Is Hip Hop the most pirated Genre of Music? (serious discussion)

The thing is with hip hop there are so many mixtapes....why is some young kid gonna by this artists CD when all of his singles are on a free mixtape, and thoes are the only songs the kid wants to listen to anyway?

The thing is with hip hop there are so many mixtapes....why is some young kid gonna by this artists CD when all of his singles are on a free mixtape, and thoes are the only songs the kid wants to listen to anyway?

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by ca5perrr

i cant stand stereo love
mad.gif
but ppl love it,

smile.gif

Stereo Love did 125,000 downloads last week.

I can't stand it either though! HA! Chicks love that %#$+.

That record and Yolanda Be Cool vs. DCUP "We No Speak Americano" pretty much made my year. Mad downloads.
yup.

my 2 most hated songs, i reuse to play these, unless im gettin a god tip $$$.
i do have a american boy (kanye west, estelle) mashup over it. its ehh and a dubstep transition.
ehhhhh those songs still bring pain to my ears.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by ca5perrr

i cant stand stereo love
mad.gif
but ppl love it,

smile.gif

Stereo Love did 125,000 downloads last week.

I can't stand it either though! HA! Chicks love that %#$+.

That record and Yolanda Be Cool vs. DCUP "We No Speak Americano" pretty much made my year. Mad downloads.
yup.

my 2 most hated songs, i reuse to play these, unless im gettin a god tip $$$.
i do have a american boy (kanye west, estelle) mashup over it. its ehh and a dubstep transition.
ehhhhh those songs still bring pain to my ears.

Hip Hop is EASILY the most pirated. For some reason in Hip Hop it's cool not to buy CDs and everyone believes that all these rappers have all this money they rap about and show in videos even though most don't. Of course all other music is pirated also but not as much

Hip Hop is EASILY the most pirated. For some reason in Hip Hop it's cool not to buy CDs and everyone believes that all these rappers have all this money they rap about and show in videos even though most don't. Of course all other music is pirated also but not as much

I honestly think it has to do with our culture. People should realize that if we support eachother we succeed as a whole. Lets face it in Hip Hop there is alot of hate when it comes to people doing better or alot better than themselves. But on the other hand how many Hip Hop albums are worth buying these days. There was only a handful of good albums that came out last year that I actually bought. If the album is good enough you should buy it plain and simple.

I honestly think it has to do with our culture. People should realize that if we support eachother we succeed as a whole. Lets face it in Hip Hop there is alot of hate when it comes to people doing better or alot better than themselves. But on the other hand how many Hip Hop albums are worth buying these days. There was only a handful of good albums that came out last year that I actually bought. If the album is good enough you should buy it plain and simple.

Man I guess some of this Electro artists must have gotten pirated a lot because some of these cats are doing vinyl only releases and %!+#
30t6p3b.gif

Some of the dopest songs I find are by some artists from the UK but I can only hear em' on youtube cause I can't even find the song to buy legally sometimes

Man I guess some of this Electro artists must have gotten pirated a lot because some of these cats are doing vinyl only releases and %!+#
30t6p3b.gif

Some of the dopest songs I find are by some artists from the UK but I can only hear em' on youtube cause I can't even find the song to buy legally sometimes

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

30t6p3b.gif

Of course they're being pirated. I think we're just talking about the degree to which they are. 
I don't think that's why they do vinyl. That's just some "cool" ++!%. Collector ++!%. 

Reason you can't find UK songs to buy is because, if you're based in the US, there are territorial restrictions. So if no one IN the US has released the song IN the US, it can't be sold here. 

So yea, you can just download it free until a label decides to release it here. At which point it will be made available for sale. 

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

30t6p3b.gif

Of course they're being pirated. I think we're just talking about the degree to which they are. 
I don't think that's why they do vinyl. That's just some "cool" ++!%. Collector ++!%. 

Reason you can't find UK songs to buy is because, if you're based in the US, there are territorial restrictions. So if no one IN the US has released the song IN the US, it can't be sold here. 

So yea, you can just download it free until a label decides to release it here. At which point it will be made available for sale. 

Back
Top Bottom