Is Getting A Shapeup an "Unproffesional" Look?

Very interesting thread. Very old as well..lol. I prefer my hairline to be more natural looking when I get a haircut...

Would love to see ninja finally cook, but I couldn't make it beyond dude saying a bald head was unprofessional. Thread is bizarre, especially since most of the ones responding clearly don' t work corporate.

Yea that was :lol:

He spoke facts in this thread otherwise tho

Last edited:
That boy tiger woods don't really have a say in the matter. His dome look like the tennis ball your dog plays with. That scandal ruined his wig. Literally.

:rofl: was just saying this yesterday when he was talking about breaking that record

My mans is looking washed and tired he has no say in anything

Learn to cut your own hair.

My hair is flexed up 24/7.

How
So basically what we've learned is:

- White people don't care (or notice)
- Older black males don't really care, it just wasn't their style.
- The only people who DO care are 25-40 y.o. "token" black males who somehow think they're more accepted by the corporate world because they don't get lineups and push Camrys to be "conservative" :lol:

So basically this all sums to another case of black people judging OTHER black people based on some white/corporate standard that in reality doesn't even exist.

...stuff like this is why we can't get ahead. :smh:

You be surprised at the shade I get thrown working corporate from dudes my age still working at Walgreens or some ****. It's wild.

Last edited:
Famb I was at a homeless shelter and some dudes were side eyeing instead of just trying to have a conversation with me. I heard one say some slick **** and I had to catch myself and remember where I am and why I'm here.

Was talking to a friend about this the other day. I know it might sound like a silly logic but he brought up the point that many CORPORATE/POLITICAL blackfigures walk around without shape ups. Obama, Jessie Jackson, Tiger Woods, news anchors. I have heard some say that it is "too black."

Has anyone heard this before? Yea I know it sounds silly but it is something to ponder.
I do notice this

I have a buddy that would go to a dominican shop where i go to.. later decided to hit some spot in dc and get cut from some white peeps. Double the price and no damn shapeup. Looks like they just trim the hair and thats it. Smh

All my life I've noticed that old heads hardly ever have a line up in the front, only in the back :smh:
When I look at pics from back in the 60-80's it's pretty much the same.

As opposed to what?

I would say it sounds like you've been talking to white ppl.

Those examples are of black guys that simply don't care or are old. Also don't count if you conk ya damn hair.

Considering how many people have bad haircuts, rock wet hair to work, have the Nazi cut, bed head, assorted bowl cuts and neck beards etc... I don't even understand the OP.

Grouping 5 famous people of any race and treating that race as a monolith is the problem.

I've never seen a black person admonished at work for getting a shape up.

It seems like lineups just became a thing in the past few decades. Black Republicans that are in a position of power are probably around their 50s so they went virtually their entire life without getting a shape up.

I’d like to see a black president with waves
Obama with a salt and pepper 360
Woulda been legendary

So is that why black people never had edge ups on TV back in the gap? White folks thought is was too black??

Back
Top Bottom