Is Getting A Shapeup an "Unproffesional" Look?

I've been cutting my own hair for years and as I get older, I don't NEED to have the sharpest lineup like I did back in the day. Most people don't notice or simply don't care. Especially in the office.

idk about the "too black" reasoning behind it. I've always thought it was an age thing. All the the guys around my age or younger always keep a fresh line up or are just always well groomed. It's the older guys that I've seen not giving a crap about shape ups and what have you. Figured it's just one of those things you stop caring about as you get older.

I’m jealous of people with a nice natural line. I got too much hairline with a widow’s peak. Hairline is in the shape of the letter “m” if I don’t clean it up.

Its some weird threads bout haircuts on here...this and the one bout getting cuts with dirty razors and no alcohol comes to mind :lol: :smh:

Ok so I just came across this commercial for this guy running for Congress and the first thing I notice is the lack of fresh shape up.

Dude is young. I'm like what the **** are you doing bro? Hairline like a jagged sidewalk.

Then as I searched for this vid I discover this dude use to be a rapper :lol: I know he had a fresh lineup when he tried to get on.

There really may be something to black politicians straight up ditching the routine shapeups once they get in to that hustle.

Looks like he shaves his head or cuts it really low to the point where you don’t really need a shape up. His doesn’t bother me.

Ok so I just came across this commercial for this guy running for Congress and the first thing I notice is the lack of fresh shape up.

Dude is young. I'm like what the **** are you doing bro? Hairline like a jagged sidewalk.

Then as I searched for this vid I discover this dude use to be a rapper :lol: I know he had a fresh lineup when he tried to get on.

There really may be something to black politicians straight up ditching the routine shapeups once they get in to that hustle.

Son sounding like a Dollar Tree Obama :lol:

Looks like he shaves his head or cuts it really low to the point where you don’t really need a shape up. His doesn’t bother me.
Once his face came on the screen I could clearly see where the shape up should be to make dude look on point.

As an everyday thing it doesn't bother me. Sometimes you busy, don't got time, broke, got a Bibby type barber, etc. but son is doing a commercial to promote himself, to get votes. He's too young for me to ignore it :lol: That bothers me.

Last edited:
Once his face came on the screen I could clearly see where the shape should be to make dude look on point.

As an everyday thing it doesn't bother me. Sometimes you busy, don't got time, broke, got a Bibby type barber, etc. but son is doing a commercial to promote himself, to get votes. He's too young for me to ignore it :lol: That bothers me.
White people don't pay attention to hairlines. Black folk obsess over that ish

Once his face came on the screen I could clearly see where the shape up should be to make dude look on point.

Doesn’t really matter the age. Cutting it that low doesn’t require a crisp hairline, even if it make you pop more.

Look at Vince Carter’s hairline his early years in the NBA. Dude kept it low with no shape up. Pretty sure no one was getting at him.

carter-vince-1999-620.jpg

Doesn’t really matter the age. Cutting it that low doesn’t require a crisp hairline, even if it make you pop more.

Look at Vince Carter’s hairline his early years in the NBA. Dude kept it low with no shape up. Pretty sure no one was getting at him.

carter-vince-1999-620.jpg
Don't really need a fresh line up at all while playing ball.

That's a profession that doesn't apply.

Age matters cuz early the discussion talked about older black men who simply don't give a **** no more and don't get shape us either. I'm specifically pointing out this dude is a young politician out here with a hairline that looks a 3 yr old tried to draw a straight line.

I've been cutting my own hair for years and as I get older, I don't NEED to have the sharpest lineup like I did back in the day. Most people don't notice or simply don't care. Especially in the office.

Facts been cutting my own hair the past 3 years. No one notices, usually get compliments cause I cut it every week and line it up every few days

Miss the barbershop experience but the benefits far outweigh the cons from a social and financial perspective

Don't really need a fresh line up at all while playing ball.

That's a profession that doesn't apply.

Age matters cuz early the discussion talked about older black men who simply don't give a **** no more and don't get shape us either. I'm specifically pointing out this dude is a young politician out here with a hairline that looks a 3 yr old tried to draw a straight line.
He's not young though. He's 41.

Probably doesn't line it up because his hairline is so far back. It's past his forehead stephen a status.

Where is that half white half asian dude to comment here? I forgot his screen name, but dude seemed to have the guide for acceptable corporate haircuts for brothers for the last thread on this. :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom