Is "GLEE" worth my time? vol. The Wire

I like shows like Entourage, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Arrested Development, The Wire, SOA, Breaking Bad. Is GLEE worth my time?

If you enjoy watching cover videos on youtube and stuff, it might be your thing. I personally don't like it.

It's a lot better than I expected it to be.

I watched the first episode of the season and got hooked. That being said, I feel as the episodes go on, it gets less and less funny.

Glee is far far better a show than it has any right to be. But honestly I think its the kind of show you can watch one episode and decide whether or not you'd want to keep watching.

Edit: Why in the hell would you think Glee is in anyway comparable to the Wire, Sons of Anarchy or Breaking Bad?

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

one of the best shows on tv this season!!!!!

actully its THE BEST
Well that's just false. Do yourself a favor a watch LOST. You can thank me later
pimp.gif

its basically degrassi with singing...too much drama in a high school which makes kids sing about their emotions. with that said....

it's worth watching if you have nothing else to do and enjoy music/performances...i'd prefer watching the office, how i met your mother, modern family or big bang theory

I don't know, the little bit that I've seen of it didn't impress me. Plus it's kinda creepy...

If you watch glee, you probably enjoy gossip girl, shaving your legs, vegan salads and you can't wait for the next Sex and the City movie.

first season was pretty dope to me..and i make my own beef jerky...so u know...whatever...

but this season, theyre just trying wayyyyy to hard..

roll.gif
@ asking about Glee and the volume is The Wire.

The show is nothing like the other shows you mentioned. It's basically a contemporary Grease/Westside story with some light drama and comedy. The show follows a specific format that's created its own lane.

Some of the chicks on the show are smashable. The thing about the show to me is you can stop watching and start some time later and still enjoy it to an extent. Overall I wouldn't say the show is that great but some demographic is watching it a lot.

Don't have time for the show with LOST taking up the 9 o'clock slot tho.

Originally Posted by rafiki zeeki

first season was pretty dope to me..and i make my own beef jerky...so u know...whatever...

but this season, theyre just trying wayyyyy to hard..

what? there's only one season running

I'm sorry but TV shows are so bad in comparison to HBO, Showtime shows.

I feel like Ive ruined regular TV shows forever after watching the wire, entourage, curb your enthusiasm and californication.

Its just not fair.

First half of the season was better then this second half. I enjoy the show, but as mentioned, I'd rather watch Lost during this time slot.

Back
Top Bottom