Is fat joe **** riding the south

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by TCW 96

NO ONE in New York is poppin' except 50 Cent.

6k08ahw.jpg

roll.gif

And if I'm not mistaken, one of the best east coast beatmakers, Dj Premier, happens to be from Texas.................

Read that statement over that does not help your point. Wouldn't that mean Premo is ridin the east coast? Just for da sake of argument (Premo's alegend), that does not make sense.

smokin.gif

as far as REAL NY rappers jackin the south theres not too much ive seen...for the most part as told by Bless over the years the south has jocked too much steezfrom both the east and west.....correct me if im wrong but old chevys wit candy paint is a west coast thing....and homie i cant believe you sed that fab wearin"Grills" as you sed was a southern thing...dudes from the east always wore "Fronts" since the 80's jus w.o the flashy jewels.its a damshame that ppl think the south originated all of this...im not sayin they didnt add thier own style to it but they didnt create any of it.....

Premier FROM Houston...nah homie...jus bc your born in a place doesnt mean thas where your from..

Premier FROM Houston...nah homie...jus bc your born in a place doesnt mean thas where your from..
Word? Well..he was introduced to DJing while attending school at Prairie View A&M in Prairie View, Texas and didn't move until afterwards.That means he's from Texas. Sorry.

Jada and Sheek did a song with Rick Ross called "Take it down South". What the hell does that tell you? Can't beat 'em, join'em.

Rakim: "It aint where you from, its where you at"
I know most of you guys are too young to remember when rappers from every region had to keep up with NYC rappers in order to get respectthroughout the game. So because now a couple of washed up rappers are extending their last seconds of limelight by trying to eat off the south, itsconsidered d-riding?

What would yall call the 20+ years every other region was trying to emulate the east?

Good thing their still some NY rappers with integrity like Joell Ortiz, Nas, Ghost, BCC & etc that still make that NY Hip-Hop and don't ride d..k likethese other cats.

I don't know of any downsouth rapper saying sh.. like "yo son im chillin at the bodega with the fresh uptowns on" But yet im hearing n....s uptoptalking about they live in "Da Trap" and ridin with candypaint drippin off the Lac. Its the PJ's in NY ain't no f....ing "traps"round here.

Naw, it means he molded ya'll sound....................
Naw just meant wasn't nobody hot enough down south at the time to blaze a Premo beat.

I got nothing against southern rap....aslong as the mc's are real wit theres.....I wish there were more southern mcs like the original pioneers of thesouth....Outkast,UGK,Geto Boyz,Goodie Mob ect...

Originally Posted by Capital B Capital C

so im guessin now this means that if your an east artist you have to stick to 1 sound only?..... dont try to be versatile?

its not a matter of "versatility". n's is trying to milk a whole culture

Originally Posted by Youngdipset20

Originally Posted by iLLscan

pun was rockin grills before anyone in the south
Pun??? Dudes was rocking fronts in the 80's.

i know..

You dont know,gold teeth or tooth is more of a southern thing than it every would be a NY or North.Period.
Pun? you must be a diehard fan because when it comes to gold teeth pun is the last person I would think of.The first cat that I can remember seeing with goldteeth from top to bottom was JustIce.

Keep the south in the south.

your snap and supermanning ho's is eradicating brain cells everywhere.

the south "music" is def unappreciated.

keep it real and give us more 'kast, scarface, ugk, etc

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by Capital B Capital C

so im guessin now this means that if your an east artist you have to stick to 1 sound only?..... dont try to be versatile?

its not a matter of "versatility". n's is trying to milk a whole culture

SO WHERE WAS HIPHOP STARTED AT?

I don't know of any downsouth rapper saying sh.. like "yo son im chillin at the bodega with the fresh uptowns on" But yet im hearing n....s uptop talking about they live in "Da Trap" and ridin with candypaint drippin off the Lac. Its the PJ's in NY ain't no f....ing "traps" round here.
Apperently, you don't know what a "trap" is. It's a place place where dealers sell their product from, soif there are no "traps" around ya'll way, then people don't sell dope up there.
grin.gif

You the type N' that likes to hear Pac in the club........
indifferent.gif
Dudes like D4L make music for just that, the club,H's don't wanna listen to Talib Kweli when they're in the club, they wanna pop, lock and drop it you silly *** N.

Originally Posted by knightlovesqueen

8f0mf4j.gif

South music will make an international impact soon. Just watch.
wink.gif

Don't forget we also got Luda, T.I., Three 6 Mafia, Young Jeezy, Juvenile, Young Buck, Chamillionaire, and Z-ro that are legit too.

South music will make an international impact soon. Just watch.
wink.gif

Don't forget we also got Luda, T.I., Three 6 Mafia, Young Jeezy, Juvenile, Young Buck, Chamillionaire, and Z-ro that are legit too.
laugh.gif
Luda got da best chance in ya list for an internationalimpact, Jeezy garbage he wont make a real hip hop impact, Young Buck? *****, I got love for Juve but thats a no his time is up word to Flava Flav,Chamillionaire? I like him but 1st album sales were a fluke off 1 song he might be able to repeat it but I doubt it, Z-ro this N_ nice but Im 1 of the dudesoutside of Texas let alone da South who know about him.

I dont kno if you meant a impact with sales or an impact on hip hop music but either way that aint da list, but I'll be on the look out watching forthis
nerd.gif
wink.gif

To dude who said Premo molded NY sound, clearly you got it mixed up. Why us? Seems like he was influenced by our sound and then worked from there. Texas couldabeen on the map all of da 90s if he linked up with a Texas MC why didnt he? Dude went to Boston scooped up Guru n headed with this new style to the only placeother than da West that would appreciate and rock with it. I always felt the South never had a good recognizable sound; Outkast music seems to only stay within da Dungeon Family, The whole 2 Live Crew sound stayed in FL, Master P's southern movement seems to have the biggest impact and had mainstream successbut only so many southern rappers rock with it. Now Im probably missin some cuz I aint from the region but other than crunk, snap, c&s, which are only aonce in awhile type a thing so thanks for Premo if he even claim yall.

I aint gonna reallyget into the gold teeth/tooth thing but if that is so deeply rooted in southern culture fine but it aint get big till NY started doin it.Word to Just I ce and Flava Flav

smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom