Is hip-hop to blame for the youth acting out? bunB and Lupe speak to teacher

bun b made good points, lupe however got crucified on the worldstar comment's........
laugh.gif

guess dude's wasn't cool with lupe saying that "most subject's in school are meaningless and to teach kids how to grow a plant"

bun b made good points, lupe however got crucified on the worldstar comment's........
laugh.gif

guess dude's wasn't cool with lupe saying that "most subject's in school are meaningless and to teach kids how to grow a plant"

One would have to be EXTREMELY naive to believe that Hip Hop doesn't have an effect on our youth. Kids are extremely impressionable. Especially ones that lack guidance.

One would have to be EXTREMELY naive to believe that Hip Hop doesn't have an effect on our youth. Kids are extremely impressionable. Especially ones that lack guidance.

I think I had class with the kid who cant sit still in the back with the white and green shirt.

Will post my opinion later

I think I had class with the kid who cant sit still in the back with the white and green shirt.

Will post my opinion later

what about kids who grew up listening to rock or country?.. im guessing theyre the saints of young America?  

what about kids who grew up listening to rock or country?.. im guessing theyre the saints of young America?  

I cant say that Lupe's part was completely trash, but it was a very theoretical point of view. You cant trust each individual teacher enough to throw out books and still teach children from the heart. Most teachers dont even want to be there.

I cant say that Lupe's part was completely trash, but it was a very theoretical point of view. You cant trust each individual teacher enough to throw out books and still teach children from the heart. Most teachers dont even want to be there.

Come on Lupe....they have vocational schools for that.
Everyone need those classes hey says are useless. What they need to get rid of are the teachers who don't care whether the kids actually learn anything or not.

Originally Posted by proper english

if you watched the video Bun B said the exact same thing.

Come on Lupe....they have vocational schools for that.
Everyone need those classes hey says are useless. What they need to get rid of are the teachers who don't care whether the kids actually learn anything or not.

Originally Posted by proper english

if you watched the video Bun B said the exact same thing.

You'd have to "be about that life" to understand what Lupe is saying. I agree with him as well as Bun B. There are kids all over the country that go to school just to eat so for yall to say what he said has no substance and meaning probably got your drivers license at 15 and a camry or something a year later. I live in Albuquerque, New mexico last year over 10,000 STUDENTS WERE HOMELESS. But, of course somehow Hip Hop is the problem.

You wanna blame someone blame society. We promote texting 90999 to help Japan and Haiti when its citizens of the United States of America who don't even know where their next meal is coming from nor can they even read and write. Then you'll got people that blame "Welfare" for Americas short coming when in reality its a mere 2.9% of the nations budget.
Why would a child want to grow up and be like the same broke +%* people that they see living around them? Who else does a lower class child have to look up to? You dont see lawyers and professors and tax brokers going to the hoods to motivate these kids. But the rappers and the ball players always go back and show love so when thats all they see that actually have a life outside of the project homes tell me whose lead they'll follow.

I grew up in Memphis my entire life and I lost 2 brothers to the streets. I had always dreamed of playing ball but out of my entire high school from freshman to senior was Terrico White(Pistons), Thaddeus Young(76ers), & Duke Calhoun(Giants) that made it that far.

Every year I go home and go to the same Boys & Girls club that I grew up in with my military uniform just to give kids a vision that there are people out there that they can look up to and they dont have to sale drugs or play ball.... I've encouraged to date 7kids to join the military or police force just by talking to them and buying them a meal, new school uniform and a pair of sneakers and actually listening to them. & I'm not even trying to recruit. Kids will listen you just gotta show them that there could actually be some point of value in your words.

Funny thing is the people with the most negative to say are the ones that aint doing a damn thing to help.

peace

You'd have to "be about that life" to understand what Lupe is saying. I agree with him as well as Bun B. There are kids all over the country that go to school just to eat so for yall to say what he said has no substance and meaning probably got your drivers license at 15 and a camry or something a year later. I live in Albuquerque, New mexico last year over 10,000 STUDENTS WERE HOMELESS. But, of course somehow Hip Hop is the problem.

You wanna blame someone blame society. We promote texting 90999 to help Japan and Haiti when its citizens of the United States of America who don't even know where their next meal is coming from nor can they even read and write. Then you'll got people that blame "Welfare" for Americas short coming when in reality its a mere 2.9% of the nations budget.
Why would a child want to grow up and be like the same broke +%* people that they see living around them? Who else does a lower class child have to look up to? You dont see lawyers and professors and tax brokers going to the hoods to motivate these kids. But the rappers and the ball players always go back and show love so when thats all they see that actually have a life outside of the project homes tell me whose lead they'll follow.

I grew up in Memphis my entire life and I lost 2 brothers to the streets. I had always dreamed of playing ball but out of my entire high school from freshman to senior was Terrico White(Pistons), Thaddeus Young(76ers), & Duke Calhoun(Giants) that made it that far.

Every year I go home and go to the same Boys & Girls club that I grew up in with my military uniform just to give kids a vision that there are people out there that they can look up to and they dont have to sale drugs or play ball.... I've encouraged to date 7kids to join the military or police force just by talking to them and buying them a meal, new school uniform and a pair of sneakers and actually listening to them. & I'm not even trying to recruit. Kids will listen you just gotta show them that there could actually be some point of value in your words.

Funny thing is the people with the most negative to say are the ones that aint doing a damn thing to help.

peace

Originally Posted by SoVerSoTowel

Bun spit some real#$%$

Lupe was high and or drunk.

"teach em to grow plants" $%^ &outta here breh.
30t6p3b.gif
well we know he was neither of those off top

Back
Top Bottom