the way there is really nothing pushing the top NY people because the 2nd and 3rd tier rappers are trash (chicken noodle soup and all that trash)

Down south you get a new rapper every year it looks like cause they have their sound and if u not putting out quality music u will get pushed to the back.

No one can push fab to the back because there is no1 really to take his place. And we know damn well no rapper alive will take either Jay or Nas spot either so they dont have to put out quality music in a timely manner. They are on their own clock. NY was at its best when everyone was competing you had jay, nas, 50, cam, jada, styles, i mean u can even throw fat joe in there. Add Philly and u had cassidy, Freeway, Beans, The list can go on and on and on. Now we are lucky if we get 2 albums from the region and everyone is on each others track or the south is all over it anyways so there is no true competition. Jay and Nas won the arms race and everyone else fell back.

The thing hear is your comparing one small state into an ENTIRE REGION.... But the thing about this argument is the dudes who are at the forefront of the south aren't aming the top quality music.

Talent like Jay & Nas ain't being pressured because their are but so many people born who could duplicate that.... But when you have a 2Chainz or a Future or a Ross of course their going to have strong comp because there not making ground breaking music. I listen to all them dudes and in a matter of a year its very possible that they could easily fall off not because of comp but because they are barely above the level of those 2nd & 3rd tier rhymers

I agree with u but when i say NY its more of a east coast thing. NY, Jersey, Philly As far down as even maybe Baltimore. The South is always gonna be led by ATL Miami is heating up but besides those two cities nothing else is really going on.(Houston is a diff entity to me) People from NC,SC go to ATL to get their buzz.

Back
Top Bottom