Is Hip Hop the most pirated Genre of Music? (serious discussion)

Seriously I wouldn't blame it on age due to the fact that other genres like pop and rock have the same age demographic. I know the internet is the cause of this but why do so many hip hop fans not feel the need to support their favorite artist.?

Seriously I wouldn't blame it on age due to the fact that other genres like pop and rock have the same age demographic. I know the internet is the cause of this but why do so many hip hop fans not feel the need to support their favorite artist.?

Originally Posted by goukiteg

Do you regularly listen to other genres of music?

Of course I love all types of music. And I get the same type of enjoyment that I do with hip hop.

It happens in all genres. You may think it happens in Hip Hop more but that's more to do with how many mixtapes we get that some consumers think we're pirating so much but it's just we have music where the only way to get it is pirated

It happens in all genres. You may think it happens in Hip Hop more but that's more to do with how many mixtapes we get that some consumers think we're pirating so much but it's just we have music where the only way to get it is pirated

Of course I love all types of music. And I get the same type of enjoyment that I do with hip hop.

Originally Posted by nom de guerre

So where are you basing the fact that Hip Hop is the most pirated genre of music?

So where are you basing the fact that Hip Hop is the most pirated genre of music?

I saw the list for record sales for the year 2010 only 1 hip hop album on there. Alot of hip hop albums came out last year and i know it has something to do with it.

I saw the list for record sales for the year 2010 only 1 hip hop album on there. Alot of hip hop albums came out last year and i know it has something to do with it.

Other genres: People pirate, people listen, people that like the album buy the album to support the artist
Hip Hop: People pirate, people listen, people like the album.......

Every genre is pirated. Hip Hop fans just dont buy albums

Other genres: People pirate, people listen, people that like the album buy the album to support the artist
Hip Hop: People pirate, people listen, people like the album.......

Every genre is pirated. Hip Hop fans just dont buy albums

Rap is kinda rebellious in nature... so I think the nature and motivation of the pirating is different in that aspect.

Rap is kinda rebellious in nature... so I think the nature and motivation of the pirating is different in that aspect.

Cant tell me Lady Gaga gets pirated as much as Jay-z.... Hip Hop is the youngest of the music genres, hence Hip Hop has the youngest listeners. Most Baby Boomers couldnt download a Beatles/Elvis album if they wanted to................

Cant tell me Lady Gaga gets pirated as much as Jay-z.... Hip Hop is the youngest of the music genres, hence Hip Hop has the youngest listeners. Most Baby Boomers couldnt download a Beatles/Elvis album if they wanted to................

Hip Hop might be pirated a lot more than others but its partially because the overall genre "Hip Hop" isn't as specific as country or techno is. ie: Gucci and Lupe are both hip hop artists but they are both placed in a different arena within hip hop. Other (not all) genre's however don't have as much separation within themselves and there is less of a demand for artists to make music that won't make their album and thus, less pirating.

However, that isn't to say people in other genre's aren't pirated because you should know that all popular artists have had their music pirated

Hip Hop might be pirated a lot more than others but its partially because the overall genre "Hip Hop" isn't as specific as country or techno is. ie: Gucci and Lupe are both hip hop artists but they are both placed in a different arena within hip hop. Other (not all) genre's however don't have as much separation within themselves and there is less of a demand for artists to make music that won't make their album and thus, less pirating.

However, that isn't to say people in other genre's aren't pirated because you should know that all popular artists have had their music pirated

Not even when music was first being pirated. There are forums posting up d/l links for classical music talking bout "You heard that Bach son?!!"

It just seems that way cuz a lot of Hip Hop fans with the know how to get the music illegally don't bother buying it after.

Not even when music was first being pirated. There are forums posting up d/l links for classical music talking bout "You heard that Bach son?!!"

It just seems that way cuz a lot of Hip Hop fans with the know how to get the music illegally don't bother buying it after.

lady gaga prolly gets bootlegged more than jay-z... theres that many more people who want to hear her music... people bootleg every genre...

lady gaga prolly gets bootlegged more than jay-z... theres that many more people who want to hear her music... people bootleg every genre...

Never heard of Taylor Swift, or hell even the Rolling Stones having to push their album ahead because of bootleggin.... No one here thinks Lady Gaga dont get bootlegged, I even d/l some of her songs, but you cannot tell me a Pop/Rock/R&B/Classical/Techno/Country artist out there getting pirated more than Jay, Wayne, Drake, or WHOEVER...... If you born before 1980 I doubt you a serious rap head like THAT...........and older heads just aint about goin to PirateBay............cats barely know how to email w/ attachments
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom